Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) releases the notification for class 1 registrations, for other classes. KVS is the authority to carry out the selection process to offer admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas. Interested candidates can apply online on the official website before the last date. Check here all the important details about KVS Admission 2023-24.
“Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan will release the KV Admission Notification 2023-24 in the 3rd week of February 2023, for more latest updates stay connected.“
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023 Overview
|Conducting body||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)|
|Admission||KVS Class 1st to 11th Admission|
|Affiliation||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Mode of procedure||Online/Offline|
|Application Status||To be Released|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023 Dates
|Release of Notification for admission||3rd week of February 2023|
|Online KVS registration for class-1||4th week of February 2023|
|Last date for registration for class 1||3rd week of March 2023|
|Declaration of provisional select and waitlist of registered candidates||3rd week of March 2023|
|Declaration of the provisional select list of candidates as per priority service category for unreserved seats||1st week of April 2023|
|Registration for Class-II onwards (except Class XI)||2nd to 3rd week of April 2023|
|Declaration of the list of class II onwards.||3rd week of April 2023|
|Admission for class II onwards.||4th week of April 2023|
|Last date of admission for all classes except class XI||3rd week of June 2023|
|For KV students: Registration for admission in class XI.||Within 10 days after the declaration of class X results|
|KV students: Display of admission list & admissions for Class-XI.||Within 20 days after the declaration of class X results.|
|Non-KV students: Registration, display of admission list & admissions in class XI (Subject to availability of vacancies)||After the admissions of KV students in class XI.|
|Last date of admission for class – XI.||30 days from the date of declaration of class-X results by CBSE.|
KVS Admission 2023-24 Important Links
|Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Notice 2023||Check Here|
|Admission Schedule 2023||Check Here|
|Admission Guidelines 2023||Check Here|
|Registration Form Class-II Onwards (Sample)||Check Here|
|Registration Form for Class-XI (Sample)||Check Here|
|Option Form for Class-XI (Sample)||Check Here|
|KV Online Registration 2023-24||Register Here|
Priorities Given for KVS Admission?
KVS seats are divided into five categories:
- The first choice is given to the central govt employees ward.
- The second preference is for the army and ex-army man child.
- The third assortment is for govt. employees.
- Fourth for the single girl child quota.
- Fifth for private or self-employed personnel.
The admission process of Kendriya Vidyalayas is different for class 1 to 8, and classes 9, 10, 11, and 12. Moreover, the reserved seats and priority category system under RTE are very similar for each class. Apart from this, children who are orphaned due to Covid-19 pandemic will be eligible for admission over and above the class strength under the scheme of PM CARES for Children Scheme. The admission will be granted on the premises of a list given by the District Magistrate of the concerned District subject to 10 children per Kendriya Vidyalaya and maximum 02 children in each class. These children need not to pay any fees (Computer Fund, Tuition fee and VVN) from Classes 1st to 12th.
|1st||Admissions will be done through an online drow of lots|
|2nd to 8th||Admissions will be done on a priority basis|
|9th||On the basis of an entrance exam|
|11th||will be done on the basis of class 10th Marks|
|10th and 12th||Fresh admission is subject to availability.|
Eligibility Requirements for KV Admission
The eligibility requirements for KV Admission are as follows:
- The child must be 5 years old as of 31st March 2023 in the academic year in which admissions are sought for Class I (A child born on 1st April should also be considered).
- The maximum age can be relaxed for a disabled category candidate.
Different minimum and maximum ages are required for admissions in different classes. They are:
Age Limit to Apply for KVS Admission 2023
Note: For taking the admission into 11th class, there is no age criteria has been prescribed by the respected authority. These details is most tentative and gathering from the last year notification of Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission. But at the end you must read the official notification once it will live by the concern authority/school.
|Class||Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
|1st||05 Years||07 Years|
|2nd||06 Years||08 Years|
|3rd||07 Years||09 Years|
|4th||08 Years||10 Years|
|5th||09 Years||11 Years|
|6th||10 Years||12 Years|
|7th||11 Years||13 Years|
|8th||12 Years||14 Years|
|9th||13 Years||15 Years|
|10th||14 Years||16 Years|
- There is no age restriction for admission to Class 11 provided the student is seeking admission in the year of passing the Class 10 examination.
- Similarly, there will be no upper & lower age limit for admission to class 12 provided there has been no break in the continuous study of the student after passing class XI.
