DU LLB 2024: Faculty of Law, University of Delhi conducts an entrance test for the DU LLB program. It is a University level examination for those aspirants who seek admission to the law program. The duration of the LLB course at Delhi University is 3 years. NTA (National Testing Agency) is going to conduct the entire entrance exam. The candidates will be asked 100 questions that need to be solved in 120 minutes. Although the exam will be commenced by NTA, the whole admission process will be regulated by the officials of the University of Delhi.
In order to appear for the entrance examination, candidates are required to apply online for the same through the official website of Delhi University. They will be able to choose the exam center while applying for the exam online. Once the exam center is allotted, it is not possible for the candidates to change the exam center. It must be noted that the exam will take place in various cities across India. It is very necessary to get complete information about what you are applying for.
DU LLB 2024 Highlights
|Name of the exam||DU LLB Entrance Exam|
|Exam conducting body||National Testing Agency on behalf of the University of Delhi|
|Official website of DU LLB||www.lawfaculty.du.ac.in|
|Entrance exam mode||Computer-based mode- Online|
|Courses offered||LLB (3 year)|
|DU LLB total seats||Available Soon|
DU LLB 2024 Important Dates
|Main Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Starting of the application form submission||3rd week of May 2024|
|Last date to submit an application form||1st week of June 2024|
|Releasing of admit cards||2nd week of June 2024|
|Date of examination||3rd week of June 2024|
|Declaration of result||1st week of July 2024|
It is necessary for the applicants to first confirm that they meet these eligibility requirements before appearing for DU LLB Entrance Exam 2024:
- Any candidate who possesses a graduate or postgraduate degree from a recognized university can apply for DU LLB.
- If candidates are appearing in the final year of their qualifying degree examination, then they can apply too.
- EWS and Unreserved Category candidates should mandatorily obtain 50% marks in the qualifying degree examination whereas candidates belonging to CW/ OBC/ PwD/ SC/ ST Category must achieve 45% and 40% marks respectively.
- If the applicant has already passed an LLB course from any university/ institution will not be eligible to apply for the entrance test.
DU LLB 2024 Application Form
After satisfying the above-listed eligibility requirements, interested candidates need to go through the instructions below in order to fill up the Application Form:
- To start the application process, first of all, register yourself in online mode through the official website of the National Testing Agency.
- After the completion of the registration process, aspirants will have to fill in the remaining details in the application form.
- One must assure that all the filled details are authentic only because the university will verify documents after that.
- For the next step, aspirants should attach scanned images of their photograph and signature in the mentioned formats.
- Apart from the photograph and signature, candidates should also upload the scanned copies of the documents including the class 10th certificate (Self Attested), caste certificate (self-attested, if applicable), and one photo id proof.
- After submitting the form, pay the mandatory application fee without which the form remains incomplete.
- Students are also recommended to take a printout of the duly filled form and fee receipt for future references.
The application charges for different categories are given below:
- SC/ ST/ PWD candidates: Rs. 250/-
- All other candidates: Rs. 500/-
Use facilities such as credit cards, debit card or internet banking for the payment of the fee.
- Mode of Examination: Online (Computer-based exam)
- Type of Questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of Questions: 100
- Language of Questions: English language only
- Duration of Exam: 120 minutes
- Marking Pattern: Each query carries 4 marks and 1 mark gets subtracted for every incorrect answer.
- Maximum Marks: 400 marks
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English Language Comprehension||15 – 20||60 – 80|
|Analytical Ability||20 – 25||80 – 100|
|Legal Awareness & Aptitude||20 -25||80 -100|
|General Knowledge||25 -30||100 – 120|
|Total||100 Questions||400 marks|
DU LLB 2024 Results
The results for exam will be announced within a few weeks of the entrance exam conduction. The results are going to be published for all candidates who have taken the exam. The scores of the Entrance test would be used to choose the participants for the further counselling and seat allotment process.
Candidates will receive a call to participate in the counseling as per their merit. The counseling procedure will start shortly after the announcement of the results. This process will be regulated according to the rank of the category. Aspirants must confirm to bring all the essential documents along with them at the time of counseling such as 8 passport-sized photos, category certificate, character certificate, age certificate, graduation passing certificate, admit card, and mark sheet of graduation.