Every year, Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) organizes various competitive exams to recruit eligible candidates for Group A and Group B posts in the state of Gujarat. The officials are going to release the notification for upcoming exams. Check here All the important dates, eligibility criteria, application form, examination pattern, selection criteria regarding GPSC.
The recruitment is done for various posts and the GPSC is organized every year for the posts mentioned below:
- Gujarat Administrative Service, Class – I
- Legal Assistant Class- III
- Gujarat Civil Service, Class – I and Class – II.
- Gujarat Engineering Services (Civil) Class – I and Class – II
- Reporter (Hindi, Gujarati, English) Class – II
- Gujarat Legislative Secretariate.
- Private Secretary (English and Gujarati Stenographer Grade – I) Class – II
- Range Forest Officer Class – II
- Deputy Section Officer
- Deputy Commercial Tax Inspector Class – III
- Translator Class – III
- Information Department
- Research Assistant Class – III
- Office of Director of Language
- Translator Class – III
- Gujarat Legislative Secretariat, etc.
GPSC 2023 Highlights
|Organizing department||Gujarat Public Service Commission|
|Mode of the exam||Offline|
|Notification release date||November|
|Medium of Exam||Gujarati and English|
|Stages of Exam||Prelims, Mains and Interview|
GPSC 2023 Important Dates
|Official Notification release||November 2022|
|GPSC online application form release||November 2022|
|Last date to apply online||December 2022|
|GPSC Prelims on||March 2023|
|GPSC Prelims revised date||May 2023|
|GPSC Mains exam date||To be updated|
|Announcement of results||To be updated|
GPSC SO 2023 Important Dates
|Official Notification release||May 2023|
|Online application form release||May 2023|
|Last date to apply online||June 2023|
|Last date to submit online documents||June 2023|
- Candidates must fulfill the below-provided eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for GPSC recruitment 2023.
- To apply for the post of State Tax Inspector, candidates must have completed an undergraduate degree in any relevant field from a recognized university/ institute. He/ she must also have basic computer application knowledge. The age of the applicant must be 20 years at the time of recruitment.
GPSC 2023 Application Form
Candidates must confirm their eligibility first and then follow the steps to apply for the Recruitment. It must be noted that the complete application process has to be completed via online means only.
- In the first step, open the official website of GPSC- www.gpscgujarat.gov.in.
- Secondly, click on advertisements.
- Before starting the application process, read all the given instructions properly.
- Then proceed to apply for the recruitment.
- Fill the application form with all the correct and authentic details.
- Pay the requisite application fee and tap on submit to complete the application process.
- Keep a print copy of the application form safe for the further recruitment process.
GPSC examination pattern is very much similar to the UPSC Civil Services examination pattern. The exam consists of three stages:
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
- Personal Interview
After the successful completion of all these three stages, a merit list of all selected candidates is published on the official website of the GPSC. It must be noted that the exam is conducted in offline mode and the language of the exam can be English or Gujarati. However, the more chances of examination medium are English only.
The detailed examination pattern is given below:
|S.No.||Nature of Exam||Name of the Paper||Duration of Exam||Total no. of Questions||Total Marks Allotted|
|1||MCQ||General Studies I||3 hours||200||200|
|2||MCQ||General Studies II||3 hours||200||200|
Pay Scale 2023
For the latest Recruitment, the pay scale details are given below:
State Tax Inspector: Fixed pay for 5 years i.e. Rs. 38,090/-, Pay Matrix level- 7 i.e. Rs. 39,900/- to Rs. 1,26,600/-
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the full form for GPSC?
Ans. It stands for Gujarat Public Service Commission.
Question: What is the official website of the Gujarat Public Service Commission?
Ans. The official website is www.gpscgujarat.gov.in.