JEPBN 2024: Joint Entrance for Post Basic Nursing Courses is a state level entrance examination which is conducted yearly to enroll candidates into PB B.Sc. (Nursing) Course in various government and private institutions located in the state of West Bengal. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board is the competent authority which regulates this entrance exam every year. JEPBN scores are accepted by various Nursing colleges of West Bengal state offering the Post Basic Nursing course. The exam is organized in offline method (written test) for a duration of 90 minutes in total .
The examination will tentatively take place in the third week of May 2024. Moreover, the application forms for the same will be hosted on the official website of the board most probably from second week of January 2024. Aspiring candidates should go to the authorized website of the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination in order to get the application form for entrance test.
JEPBN 2024 Highlights
|Name of the conducting authority||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board|
|Name of the exam||JEPBN (Joint Entrance for Post Basic Nursing)|
|Application starting date||First week of January 2024|
|Application closing date||Third week of January 2024|
|Exam date||Third week of May 2024|
JEPBN 2024 Important Dates
|Online application form release date||Second week of January 2024|
|Online application process ending date||Third week of January 2024|
|Date of examination||Third week of May 2024|
|Correction period||Third week of January 2024|
|Admit card||Second week of May 2024|
|Result announcement||Last week of May 2024|
- Applying candidate must hold Indian Nationality.
- He/ she must have passed intermediate level examination from any recognized educational board along with the GNM course.
- In addition to that, the candidate should have obtained registration/ RNRM certificate from the State Nursing Council of any State of India.
- The official authorities of JEBPN have not fixed any upper age limit for the candidates who are presently employed/ working in private institutes.
- For candidates who are presently working in public/ govt institutions, can apply till the age of 53 years.
- At the time of admission, ‘In-service’ candidates of West Bengal state are required to produce a ‘Letter of Permission’ from the official authority for sponsorship in check with the West Bengal Nursing Personnel.
- Candidates working in private institutions need not to submit any work experience.
- Employees should possess at least 3 years regularized experience in the government sector/ service.
JEPBN 2024 Application Form
- Aspirants can collect the online application form through the official website of the exam conducting authority i.e. www.wbjeeb.nic.in.
- On the homepage of the official website of West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board, candidates will find the link for application form.
- In the application form they need to submit the details as asked in the application form and upload all the crucial certificates and documents according to the prescriptions.
- After you are done with the application form filling and uploading of documents, candidates need to pay the application fee to complete the remaining process of application.
The application fee for all category candidates is Rs. 3000 which is non- refundable and the payment can be done through via debit card, internet banking, credit card and other online payment gateway.
- Scanned copy of passport sized photograph
- Scanned copy of signature
- Domicile Certificate
- Relevant Mark sheets
- The JEPBN exam needs to be completed within 90 minutes.
- The exam involves multiple-choice questions with four alternatives for each query.
- Exam include 2 sections for instance Section I and Section II.
- There will be a total number of 100 query in the test.
- The queries will be provided in the English language only.
|Sections||Topics||No. of questions|
|Part B||Psychiatric nursing
Community health nursing
Foundation of nursing
The candidates will be able to acquire the result for Post Basic B. Sc. Nursing 2024 at the official website of the conducting authority only which is wbjeeb.nic.in. Candidates must consider that WBJEEB does not release any separate rank/ score list.
- The result will be announced in the form of a rank card that will be released online. Participants must download the result by entering the login credentials.
- JEPBN rank card comprises of all the applicable ranks and total scores of the candidates.
- The authorities will issue the rank cards to those candidates who appear for the entrance exam. But, all the candidates might not be awarded ranks.
- The participants will be able to apply for the duplicate rank card only within 60 days after the release of result. For this, candidates have to apply at the official portal of the exam conducting board. In addition to that, participants have to make the payment of Rs 500 through demand draft (DD) drawn in the favor of ‘West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board’ payable at Kolkata.
Only those participants who achieve ranks will be eligible to participate in the counseling session for the allotment of seats. The details related to WBJEE Post Basic Nursing Counseling will be uploaded at the official website of the exam conducting board i.e. www.wbjeeb.nic.in. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board will release the cut off rank for the candidates on the official website. The board will release the course wise and institute- wise seats before the beginning of the counseling and seat allotment procedure. The allotment of seats shall be done as per the GMR ranks only (not on the basis of category ranks).