FMGE 2024: FMGE is a short word for Foreign Medical Graduate Examination which is basically a national level entrance exam organized each year by the National Board of Examinations (NBE). This examination is held twice a year for applicants who are seeking provisional or permanent registration with Medical Council of India (MCI) or any State Medical Council of India. Every year, the exam is organized two times a year i.e. in June and December month. The application form for FMGE 2024 will be released soon via the official website of National Board of Examinations. Those candidates who successfully apply online for the examination within the due date will be eligible to participate in the entrance examination. For June session, the application form is expected to be released within the month of April 2024, while for December session, the application forms will likely be released within October 2024.
FMGE 2024 Overview
|Exam Name||FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduate Examination) 2024|
|Conducting body||National board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Exam Type||Graduate entrance exam|
|Level of the Exam||National level|
|Frequency of exam||Twice a year|
|Exam mode||Online (CBT Mode)|
FMGE 2024 Important Dates
|Application process starts||April 2024|
|Last date to apply||May 2024|
|Admit card download date||May 2024|
|Entrance exam date||June 2024|
|Result declaration||July 2024|
|Application process starts||October 2024|
|Last date to apply||October 2024|
|Admit card download date||December 2024|
|Entrance exam date||December 2024|
|Result declaration||January 2024|
FMGE 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Satisfy these eligibility criteria for FMGE 2024, before filling up its application form:
- Only a citizen of India as well as an overseas citizen of India will be eligible to apply for FMGE 2024 Exam.
- Individuals must hold a primary medical qualification approved by the concerned Indian embassy, recognized qualification from the medical practitioner in the country.
- It is obligatory for the applicants to possess the documentary evidence having passed the final examination for primary medical qualifications within the due date.
- Applicants must submit the Primary Medical Qualification on or prior the date of application deadline.
- Candidates having provisional registration need not to qualify for the screening test they possess under graduation medical tests from countries such as United States of America, United Kingdom, Canada and New Zealand will be considered for entry as a medical practitioner in India.
FMGE 2024 Application Form
- Application form for FMGE 2024 can only be filled through online mode i.e. by accessing the official website of the examination i.e. natboard.edu.in.
- FMGE 2024 Registration Form will only be applicable for eligible applicants.
- The registration process for June session will likely be held from the month of April 2024.
- For December session, the registration process will be opened from the month of December 2024.
- Applicants must submit their application form by filling all the correct details only though alteration facility will be provided to the applicants later on.
- Applicants will be able to correct their mistake within the alteration period however details like applicant’s name, email ID, nationality and exam city will remain non-editable.
- Official authority doesn’t offer any extension on the last date of submission, so applicants must confirm their submission of the application form before the specific date.
- Applicants must get a few copies of accurately filled application form and fee receipt for future references.
- The Application form fee submission modes will be credit card, debit card or other available payment gateways.
- Once the application fee is submitted, no candidate will be able to apply for refund or withdrawn in any case.
- The Application fee for every candidate is INR 6000 +1080/- including GST @18%.
- Examination Mode: The mode of FMGE examination will be online only (Computer Based Test).
- Duration of Exam: A duration of total 150 minutes will be allocated for every shift.
- Type of Questions: FMGE 2024 Exam will only consists of objective based questions.
- Total Questions: There will be a total number of 300 questions (150 questions per shift).
- Shifts: The test will be organized in two shifts i.e. 9:00 to 11:30 am for first shift & 2:00 to 4:30 pm for second shift.
- Negative Marking- No provision of negative marks is applicable in FMGE exam. Apparently, +1 mark will be allotted for every right answer.
- Medium: English language.
Pattern for Pre and Para Clinical Subjects:
Pattern for Clinical Subjects:
|1.Medicine and allied subjects||33|
|Dermatology and STD||05|
|2. General surgery and allied subject|
|6. Obstetrics and gynecology||30|
|7. Community medicine||30|
An individual candidate will be considered passed or fail only on the basis of his/ her performance in the entrance examination. Applicants need to acquire a minimum score of 150 marks out of 300 to be declared as qualified candidates of the examination.
The result of the examination will be released online after three to four weeks from the completion of examination. The result for every participant in the said examination will be made available at applicant’s dashboard. Applicants can access their result by entering their registration or user id and password.
FMGE Provisional Registration
Those candidates who are declared qualified for the examination will have to do their provisional registration to the secretary of the medical council of India, New Delhi, or any other state of India. Candidates need to apply for permanent or provisional registration, as it is obligatory. One needs to assure paying the required registration fees in favor of the medical council of India (MCI). Those who get the minimum cut-off marks can seek a one-year internship. After the completion of internship, they will be registered under the MCI.