CENTAC commonly known as Central Admission Committee is an admission procedure that is organized by the government of Puducherry every year. The main aim is to offer admission to eligible applicants in various UG and PG courses offered by different institutions. The candidates will be enrolled in private & government colleges in Puducherry and other States/ Union Territories. However, CENTAC doesn’t conduct any entrance exam; the authorities create a merit list based on the 10+2 results of the candidates. Candidates will be admitted to desired colleges based on their class 12th results. Interested candidates who are looking out for the CENTAC 2023 details such as important dates, eligibility criteria, the application process, results, counseling, etc. are told to read the given information very carefully.
CENTAC 2023 Highlights
|Name of the admission process||CENTAC|
|Full form||Central Admission Committee|
|Organizing department||Government of Puducherry|
|Mode of the Application||Online|
|Offered courses||Engineering and Other Courses|
|Category of exam||Undergraduate|
|Level of Exam||Central level|
CENTAC 2023 Important Dates
|Online application form release||May 2023|
|Last date to apply online||June 2023|
|Last date to pay the application fee||June 2023|
|Merit list release date||July 2023|
|Seat allotment process||July 2023|
|Counseling session commencement||August 2023|
- Nationality: The applier candidate must be an Indian citizen only.
- Lower Age limit: The age of the applicants should be more than 17 years of age at the time of admission only.
- Upper Age Limit: The candidate must not be more than 21 years of age at admission time.
- Domicile: All the applicants must hold a valid domicile certificate of the UT of Puducherry.
- Educational Qualification: Those applicants who have completed 12th education from the Tamil Nadu board or from a known university are also eligible to apply.
- Stream: It is mandatory to pass HSC exams from Science Stream.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates need to acquire at least 50% marks (40% marks for the OBC/ BT/ SC/ BCM/ MBC/ EBC category applicant) in the qualifying exam to be eligible.
- Appearing applicants: Applicants who are appearing in the final exam of Class 12th are also eligible to get admission in the same.
- Relaxation: Reserved category applicants will get 3 years of relaxation in the upper age limit.
CENTAC 2023 Application Form
- Applier candidates have to open the official web page of the university in order to acquire the Application Form.
- Those candidates who are applying online must read all the details mentioned in the information brochure and should also fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- To begin the application process, firstly, applicants have to complete the first step i.e. registration. It is done by providing details like phone number, email id, etc.
- The applicants can obtain the application form in the month of May 2023 via the official website.
- Fill in all the info in the application form as per requirements. Once the filling process is done, candidates will have to upload scanned copies of the photographs and signatures.
- In case the applicant is applying for the LLB course, then they are required to fill out a separate application form for that.
- At last, after the completion of the application form filling, candidates have to send the duly filled application form to the official conducting authority by speed post.
- They need to send the application form along with all required documents to the below-mentioned address:
CENTAC office, PEC Campus, Pillaichavady,
Puducherry – 605014
|One course||General category||INR 500/-|
|One course||Reserved category||INR 250/-|
|Two courses||General category||INR 750/-|
|Two courses||Reserved category||INR 350/-|
|Three courses||General category||INR 1000/-|
|Three courses||Reserved category||INR 500/-|
Note: Candidates will be able to make the application fee payment via credit card/ debit card/ internet banking.
CENTAC 2023 Results
The official authorities will upload the results on the official website in online mode. Registered applicants need to log in to the official website in order to check the Results. The official admission managing authority will prepare the results on the basis of the performance of the applicants in the past qualifying exams.
Based on the same results, the official authorities will prepare a merit list. Those students who have secured higher marks in the past qualifying exam will be able to get admission to the respective institution.
CENTAC 2023 Merit List
Qualified candidates will view their names in the merit list. The official authority of CENTAC will prepare and release the merit list for shortlisted candidates on their official website. Those candidates, who will have their names in the merit list, can get admission to the preferred college/ university. However, they will only be able to get admission if they have secured a good rank in past/ previous qualifying exams. The merit list will be displayed on their official website via online mode only. The merit process will be followed by the counseling process where qualified candidates have to produce their relevant documents/ certificates for the verification process. Check the list of documents below:
- Certificate of Permanent Residence
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Class 10th mark sheet (for proof of DOB)
- Attested copies of Class 12th mark sheet
- Category/Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Call letter for CENTAC
- A print copy of the CENTAC application form