IRDA Exam 2023: IRDA (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) is a chief body of the Indian Government. The main objective of IRDA is to manage and control the functioning of different General and Life Insurance companies in India. Every year, IRDA carries out a recruitment drive through which it hires eligible candidates for various posts. Candidates from any region of India are eligible to take part in the IRDA recruitment procedure. The Insurance Institute of India is the main competent authority that holds the Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India (IRDA) exam every year. IRDA is one of the first general insurance companies which is introduced in India. IRDA decides the guidelines, rules, and regulations for the Indian Insurance Companies. It manages fair practices to protect the consumers’ interests in the Insurance market. IRDA is considered the highest regulating body in the insurance sector of India.
Candidates who are interested to appear in the IRDA Recruitment 2023 are required to fill and submit their application form online mode before the prescribed date and time. However, before proceeding to the application form filling, we suggest the candidates go through the eligibility criteria carefully first. In this post, we have provided complete information about IRDA Exam 2023 such as eligibility criteria, the application process, exam schedule, exam pattern, results details, and more.
IRDA Exam 2023 Overview
|Name of the Exam||IRDA Exam|
|Full-Form||Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority Exam|
|Conducting Authority||Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Number of Questions||50 questions|
|Time Provided||1 hour|
|Maximum Marks||50 marks|
IRDA Exam 2023 Important Dates
|Main Events||Speculated Dates|
|The registration process in the online mode||1st week of January 2023|
|Due date to register online||Last week of January 2023|
|Slot booking date for the examination||1st week of February 2023 to 2nd week of February 2023|
|Date of examination||1st week of March 2023 to 3rd week of March 2023|
|Declaration of result||Last week of March 2023|
The eligibility criteria for IRDA Exam vary as per the post, the aspirant wishes to apply. However, the basic eligibility criteria for the post of Assistant Manager post is laid down below:
The age of the applicant for the post of Assistant Manager should not be less than 21 years. In addition to that, the upper age of a candidate should be less than 30 years. Candidates belonging to the reserved categories will get relaxation as per the government rules.
- Scheduled caste/ Scheduled tribe – 5 years
- OBC category – 3 years
- PwD candidates – 10 years
Candidates must possess a graduation degree (bachelor’s level degree) with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks from a recognized university of education.
IRDA Exam 2023 Application Form
The step by step guide to fill IRDA Exam 2023 Application Form is given below for the reference of the applicants:
- First of all, appliers will have to register by filling up their basic details like Name, email address, phone number, etc.
- After the registration, candidates can simply sign-in in order to get the main application form.
- In order to get access to the form, aspirants have to provide their login credentials received on their registered email id and phone number.
- Then, in the next step, candidates need to provide their complete educational, personal, and contact information in the application form.
- Along with the details, they will also have to attach/ upload their scanned images of the passport size photograph, and signature as per the formats and sizes mentioned in the form.
- At the time of submitting the application form, candidates need to make the payment of the mandatory application fee.
- At last, take a few printouts of the submitted application form for future references.
|SC/ ST/ PWD/ Ex-Servicemen||INR 100/-|
|Other categories||INR 650/-|
Mode of payment: The eligible candidates can make the payment of the application fee using methods like a credit card/ debit card or internet banking.
There are three phases of examination in the IRDA Exam:
- I Phase: Prelims Exam
- II Phase: Mains Exam
- III Phase: Interview
- Type of Exam: Objective type exam.
- Sections in the paper: 4 sections in which each section involves 40 questions.
- Medium of paper: Hindi or English except for the English Language Section.
- Marking Scheme: +1 mark for each right answer. -1/4 marks for every wrong answer.
|Name of tests (subjects)||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Reasoning||40 questions||40 marks|
|English Language||40 questions||40 marks|
|General Awareness||40 questions||40 marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40 questions||40 marks|
|Total||160 questions||160 marks|
- Type of paper: Descriptive type.
- Sections in the paper: 3 sections
- Total duration: 3 hours.
|Name of Paper (subjects)||Maximum Marks||Time in minutes|
|English||100 marks||60 minutes|
|Economic and Social Issues impacting insurance||100 marks||60 minutes|
|Insurance and Management||100 marks||60 minutes|
|Total||300 marks||180 minutes|
The last phase i.e. phase 3rd is the interview round. In this round, candidates get shortlisted on the basis of overall marks acquired in the three sections of Phase I. The final selection will be made considering the scores of the participant in the Phase II & Interview rounds.
The result of the IRDA examination will only be issued via the online method i.e. through the official web portal of IRDA. In order to obtain the examination results, aspirants have to provide their login credentials such as their roll number (as mentioned on admit card) and other registration details. Those participants who qualify for the phase-I – I examination will be eligible to take part in the phase–II exam. Likewise, those who will pass the Phase – II examination will get invited to attend the Interview Round. The final selection of the participant will be done considering the scores of the Phase-II Examination and Interview. It must be noted that the Phase I examination is qualifying in nature.