BHU RET 2023- Banaras Hindu University will soon commence the registration process for BHU RET. The official registration dates for BHU RET will be updated via the official website of BHU i.e. www.bhu.ac.in. Banaras Hindu University(BHU RET) application process will be conducted for the candidates who are seeking admission in Ph.D. and Integrated M.Phil and Ph.D. program. All interested and eligible candidates should obtain the latest updates of BHU RET from the official site i.e. bhuonline.in.
Furthermore, successfully passed candidates will have to undergo the interview phase. Only after the conduction of the interview, the final result of the candidate will be published. Consequently, the final result will show the candidate’s performance in both the written test and interview.
BHU RET 2023 Highlights
|Name of the University||Banaras Hindu University (BHU)|
|Exam Name||BHU Research Entrance Test (RET)|
|Application Process Starting Date||Announced Soon|
|Application Process Ending Date||Announced Soon|
|Date of Exam||Announced Soon|
|Purpose of Exam||Enrolment into Integrated M.Phil and Ph.D. Programs|
BHU RET 2023 Important Dates
|Application form availability||1st week of January 2023|
|Last date of submission of the application form||3rd week of January 2023|
|Admit card issue on||To be announced|
|Examination date||To be announced|
|Announcement of Result||To be announced|
|Commencement of counselling||To be announced|
For entry into Ph.D., Integrated M.Phil. Ph.D., and M.Phil programmes, you need to confirm the basic requirements as given below:
Ph.D. via Research Entrance Test (RET)
- A degree of Vidyavaridhi/ Doctor of Philosophy in various disciplines can apply.
- Those candidates who are waiting for their results of NET are also eligible to apply.
- An individual has to pass the qualifying examination securing a minimum 55% marks.
- A Postgraduate degree in the concerned discipline/ subject or in any one of the allied subjects is required.
For Integrated M.Phil.-Ph.D. Program
If you are willing to get enrolled in M.Phil-Ph.D. Program you need to have obtained:
- BE/ B.Tech or Postgraduate Degree/ MA/ LLB/ LLM.
- One should secure at least 55% aggregate marks equivalent grade point average in the qualifying degree from any Indian University/AIU/AICTE recognized institution.
For Master of Philosophy
- A master’s degree in concerned subject of Humanities/ Social Sciences with a minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying examination.
BHU RET 2023 Application Form
Candidates need to register online for the BHU Research entrance test (RET) 2023 using the official portal of BHU. One can easily obtain the application form via the site of BHU. Register themselves using their active email id, date of birth, father’s name, phone number etc. Once your registration is successful, you can easily login into the website just by providing the email ID and password. After providing these, you can complete the rest of the application form. After that, the application form will ask the basic details like your name, father’s name, gender, address, educational details, test center preference, and so on. You should enter each and every detail with utmost care so that your application form is not rejected.
Post the completion of the above process, you have to upload the scanned copy of your latest passport size photograph and signature in the given size and formats only. After submitting the images, proceed to submit the application fee for the exam. Please note that your application form submission will only be confirmed after the successful payment of the application fee. Moreover, get multiple prints of the duly submitted application form for future purposes.
As per the previous year, the application fee for General and OBC category candidates was Rs. 500/- while for SC/ST category, the fee was Rs. 250/-. It is recommended to visit the official portal of BHU to get the application fee details related t0 BHU RET.
The previous year’s pattern of the exam is given in the section below. However, there might be changes in BHU RET, so it is advised to refer to the official portal to get a detailed view.
- Duration of the Exam- 120 mins
- Total marks- 100 marks
- Total no. of questions- 100 multiple choice questions
- Marking Scheme- There shall be negative marking in RET 2023, +1 marks are allotted for every right response.
- Whereas, zero marks are applicable for unattempted questions.
Reservation of Seats
BHU Admission 2023: UET & PET Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility
Result and Counseling
- Candidates will get the result of examination only through the official web portal of the University.
- The result of the exam will only be announced on the given dates. Candidates can check the dates via the notifications on the main website of BHU.
- The authorities of BHU will prepare a separate merit list for the participants based on their performance in the exam.
- The shortlisted candidates will have to attend the counselling where the higher authorities will verify their original documents.
- Only after successful verification, candidates can proceed towards the rest of the process.
- A final merit list will be published at last based on the overall performance of the candidates.
- Based on the final merit order, candidates will be granted admission to the desired course.
- In order to finish the remaining formalities such as admission fee payment, submission of original documents, etc. candidates have to report the university premises.
4 thoughts on “BHU RET 2023 Application Form, Exam Date, BHU Ph.D Admission”
Sir I wish to do PhD in biotechnology from esteemed BHU Varanasi. May I please know the procedure for applying/admission for and also please let me know the syllabus of ret and exam dates
1. which documents are must needed for a UGC NET JRF qualified aspirant to take admission in phd music??? 2.when 2023 phd admission
Sir I wish to do PhD in Agricultural Extension from esteemed BHU Varanasi. May I please know the procedure for applying/admission for RET EXEMPTED CATEGORY. Iam currently working as ACTO in ICAR KVK KASARAGOD.
Sir..may I know the procedure of application/admission for RET EXEMPTED CATEGORY please