The AIIMS PG 2023 entrance test will be held to provide admission to applicants in the All India Institute of Medical Sciences’ MS/MD/M.Ch (6 yrs)/DM (6 yrs)/MDS programs (AIIMS). Applicants may only apply for the admission exam, which will be conducted two times a year, online. The admission examinations will be held in two sessions, one in January and the other in July. The online application for the January session would be released in August 2023, and the application form for the July session would be released in March 2023.
Prior to filling out the online application, applicants must make sure they meet the qualifying requirements. Applicants who enroll in MD/MDS/MS degree programs after passing the AIIMS PG 2023 test would be referred to as junior fellows in clinical disciplines and junior presenters in fundamental medical specialties. Applicants who’ve already passed from AIIMS would be granted institutional priority.
AIIMS PG 2023: Deadlines
Applicants would get important information regarding important events and timeframes by the notification:
|January session||July session|
|Online Registration Commencement||August 2022 (4th week)||March 2023 (2nd week)|
|Registration Last Date||September 2022 (3rd week)||March 2023 (4th week)|
|Checking of Application Status Last Date||October 2022 (3rd week)||April 2023 (2nd week)|
|The deadline for submitting documentation for the regularization of the Application is Rejected.||October 2022 (3rd week)||April 2023 (2nd week)|
|Admit Card Release||November 2022 (1st week)||April 2023 (4th week)|
|Date of Exam||November 2022 (3rd week)||1st week of May 2023|
|Declaration of Result||November 2022 (4th week)||May 2023 (2nd week)|
|Choice Filling||December 2022||May 2023 (3rd week)|
|Seat Allocation/Counselling Open Round||February 2023 (3rd week)||June 2023|
|Spot Counselling Date||March 2023||July 2023|
The following are the qualifying requirements that applicants must meet:
Nationality: Indian/ PIO/ OCI/Foreign Nationals can apply for the entrance exam.
Qualifying Test: Aspirants must hold an MBBS or BDS degree from an institution accredited by the Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India for the MS/MD program and a BDS degree for the MDS program. The candidates must have completed the mandatory rotating internship of 12 months on or before 30th January 2020 or 30th July 2020.
Percentage Required: Candidate should have obtained at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST candidates) in the qualifying examination.
AIIMS PG 2023 Application Form
Prior to filling out the Application Form, applicants should be aware of the following information:
- The registration form is accessible online.
- Applicants may fill out the application form on the test organizing authority’s webpage.
- For MD/ MS admissions, the application form submission procedure for AIIMS PG will be held from September to October 2022.
- Applicants must double-check their eligibility requirements before enrolling for these courses since only those who meet the requirements will be admitted.
- Only genuine and accurate information should be included in the application form; any erroneous or incorrect information would result in the application being rejected.
- Each applicant must register before the deadline since the authorities will not accept any application forms submitted after the deadline.
- Applicants must retain a copy of their completed application form as well as their fee receipt for reference purposes.
The application cost for the entrance test is Rs. 1500/- (transaction fees apply) for both general and OBC applicants. SC/ST applicants must pay an application fee of Rs. 1200/- plus transaction fees. The application cost for the entrance test is waived for applicants who have bench-mark impairments.
Payment Options: The indicated charge may be paid online using a debit card, credit card, or net banking account.
The following is the full AIIMS PG test pattern:
- Test Mode: The exam would be given in an online CBT format.
- Question Types: There will be multiple-choice questions on the paper.
- Number of Questions: The paper would include a total of 90 questions (for MDS) and 200 questions (for MS/ MD).
- Language: The paper would be delivered in English as the medium language.
- Disciplines: For MDS, questions will come from subjects taught at the BDS level, whereas for MD/ MS, questions would come from the MBBS level.
- Time Limit: The paper would be provided 90 minutes (for MDS) and 180 minutes (for MS/ MD).
- Total Marks: The paper would be worth 90 marks for MDS and 200 marks for MD/MS.
- Marking System: Each right answer would get one point. For every incorrect answer, one-third of a mark would be subtracted.
AIIMS PG 2023: Syllabus
The Curriculum for MD/ MS/ MDS test would include questions in different Pre-clinical, Para-clinical, and Clinical stage courses.
The following is the phase-by-phase curriculum for the Test:
Anatomy: Microanatomy, Embryology, Gross anatomy, Neuroanatomy.
Biochemistry: Enzymes, Biological cell, Immunology, Biomolecules, Metabolic pathways, Molecular Biology, Food assimilation and nutrition, their regulation and metabolic interrelationships, pH, Hormones, Buffer, Environmental biochemistry, physiological buffer systems, cancer and cancer makers.
Physiology: Nerve–Muscle, General Physiology, Cardiovascular System, Blood, Respiratory System, Gastrointestinal System, Yoga, Environmental Physiology, Nutrition, Kidney, Special Senses, Reproduction, EEG, Neurophysiology – General, Sensory system, Visceral and motivational system, Motor system, sleep, and higher nervous functions.
Pharmacology, Community Medicine, Pathology, Microbiology, etc
Surgery and allied subjects (Anaesthesiology, Community Medicine, Ophthalmology and Orthopaedics), E.N.T, Obstetrics, Medicine and allied subjects (Dermatology, Psychiatry), Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Clinical postings.