IIT JAM or Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test is a national level entrance test which is commenced by various IITs and IISc in a rotational shift. Those candidates who are seeking admission in full time 2 years M.Sc., 2 years MA Economics, M.Sc. Ph.D. dual degree, Joint M.Sc. PhD, and other post bachelor’s degree programmes at different IITs and IISc. Consequently, candidates who wish to take admissions to PG and Doctoral level programmes offered by IIT JAM participating institutions can apply till the 3rd week of October 2023. Get all the necessary details related to IIT JAM 2024 from the article below.
IIT JAM 2024 Important Dates
|Starting of online application process||1st week of August 2023|
|Last date of online application form submission and uploading documents||3rd week of October 2023|
|Last date to pay the application charges||3rd week of October 2023|
|Correction window begins||4th week of October 2023|
|Release of admit card||2nd week of January 2024|
|IIT JAM exam on||1st week of February 2024|
|Final answer key release date||March 2024|
|Result declaration||3rd week of March 2024|
|Score card release date||1st week of April 2024|
|Declaration of 1st admission list||1st week of June 2024|
|Declaration of 2nd admission list||2nd week of June 2024|
|Declaration of 3rd admission list||3rd week of June 2024|
|Closure of admission||1st week of July 2024|
- Nationality: Both Indian as well as foreign nationals are eligible to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Appliers should hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from any recognized university.
- Required Marks: The General/ OBC (NCL)/ EWS category applicants should have secured 55% aggregate marks while SC/ ST/ PwD category candidates must obtain 50% marks in aggregate in qualifying exam.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the final examination of their Undergraduate degree are also eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit prescribed by the officials of IIT JAM to apply for the same.
IIT JAM 2024 Application Form
The application procedure will be carried out via online method. All those candidates who wish to apply for exam needs to visit the official website of the exam to complete the application form filling and make the payment of the application fee through online facilities. The examination authorities will also provide an application correction window to make changes after the conclusion of the application procedure.
Candidates who are applying for only one paper and belong to General and OBC category, then they have to make the fee payment of Rs.1500/-. Female candidates belonging to SC, ST, and PWD category can apply by paying Rs.750/-.
Candidates applying for both the papers and belonging to General and OBC category can apply for the exam by paying Rs.2100/- Candidates belonging to Female, PWD, ST, SC category need to pay the amount of Rs.1050/-
- No. of Questions: There will be a total no. of 60 questions in the IIT JAM question paper.
- Duration of Exam: The candidates will be allotted 3 hours to complete the examination.
- Question Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Select question (MSQ) and Numerical answer type (NAT) questions will be there in the examination.
- Language: It will be commenced only in English language.
- Mode: The examination will be conducted through CBT mode (online mode).
- Papers: There will be total 7 subjects in the IIT JAM paper including Economics that was newly added last year.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of a total of 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: Only section I will have the provision of negative marking.
|Sections||Questions||Type of questions||Total marks|
|Section 1||30||Multiple-choice questions||50|
|Section 2||10||Multiple choice questions||20|
|section 3||20||Numerical answer type questions||30|
7 Test Papers in IIT JAM
- Biotechnology (BT)
- Mathematics (MA)
- Mathematical Statistics (MS)
- Chemistry (CY)
- Biological Sciences (BL)
- Geology (GG)
- Physics (PH)
- Greater Noida
- New Delhi
IIT JAM 2024 Mock Test
Candidates who wish to appear for the IIT JAM mock test 2024 will be able to find the latest mock test links on the official website of IIT JAM. The officials will also inform the same to the applicants through the SMS. In order to have access to the mock test of IIT JAM, candidates have to provide their login credentials.
IIT JAM 2024 Answer Key
The provisional answer key will be released in online mode by the authorities at their authorized web portal. Candidates need to pay a requisite amount of fee of Rs 500 (per question) in order to challenge the answer key. The conducting body will release the final answer key only after considering all the valid objections. The answer key will involves all the correct answers to the question paper.
IIT JAM 2024 Result
The authorities will make the Result available in the month of March, in online mode only. The results will be published online in the form of a merit list. Aspirants have to enter their login credentials in JOAPS in order to acquire the result. The result will have the marks and rank scored by the aspirants in the CBT IIT Joint Admission Test.
IIT JAM 2024 Counselling
The Counseling session will begin soon after the announcement of the results of the online Joint Admission Test. Moreover, it is mandatory for every participant to fill the admission form in order to appear in the IIIT JAM Counselling session 2024. A total no. of three rounds will be there for IIT JAM Counseling Process. After the commencement of the third round of Counselling, the individual institutes will commence one spot admission round for the eligible participants if the seats remain vacant.