GAT- B 2024: Application forms for the GAT-B entrance exam 2024 will be released soon via online mode. The students who seek admission in master’s in biotechnology from reputed universities and colleges across India must visit the website and apply for the same before the last date. GAT- B is a Graduate Aptitude Test for Biotechnology through which students will get admission to one of the 34 universities that organize these exams by National Testing Agency (NTA). Students from all over India apply for admission in these universities, however since the seats are limited, the students are required to prepare hard for the test.
GAT-B 2024 will be organized on a national level through NTA and the application form for the same releases through the official website which is www.rcb.res.in. The GAT-B 2024 exam is expected to be held in the fourth week of April 2024. Graduate Aptitude Test-Biotechnology 2024 exam is organized for admission in several DBT-supported Post graduate programs in Biotechnology and allied areas. Eligible candidates should apply for the exam at rcb.res.in within the allotted period of time. Besides this, appliers are advised to have full knowledge about GAT- B 2024 prior to filling out its application form. Get complete information such as GAT- B 2024 Exam Dates, Eligibility Requirements, Application Form, Application Fee, Exam Pattern, Results, Etc. from this page.
GAT- B 2024 Overview
|Exam Name||Graduate Aptitude Test for Biotechnology 2024|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
GAT- B 2024 Important Dates
|Online Registration of GAT-B||Second week of March 2024|
|Last date to register||Last week of March 2024|
|Application correction||Second week of April 2024|
|Issue of GAT-B Admit Card 2024||Third week of April 2024|
|Exam date||Fourth week of April 2024|
|Release of Answer Key and Question Paper||First week of May 2024|
|Declaration of Scores/ Selection list/ Rank of candidates||First week of June 2024|
GAT- B 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Programme wise eligibility criteria for the reference of candidates is given below:
To be eligible for admission to M.Sc programmes, appliers sought to have passed their graduation in 10+2+3 pattern in the respective field with at least 60% marks in aggregate (General, EWS & OBC category) and 55% marks in aggregate (SC,ST & PwD) from a recognized university.
To satisfy the minimum GAT-B 2024 eligibility criteria for M.Tech programmes, candidates need to possess a B.Tech/ BE degree in the respective stream with at least 60% marks in aggregate (General, EWS & OBC category) and 55% marks in aggregate (SC,ST & PwD) by the participating university.
M.VSc Animal Biotechnology
According to the eligibility criteria of GAT-B for M.VSc. Animal Biotechnology programme, candidates should possess a degree of B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree or a equivalent degree from a recognized university along with minimum CGPA of 60% marks. Candidates belonging to reserved categories (SC/ ST) should have attained at least 50% marks.
GAT- B 2024 Application Form
The step by step guideline to fill up application form for GAT-B is mentioned hereby:
- Visit the official website of the exam which is rcb.res.in
- Complete the registration by registering yourself with your name, email Id, and a valid mobile number (for communication purpose).
- After that, your registration Id will be generated
- Login with your registration credentials generated before and start filling out the application form with all your correct information as asked in the application form.
- Upload the scanned images of your passport size photograph and a scanned copy of your signature.
- Also upload other necessary documents that have been asked in the application form in the prescribed dimensions.
- Submit the application fee with the help of debit/credit card or net banking.
- Submit the application form and get some photocopies of the application form for further use.
Students participating in the entrance exam needs to pay a specific amount of application fee while filling out the application form for Gat-B. The particulars for the same are as follows:
- General category students should pay the application fee of INR 1200/-
- Reserved category students like SC/ ST/ OBC and differently-abled students must pay INR 600/- only.
GAT-B is considered as one of the toughest entrance exams in the field of Biotechnology. Students from all over India participate in this exam to get admission in the reputed universities which makes this test highly competitive. The student applying for this exam must have a clear understanding of the exam pattern so that they can prepare well for the same.
- The total duration allotted for this exam is 3 hours.
- The exam is online-based which means it will be held through computer based method.
- There will be 2 sections in the test and both the sections comprises of 60 questions which are mandatory to attempt.
- Queries will be given in the form of MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions).
- Negative markings are also applicable in the exam. For section A: 1 mark for every correct answer and cancellation of ½ mark for every wrong answer. For section B: 3 marks will be granted for every right answer and 1 mark will be subtracted for each wrong answer.
The GAT-B 2024 result will be declared tentatively by NTA in the first week of June. Candidates who appeared in the entrance examination will obtain their GAT-B 2024 outcome along with their rank cards by visiting the official website of NTA. They can simply enter their login credentials to get the outcome. The merit list of GAT-B 2024 possess the rank acquired by participants which is decided on the basis of their performances in the entrance examination. The participating universities will then release the waiting list after the results announcement.