Fresh Admission to Class 10th & 12th
Fresh admissions to classes 10 & 12, other than KV students, will be entertained subject to the availability of vacancies. Such admissions to classes 10 and 12 will be considered by the Deputy Commissioner of the Region concerned, only if, the average strength in class X/XII is below 40.
KVS Admission Reservation Criteria
- 15% seats for Scheduled Caste, 7.5% seats for Scheduled Tribes, and 27% seats for Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL) shall be reserved in all fresh admissions in all Kendriya Vidyalayas.
- 3% seats of the total available seats will be reserved for Differently Abled Category for fresh admission will be horizontally
Category-wise seat criterion is as follows-
|Differently Abled candidates||3%|
|EWS of the society||25%|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Registration Form 2023
Before going to apply for admission you guys read the KV Registration process carefully, and summit the form before the deadlines which we’ll notify to you with this page. You just bookmark this page and check it on daily basis. Here’s in below we have listed some important details about KV Admission registration 2023.
- A link to the application form will be provided here.
- Read complete directions for filling online registration & application form for Std 1
- Notice will be published in the 1st week of March by the regional office in the local newspapers.
- The form will be made available through the online/offline mode.
- Students can collect the admission form from the Principal’s Office of the concerned school free of cost.
- Candidates/ Parents are required to fill out the form entirely.
- Send or submit the filled-in application form along with the required documents to KV concerned within the stipulated dates as mentioned in the notice.
The form must be accompanied by the attested copies of the required documents.
- Applicants need to ensure that forms will be filled completely as incomplete forms and late applications will be rejected.
How To Register For Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023 Class 1?
Here’s some simple steps which you need to follow and read before going to apply:-
- Students, parents, and wards who want to take admission in class 1 need to follow the below procedure.
- Visit the official website
- On the main page press on Register Tab>New registration> Proceed to read the instructions
- Read Instructions cautiously available English and Hindi both the languages>>Press on the “Proceed” Tab.
- Enter all the information in the space provided and press the “Register” option.
- Verify OTP >Keep the login Id safe for further login
- Get the printout of the registration details by pressing on “Print” tab.
KVS Application Form Fee
- No registration fee will be applicable.
- Students may collect the application form from the school principal free of cost.
Required Documents For Class 1
Check the list of the following credentials which are required at the time of admission-
- Birth Certificate (Age proof) for Class-I.
- Evidence of relationship for Grandchildren of PSU employees and Members of Parliament.
- Evidence of relationship for Grandchildren of KVS employees.
- Proof of residence
- Category official document (SC/ST/EWS/OBC/BPL)
- Official document of disability/handicapped
- Certificate of retirement for uniformed defense employees.
An official document showing the no. of transfers
Registration Eligibility for Class 11
There is no upper and minimum age limit for admission into class XI.
- Admission of VK students in various KVs will be based on marks obtained in class X. –
- Humanities Stream- Candidates who have passed the class X exam
- Science Stream- Contenders should have obtained at least 60% marks aggregate in all the subjects.
- Commerce Stream- Contenders should have obtained a minimum of 55% marks aggregate in all the subjects.
Important Note: Dear all Hope you have got an idea of how to take admitted in KV school from classes 1 to 12. If you face any queries regarding KVS admission then you are advised to leave your valuable comment in the stated comment box.
How to get Admission In Kendriya Vidyalaya?
Here’s in below we are provided some important details about method/procedure of admission into different classes.
Admission process of class 2nd to 8th:
There is no entrance exam for taking admission into Class 2nd to Class 8th but the admission will be provided depend on the Priority Category procedure (1st to 5th or 6th).
There are some limited seats in a particular school, and if application form will be received more than the total no. of seats, the officials will for a lottery system which is depend on each category consisting single girl child quota (6th class onwards).
Admission process of class 9th:
Candidates need to appear in the KV entrance exam, and the admission will be allotted on the basis of merit list.
Admission will be provided as per sequence of priority categories which is also merit based.
- The KV 9th Class entrance exam will be includes these subjects: English, Science, Hindi, Maths, and Social
- There will be single paper will be conducted for KV Admission test and the duration of test will be 3 Hours.
- Total marks of test will be 100 consisting English, Hindi, Maths, Science and Social Science (20
marks for each).
- To qualify the KV admission test you have to score at-least 33% marks and 25% marks for ST/SC/PH candidates.