DASA 2024: DASA is a short form for Direct Admission of Student Abroad. This is a national level admission procedure directed every year by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India for providing admissions to the candidates in several UG and PG courses. Through DASA Foreign Nationals, PIO, NRI are eligible to get admission in Undergraduate and Postgraduate level courses offered in the reputed universities worldwide. However, candidates should note that admission in UG, PG Programs are provided on the basis of JEE Main, GMAT and GRE scores. Those candidates who will be shortlisted for the admission will get seats in the SPAs, NITs, IIEST, IIITs, Central Universities and Other Centrally Funded & Prestigious Technical Institutions/ Colleges of India.
The application mode for DASA 2024 will be regulated via online mode i.e. aspirants seeking for DASA 2024 will have to visit the official website of DASA to get the application form. We suggest the candidates to go through this page completely to get more information about DASA 2024 such as Tentative Dates, Eligibility Requirements, Process to Apply, Application Fee, Merit List Release, Procedure for Selection and So on.
DASA 2024 Highlights
|Admission Process Name||DASA 2024|
|Full form||Direct Admission of Student Abroad|
|Conducting body||Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India|
|Level of admission||National level|
|Admissions to||Undergraduate and Postgraduate course|
DASA 2024 Important Dates
For UG Course:
|Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Application form opens from||2nd week of April 2024|
|Last date to fill the form||2nd week of June 2024|
|Deadline for receipt of subject test scores||2nd week of June 2024|
|Seat allotment 1st round||4th week of June 2024|
|1st round confirmation||4th week of June 2024|
|Seat allotment 2nd round||4th week of June 2024|
|2nd round seat confirmation||1st week of July 2024|
|3rd round seat allotment||2nd week of July 2024|
|3rd round seat confirmation||2nd week of July 2024|
|Choice filling and new registration||2nd week of July 2024|
|Seat allotment 4th round||3rd week of July 2024|
|4th round confirmation||3rd week of July 2024|
|Reporting to allotted institute||4th week of July 2024|
|New candidates registration and choice filling of spot round||1st week of August 2024|
|Spot round vacant seats & spot round allotment||1st week of August 2024|
|Reporting at the allotted institute||2nd week of August 2024|
For PG Course:
|Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Application form release date||3rd week of April 2024|
|Last date to fill the application form||3rd week of June 2024|
|1st and 2nd round last date for receipt (GRE/ GMAT score)||4th week of June 2024|
|Seat allotment 1st round||1st week of July 2024|
|1st round seat confirmation||2nd week of July 2024|
|Seat allotment 2nd round||2nd week of July 2024|
|2nd round confirmation||2nd week of July 2024|
|Reporting at the allotted institute||3rd week of July 2024|
DASA 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Detailed eligibility criteria for DASA 2024 is given in the below section:
- Nationality: OCIs, PIOs or Foreign Nationals category candidates are eligible to take part in DASA 2024.
- Educational Qualification: An undergraduate degree in Engineering/ Technology in concerned discipline or its equivalent is required to be eligible.
- Educational Qualification for MBA: A bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education is needed.
- Subjects: Mandatory subjects are Mathematics & Physics subject & any one from Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Science or Biology.
- Percentage: It is crucial to acquire a minimum of 60% Marks or 50 CGPA in the qualifying examination.
- Age Criteria: The officials of DASA has set no age criteria.
- Appearing: Students appearing in their final year exam can apply for DASA 2024 too.
DASA 2024 Application Form
Collect the application form through online mode at the authorized web portal of DASA. Follow the application procedure given below in order to fill the DASA Application form 2024:
- Go to the the official website of DASA- www.dasanit.org.
- After visiting the site, enter necessary details in the application form that includes applicant’s name, father’s name, valid phone no., correspondence address, permanent address, email id, date of birth, etc.
- The details provided by the candidate should be authentic as any false information of the candidates may lead to form rejection.
- The application form needs certain documents and certificates, then candidates have to upload it as per the prescriptions in the form.
- In addition to that, candidates have to keep the printouts of the duly filed application form for other uses.
Payment of the application fee can be made through online mode that includes E- payment gateways/ SWIFT transfer
|Categories||UG course||PG course|
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender||INR 375/-||INR 550/-|
|All other category||INR 750/-||INR 1100/-|
The official authorities of DASA will prepare the merit list via online mode. For all the undergraduate course, they will prepare the merit list on the basis of the total scores only.
While for PG courses, the merit list is designed on the basis of total scores in GMAT/ GRE only. For UG Engineering admission, merit list will be decided on the premises of JEE Main scores. Candidates who have scored in GMAT/ GRE by MNNIT Allahabad will be considered valid for the merit list and counseling process.