The Union public service commission (UPSC) is the authority that is responsible for conducting the CDS (Combined Defense Services) exam. The frequency of this exam is twice a year. This national-level entrance examination is conducted for recruiting candidates in defense services. Candidates who are interested to join in the Indian Military Academy, Air force academy, Indian Naval Academy, and officers training Academy can apply for CDS online. Every year a large no. of applicants apply for this examination. The competition is very tough so candidates will have to study very hard to secure a seat at CDS. Applicants can check the complete details regarding CDS 2023 in this post.
UPSC CDS Dates have been released. CDS Exam-1st Application process will be started on 21st December 2022.
|UPSC Exam Calendar 2023 Released!!||Check Here|
CDS 2023 Dates
|Notification release date||21 December 2022|
|Online registration begins||21 December 2022|
|Last date to apply||10 January 2023|
|Admit card availability||January 2023|
|Exam date||16 April 2023|
|Result declaration||May 2023|
|Notification release date||17 May 2023|
|Online registration begins||17 May 2023|
|Last date to apply||06 June 2023|
|Admit card availability||August 2023|
|Exam date||03 September 2023|
|Result declaration||November 2023|
|Nationality||The candidate must be a citizen of India/Nepal/Bhutan or a Tibetan who came to India before 1st January 1962.|
|Age limit and marital status||
|Physical/mental standards||The candidate must be physically and mentally fit in order to apply for CDS.|
CDS 2023 Application form
Applicants need to follow some steps to fill the Application form. The steps are given below:
- Go to the official website of UPSC – www.upsc.gov.in.
- To register, click on the Part 1 link.
- Now, enter personal and academic details in the form.
- Choose your preferred branch.
- Upload the necessary documents required in the application form along with the passport size photograph and signature.
- Check the details before submitting.
- After submitting, the registration id will be generated.
- Now, log in with your registration id and fill in the details of part 2.
- Lastly, pay the application fee via credit/debit card or net banking (The application fee for general and OBC categories is INR 200/- and SC/ST and female candidates are exempted from paying the fee).
- Do not forget to take a printout of the application form.
- Candidates who opt for the Officer’s Training Academy for recruitment tests will get query paper for English and General Knowledge for maximum marks of 200.
- There will be offline mode of the exam which is basically pen and paper based test.
- The candidates aiming to enroll in Indian Navy, Indian Military, Indian Air Force should be aware that they need to prepare for subjects such as English, Elementary Mathematics, and General Knowledge.
- The authority will allot a total of two hours to the candidates for each subject and a maximum of 100 marks will be granted for each subject.
- The question papers of Mathematics and General Knowledge will appear in bilingual language in Hindi and English.
- A negative marking of 1/3rd marks for every wrong answer will be there in the exam.
For IMA, INA, and Air Force Academy
|Subject||Exam Duration||Maximum Marks|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Elementary mathematics||2 hours||100|
For Officers’ Training Academy
|Subject||Exam duration||Maximum marks|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|General knowledge||Current Events, Scientific Aspects, History of India, Geography, Sports, etc.|
|English||Paragraph, jumbled sentences, Error spotting, antonyms, synonyms, active voice passive voice, etc.|
|Elementary Mathematics||Number Theory, Series, Trigonometry, Statistics, Algebra, Geometry, etc.|
CDS 2023 Selection Process
Candidates are required to qualify for the CDS written examination. After qualifying, it is equally important to clear the SSB interview and medical test. The candidate’s selection will be done on the basis of his/her performance throughout the exam.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the official site to apply for CDS?
Ans. To apply for CDS, candidates need to visit the official site i.e. www.upsc.gov.in.
Question: What are the stages of the CDS selection procedure?
Ans. Candidates need to qualify for the written examination, SSB Interview, and medical test.
Question: What is the application fee for OBC candidates to apply for CDS?
Ans. OBC category candidates need to pay Rs. 200 as their application charges.
Question: What is the exam date of CDS Part 1?
Ans. CDS Part 1 exam is likely to be conducted in February 2023.