National Testing Agency (NTA) regulates and conducts CUET (Central Universities Entrance Test) for the eligible aspirants. The official authority releases the notification on its official website i.e. cucet.nta.nic.in. Candidates who complete the CUET Registration Process 2023 will have to appear in the entrance test. If the candidates qualify for the entrance examination will be eligible to enroll in prestigious central universities/ institutions. Eligible aspirants may register at cucet.nta.nic.in and then pay the CUET 2023 Application Fees to take the entrance exam.
The Common Entrance Test for Central Universities (CUET) is going to be held in 154 test centers around the nation. Delhi University (DU) has made the Central Universities Entrance Test mandatory this year. Candidates passing CUET will be eligible to take admission in UG and PG courses at reputed Indian Universities/ Institutions. Aspirants must be aware that all CUET participating universities will provide admission only on the basis of CUET scores. 10+2 marks will not be taken into consideration for admission.
CUET 2023 Highlights
|Exam Conducting Board||National Testing Agency|
|Exam Name||Common University Entrance Test (CUET)|
|Frequency of exam||Annually|
|Admission into||Central, state, and deemed universities|
CUET 2023 Important Dates
|Events||CUCET 2023 (Expected Dates)|
|Application form Start||1st week of April 2023|
|Last Date for Application||4th week of April 2023|
|Last date for the online fee||4th week of April 2023|
|Admit card||2nd week of June 2023|
|Exam Dates for UG and PG||1st week of July 2023|
|answer key 2022||July 2023|
|Objections Date||July 2023|
|Final answer key||July 2023|
|Counselling||2nd week of August 2023|
- For CUET, no age limit has been fixed. Candidates can apply for this at any age.
- To apply for the entrance exam, candidates should have passed 12th with 45% marks by any of the recognized boards. An individual must check the official notification before applying online.
- For the PG course, candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in the concerned discipline. However, they must obtain a minimum of 50% marks in their graduation.
CUET 2023 Application Form
To register for the Central Universities Common Entrance Test, the aspirants must follow the steps laid down below:
- Firstly go to the official website of CUET i.e. www. cuet.ac.in. Fill out the complete application form with all your details on the official website.
- Tap on the ‘Apply Online’ button to begin the application process.
- There will be three options for programs after clicking UG, PG, and RP. Choose the desired options you want to apply for.
- Finish the registration process by entering information such as the choice of program, your name, a valid email address, phone number, date of birth, and other information.
- After entering all the information, the application number and password will be generated and sent to the email address and mobile number provided.
- Now, log in with your application number and password to complete the rest of the application by providing login information, such as your name, educational qualifications, and communication details.
- Upload your requisite passport size photo or signature according to the specified dimensions.
- Choose the examination center at your convenience.
- Submit the application form and pay the registration fee of Rs 5000 via modes such as Credit / Debit Card / Net banking or Demand Draft.
- Keep a print copy of the submitted application form and fee receipt safe and secure for further use.
Pattern of Exam
- The exam will be commenced in the online mode
- There will be 4 sections in the paper – Section IA, IB, Section II, and III.
- The Paper will consist of Multiple Choice Questions
- The exam time duration will be 3 hours 15 minutes for Slot I and 3 hours 45 minutes for Slot II to complete the paper.
|Number of Questions||Section 1: Languages (40 Questions to be attempted out of 50 Questions)
Section 2: Domain-Specific (40 Questions to be attempted out of 50 Questions)
Section 3: General Test (60 Questions to be attempted out of 75 Questions)
|Number of Sections||3 Sections (Language, Domain-Specific, General Test)|
|Exam Language||The exam will be conducted in 13 languages.|
|Section||Subjects||No. of Ques.||Ques. to be Attempt||Duration|
|Section IA||13 Languages||50||40||45 minutes|
|Section IB||19 Languages|
|Section II||27 Domain-specific Subjects||50||40||45 minutes|
|Section III||General Test||75||60||60 minutes|
CUCET 2023 will be held in 154 locations across the nation. Candidates need to choose their preferred exam centers when completing the CUET Registration Form 2023. The examination will take place in the following states:
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Himachal Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh
CUET 2023 Counseling
Each participating university will begin its counselling session soon after the release of the CUET Result 2023. The appeared candidates will have to visit the official website of the CUET participating universities regularly to appear in the counselling process as they are required to do the registration for counseling session. They will have to choose the desired programs within a limited period of time. While participating in the counselling, candidates also have to produce their required mandatory documents along with the verification process. On the basis of the choices filled by the candidates, the admission list will be released for the seat allotment after CUET Counselling.
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy) (OBC)||27%|
|Persons with Disability (PWD)||5%|