The application forms for FMGE 2023 will be released from the 2nd week of April 2023 through online mode. FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduate Examination) is a national-level entrance exam that is conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) every year twice. Candidates desiring of getting provisional or permanent registration with the Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council of India can apply for FMGE. It is the only examination that is a gateway for registering with Medical Councils in India. This article will provide you with complete information regarding the FMGE Examination 2023.
FMGE 2023 Highlights
|Exam Name||FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduate Examination) 2023|
|Conducting body||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Exam Type||Entrance exam|
|Level of the Exam||National Level|
|Frequency of exam||Twice a year|
|Exam mode||Online (CBT Mode)|
FMGE 2023 Important Dates
|Application process starts||April 2023|
|Last date to apply||May 2023|
|Admit card download date||May 2023|
|Entrance exam date||June 2023|
|Result declaration||July 2023|
|Application process starts||October 2023|
|Last date to apply||October 2023|
|Admit card download date||December 2023|
|Entrance exam date||December 2023|
|Result declaration||January 2023|
- Nationality: Only citizens of India are eligible to appear for FMGE 2023. Educational Qualification: Applicants must have qualified Primary medical qualifications confirmed by the Indian Embassy.
- Appearing: Candidates who are appearing in the final examination need to produce the proof of declaration of result on or before the prescribed date.
- Other Qualification: Candidates with permanent registration in India with an Undergraduate or Postgraduate medical degree from the United States of America/ United Kingdom/ New Zealand/ Australia/ Canada shall not have to qualify for the exam.
FMGE 2023 Application Form
- Applicants can obtain the form through the official website of the National Board of Examinations- www.natboard.edu.in.
- Read all the instructions thoroughly before applying for FMGE 2023.
- After this fill in your accurate details in the registration form. The details will include the candidate’s basic details, personal details, educational details, communicational details, contact details, etc. Also, upload the requisite certificates and documents in the application form.
- Candidates will also be provided the correction facility to rectify the mistakes later.
- Candidates will have to pay the required application fees through credit card, debit card, or other available payment gateways.
- If required, take out at least 4 to 5 printouts of the application form for further use.
|For all the candidates||Rs. 5500 +990/-(GST @18%)|
- Examination Mode: The FMGE examination mode will be online (Computer Based Test).
- Duration of Exam: 150 minutes will be given for every shift.
- Type of Questions: There will be Objective Based Questions in FMGE 2023.
- Total Questions: Total 300 questions (150 questions per shift).
- Negative Marking: Not Applicable in FMGE exam and 1 mark will be allotted for every right answer.
- Medium: English language only.
Pre and Para Clinical Subjects:
|1. Medicine and allied subjects||33|
|Dermatology and STD||05|
|2. General surgery and allied subject|
|6. Obstetrics and gynecology||30|
|7. Community medicine||30|
FMGE 2023 Result
Candidates who appear in the entrance examination will be declared passed or fail on the basis of their performance in the entrance examination. Appeared candidates need to score at least 150 marks out of 300 to be termed as qualified candidates of the examination.
Within the 3-4 weeks from the completion of the examination, the authorities will announce the result for FMGE 2023. Candidates will be able to download the result on their dashboard by entering their User Id and Password.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Question)
Question: When will the FMGE Registration start in 2023?
Ans. The online registration for FMGE will start in the month of April 2023.
Question: What is the official website to apply for FMGE 2023?
Ans. The official website to apply for FMGE is www.natboard.edu.in.
Question: Which authority conducts FMGE?
Ans. The National Board of examinations (NBE) is the regulating authority for FMGE.
Question: What is the full form of FMGE?
Ans. It is the acronym for Foreign Medical Graduate Examination.
Question: What will be the mode for FMGE 2023?
Ans. FMGE will be held in two shifts in online (Computer Based Test) mode.