JVS Scholarship Vision and Social Scholarship is a one-of-a-kind opportunity scheme for Jewish students which covers their tuition and educational expenses. The scholarship program is basically for the bright and deserving Jewish students who reside in the Greater Los Angeles area. JVS Scholarship offers financial assistance to the students depending on their financial needs, with the idea that education is the first step toward success. The program is committed to providing as much financial assistance as possible to qualified beneficiaries and encourages the students to reapply each year so that they also get assistance throughout their post-secondary education.
Current beneficiaries of the scholarship program are enrolled at community colleges, 4-year universities, institutions, graduate schools, and vocational schools throughout the United States and California. JVS has awarded more than 5,400 scholarships worth over $10.9 million since the program’s foundation in the year 1972. To know more about JVS Scholarship 2023, read the entire data in this post till the end.
JVS Scholarship 2023 Overview
|Type of award||Private Scholarship|
|Individual award amount||
|Total amount awarded||$9,200,000|
|No. of applicants||400|
JVS Scholarship 2023 Important Dates
|Level||Application date||Application deadline|
|For New Graduate||January 2023||March 2023|
|For New Undergraduate||January 2023||March 2023|
- The beneficiary should be a Jew
- The minimum age of the applicant needs to be 16 years.
- He/ she should be a legal resident of Los Angeles County – Citizen of United States or hold a green card of United States (documented legal permanent resident of the United States for a minimum of three years).
The beneficiary must be enrolled in an accredited public or private college, or vocational institution in the United States.
- Examine enroll full-time (minimum 12 units per term)
- He/ she should have maintained a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 for the undergraduate program and a minimum GPA of 3.0 for graduate students for each semester or quarter.
- The applicant must demonstrate the financial need as provable, including the student aid report (FAFSA) and student and parent tax records.
JVS Scholarship 2023 Application Process
- To apply for this scholarship scheme, interested candidates need to go to the JVS website at www.jvs-socal.org/scholarship-application.
- Now, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible and collect a print copy of the 2023 Student Aid Report (SAR) as soon as possible.
- Download, take out the print, and complete the Certification of Application/ Declaration of Legal Domicile.
- Print the same, download it and complete the resume form.
- Lastly, print and complete the JVS Statement of Non-Filing.