Best Flying Schools In India: To be a pilot is a dream for many aspirants in India. The right path and correct education are required to fulfill any dream. Aspirants who wish to make their career in the flying department should have complete information regarding it first. Having an education from one of the top flying schools of India matters a lot. Consequently, the scope and career opportunities in the aviation industry depend on education only. There are many flying schools in India but finding the best one could be difficult. This article will help you in choosing the best and top flying school in India.
To be a successful pilot one should have the correct knowledge, the ability to think, intellect, perform actions quickly, and working odd hours. Therefore, the job of a pilot is not at all easy. Each college/ institute has its own admission criteria; however, the top flying schools conduct an entrance test for admission. One such popular entrance exam is IGRUA which is conducted by the Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademy. This is conducted for admission to CPL (Commercial Pilot License) course.
Best Flying Schools In India
Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi
Established in 1985, IGRUA (Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi) is one of the renowned and famous pilot training institutes in India. It is situated in Fursatganj Airfield, in Amethi (Uttar Pradesh). The Akademi is approved by the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA), Govt. of India through the Governing Council (GC). This institute was established first in India to provide training for the commercial pilot. IGRUA is always the first choice of the students who are looking for a career as a pilot. This institute provides admission to the candidates based on a pilot aptitude test which is conducted by the institute itself. To apply for this, candidates will have to fill the application form of IGRUA. IGRUA provides training to aspiring pilots using TB-20, DA- 40, DA- 42, and Zlin aircraft.
National Flying Training Institute (NFTI)
The institute came into existence in 2007. CAE Gondia is the other name for the institute. The institute has collaborated with the Airport Authority of India (AAI) and CAE. This institute prepares the aspirants to be a pilot by providing them high-quality training. It teaches the students in both theoretical and practical ways. The colleges follow the rules and policies set by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). After successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded a commercial pilot license (CPL) with an Instrument Rating (IR) and Multi-Engine Rating (ME).
Madhya Pradesh Flying Club (MPFC)
MPFC was formed in 1951 and is known for creating flying records. Madhya Pradesh Flying Club has maintained and operated aircraft belonging to the Madhya Pradesh government for over 24 years. It has trained pilots from the Indian Air Force. DGCA has approved this club. This club has educated several private pilots license holders, aeronautical maintenance engineers, and commercial pilots license holders. The club has a fleet of Cessna -172R, multi-engine six-seater aircraft P-68C-TC along with a Baron G58 and Cessna -152/ A for instructing aspiring pilots. MPFC offers a Private Pilot License (PPL), Instrument Ring (IR), Commercial Pilot License (CPL), Multi-Engine Rating to the aspirants.
Ahmedabad Aviation & Aeronautics Ltd. (AAA)
AAA was established in the year 1994 with an aim of training pilots. Ahmedabad Aviation & Aeronautics Ltd. (AAA) has its own hanger at Mehsana Airfield and SV Patel International Airport Ahmedabad and it provides training from there only. The club has a DGCA approved multi-engine aircraft and 4 single-engine for pilot training. It is the only flying institute in Ahmedabad, Gujarat which has a fleet of four single-engine aircraft-Cessna 172/ Cessna 152. Aspirants can apply for any of the Commercial Pilot License (CPL), Private Pilot License (PPL) or Instructor Rating at the flying school.
Bombay Flying Club
Bombay flying club is approved by DGCA and Mumbai University. It was formed in the year 1928. Late Mr. J.R.D.Tata was the founder of this club. He was the first person to receive a pilot license from the Bombay Flying Club in the year 1929. Bombay Flying Club offers training by the fleet of Cessna 152A, Seneca (twin engine) aircraft, Cessna 172, PIPER PA18, and Cessna172R (glass cockpit-like airlines aircraft cockpit)-Single Engine.
This institute offers many flying programs such as B.Sc. in Aeronautics and Aviation. A commercial pilot training program is also offered by this club.
There are other good flying institutes in India too. Check below:
- Gujarat Flying Club, Vadodara
- Bihar Flying Training Institute, Patna
- Delhi Flying Club, Delhi
- Ludhiana Aviation Club, Ludhiana
- Government Flying Training School, Bangalore
- Madras Flying Club (Chennai)
- Patiala Aviation Club, Patiala
- Haryana Institute of Civil Aviation, Karnal
- Haryana Institute of Civil Aviation, Hissar
- Andhra Pradesh Flying School, Hyderabad
- Haryana Institute of Civil Aviation, Pinjore
- Madhya Pradesh Flying Club, Indore
- Madhya Pradesh Flying Club, Bhopal
- Kerala Aviation Training Institute, Thiruvananthapuram
- Rajasthan State Flying School, Jaipur
- Government Aviation Training Institute, Bhubaneswar
- Government Flying Training Centre, Lucknow
- Northern India Flying Club, Jalandhar
- Amritsar Aviation Club, Amritsar
- Jamshedpur Co-Operative Flying Club, Jamshedpur
- Pinjore Aviation Club, Pinjore
- Ajanta Flying Club, Aurangabad
- Orient Flight School, Pondicherry
- Tata Nagar Aviation, Jamshedpur
- Ahmedabad Aviation Academy, Ahmedabad
- Garg Aviation Ltd., Kanpur
- Flytech Aviation Ltd., Hyderabad
- Rajputana Aviation Academy, Kota
- Academy of Carver Aviation Pvt. Ltd., Belgaum
- Tetra Aviation Academy, Salem
- Wind Aviation Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad
- Taneja Aerospace and Aviation Ltd., Bangalore
- Candidates must have passed their 12th level or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- It is important for a student to have a science background stream that includes subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50 % marks in aggregate.
- The maximum age limit for an aspirant is 17 years.
- Aspirants must have 6/6 vision.
- Aspirants have to be physically fit and meet all the medical standards set by the particular institute or state government.
- It is very necessary to have good communication and quick decision-making skills.
|AFCAT Exam||NDA Exam|
Best Flying Schools In India FAQs
Question: What are the licenses required to become a pilot in India?
Ans. Commercial Pilot license, student pilot license, and private pilot license are must.
Question: Which is the top entrance exam conducted for admission to the best flying school in India?
Ans. The top entrance exam is IGRUA (Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Academy) entrance exam which is a national level exam.
Question: What is the course duration of CPL?
Ans. 3 years is the duration of the CPL course.