The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) is the organizing authority of Assam PAT (Polytechnic Admission Test). The same authority will disclose its application form in online mode in the month of May 2024. The online Assam PAT application form will be accessible via available at dte.assam.gov.in. Those students planning to appear in the Assam PAT 2024 are recommended to fill and submit the application form before the last date.
The exam is conducted with the purpose of providing admission to the eligible candidates in polytechnic diploma courses offered in the top institutions of Assam state. Before filling the application form, we suggest the interested candidates to properly go through the eligibility details. According to the Assam PAT exam pattern, the exam will be conducted for two hours, with the paper having multiple choice questions based on the standards of HSLC from Science and Mathematics subjects.
Assam PAT 2024 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Assam PAT (Polytechnic Admission Test) 2024|
|Conducting Agency||Directorate of Technical Education, (DTE) Assam|
|Exam Type||Polytechnic test|
|Level of the Exam||State Level|
Assam PAT 2024 Important Dates
|Application process starts from||Third week of May 2024|
|Last date to apply||Third week of July 2024|
|Last date to pay the application fee||July/ August 2024|
|Entrance exam date||Third week of August 2024|
|Result declaration date||September 2024|
Before proceeding to fill up the Application form, we suggest the candidates go through the eligibility criteria given below and make sure to satisfy these:
- Qualifying exam – Applicants clearing H.S.L.C or any equivalent level exam in a single sitting with at least 40% aggregate marks in Mathematics and Science. For SC/ ST candidates, the minimum aggregate marks in the two subjects are 35% and 33% respectively.
- Physical fitness – Entrants should have been physically and mentally fit.
- Residential eligibility – He/ she must be Indian national and permanent resident of the state of Assam.
- Age limit: General- 20 Years 6 Months as on December 31, 2024, SC/ ST- 23 Years 6 Months as on December 31, 2024 and Institutions outside Assam- 20 Years 6 Months as on December 31, 2024.
Assam PAT 2024 Application Form
Candidates can check the steps provided below in order to get the smooth application form filling procedure:
- First of all log in to the official website of Assam PAT- www.dte.assam.gov.in.
- Secondly, search for the application form link and click on the same.
- Start filling the application form by entering all the asked basic details asked in the application form.
- After that, attach/ upload scanned copies of your passport size photograph, relevant mark sheets, signature, category certificate and other crucial documents in the application form.
- After furnishing all the details in the form, review it carefully and then click on the “Submit” button.
- In the last step, applicants should select a mode for the application fee payment. Pay the application fee either by online or offline mode as per your suitability. Online mode includes internet banking/ debit card/ credit card and offline fee will be paid by State Bank of India (SBI) through Challan.
- It must be noted that the exam conducting authority doesn’t offer any correction option to make changes/ edit in the application form, so candidates should assure to submit the form with accurate details in one go only.
All category entrants have to pay Rs. 500/- as application fee which is non transferrable and non refundable.
- Exam Mode: Polytechnic Admission Test Examination will be conducted through offline (OMR based) mode.
- Time: A total of 2 hours will be assigned to the candidates for solving the queries paper.
- Question: The Question paper will be having 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) of 1 mark each.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer gets 1 mark by the authority.
- Negative marking: There will be no provision of deduction of marks and negative marking in the question paper.
Subject- Wise Questions Weight age
|Subjects||No. of questions||Total Marks|
|Mathematics and Science||100||100|
|General knowledge and English||100||100|
Assam PAT 2024 Results
The directing officials will release the result after few weeks from the completion of examination. The outcome will be divulged for every candidate who took part in the exam individually through online mode. Candidates will be able to download their results along with the scorecard from the website of the authority which is www.dte.assam.gov.in
Assam Polytechnic Result will be most likely released in the month of September 2024. Applicant should check his/ her dashboard to check and download the result. One can reach the dashboard through login credentials.
Assam Polytechnic 2024 Admission Process
The Directorate of Technical Education, Assam will chose the eligible and qualified candidates as per their qualifying marks. DTE, being the managing authority will prepare the merit list and call the selected candidates for counseling session. To appear for the counseling, candidates need to register themselves online on the official website of DTE, Assam. It is compulsory for the participants to physically report at the counseling venue along with their essential documents for verification. Furthermore, the seat allotment will be done for the candidates on the basis of their choice filling, rank and availability of seats.