Jammu University Admission 2023: Jammu University conducts an entrance examination to offer admission to candidates in various courses. Yes, JUET 2023 is the entrance examination conducted by the University for admissions. This examination is held every year at the university level.
Jammu University offers various UG and PG courses in different fields such as Arts, Education, Life Science, Social Science, Business Studies, Law, Mathematical Sciences, etc. Hence, the candidates can grab these opportunities and apply for the particular course they want to pursue at Jammu University. The important details can be checked from this article to apply for Jammu University admission.
Jammu University Admission 2023 Dates
|Online application form filling||2nd week of May 2023|
|The due date for the application process||4th week of May 2023|
|The due date for application with late fee||1st week of June 2023|
|Release of 1st list of available seats||September 2023|
|Release of 2nd list of available seats||September 2023|
|Notification release for 1st list for reserved category||September 2023|
|Notification release for 2nd list for reserved category||September 2023|
|Notification release for self-finance seats||September 2023|
|The due date for admission completion||September 2023|
Who is eligible to apply for JUET 2023
The candidates who are willing to apply for Jammu University admission 2023 must check the eligibility criteria. If you meet the eligibility required for a particular course then only you will be eligible to apply for that course. So, the eligibility criteria for different courses are as follows-
- For UG courses (such as BA LLB-5 years/ BCA/ BBA-Hotel Mgmt.), the eligibility will be determined based on the last 2-years of the last qualifying exams i.e. 11th and 12th.
- For PG courses (except M.Ed/M.P.Ed), the applicants must have completed a 3-year degree course of BA/B.Sc/B.Com/ BBA/BCA.
- Whereas, for M.ED/ M.P.Ed courses, the candidates must have a B.Ed/ B.P.Ed/ B.Lib degree at UG level.
- The applicants must have a 3-year professional degree scoring a minimum of 40% marks (36% for reserved categories).
- However, the applicants who are not from the territory of Jammu University must have scored a minimum of 60% in B.Sc/ BA/ B.Com/ BCA/ BBA.
- As far as the age limit is concerned, there is no age limit to apply for JUET 2023.
Jammu University Application Process
The candidates can fill the application forms only on the official website of Jammu University. Hence, all the candidates who want to apply for admission at Jammu University have to visit the official website of the University.
A candidate can register with only one application. If any candidate is found with multiple registrations then his/her registration will be canceled. The online registration process includes these steps-
- Online registration
- Online filling up of application
- Uploading of scanned images
- Payment of application fee
- Takedown the printout of the application form.
NOTE- The candidates who are looking for admission to the MBA program have to mention their CAT/MAT registration No. in the application form of Jammu University.
Jammu University Admission 2023 Application Fee
Application fee payment is an integral part of the application process and it will not be considered complete without the payment of the application fee. The applicants can pay the application fee only through offline mode i.e., Jammu & Kashmir Bank Challan. So, the fee to be paid for different categories is as follows-
- For General Category, the application fee is Rs. 850/-.
- Whereas, the application fee for reserved categories like SC/ST/ST (Leh & Kargil) is Rs. 730/-
Jammu University Admission Procedure
Jammu University offers admission to the candidates based on the entrance examination. It conducts JUET (Jammu University Entrance Exam) to select the candidates for admission. However, the admissions based on JUET are provided only in UG, PG, and PG Diploma courses but for admissions in other courses like LLM & MBA, JUET is not considered.
Rather, the University conducts a separate entrance exam for LLM admission which is conducted by the Department of Law of Jammu University. On the other hand, for MBA admissions, at first, the CAT scores are considered for filling up the seats and if the seats are still left then MAT scores are also considered for MBA admissions. Whereas, for the M.Sc Biotechnology course, the University accepts JNU CEEB scores.
JUET Examination Pattern
- The examination will be conducted through offline mode i.e. pen & paper mode.
- The duration of the examination will be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- There will be a total of 150 questions of MCQ type.
- The applicants will get one mark for every correct answer and there will be no penalty for incorrect answers.
- The total marks will be 150 and the medium of the examination will be both Hindi & English.
- There will be 4 sections in the question paper- General English (40 questions), General Knowledge (40 questions), Reasoning (40 questions), and Numerical Ability (30 questions).
The candidates who are applying for JUET 2023 are advised to start preparing for the exam so that they can qualify for the exam with good marks. However, the candidates can go through the exam pattern to prepare for the exam accordingly.