Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023: Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) releases the notification for class 1 registrations, for other classes. KVS is the authority to carry out the selection process to offer admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas. Interested candidates can apply online on the official website before the last date. Check here all the important details about KVS Admission 2023-24.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan will release the KV Admission Notification 2023-24 in the 3rd week of February 2023, for more latest updates stay connected.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023 Overview
|Conducting body||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)|
|Admission||KVS Class 1st to 11th Admission|
|Affiliation||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Mode of procedure||Online/Offline|
|Application Status||To be Released|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023 Dates
|Release of Notification for admission||3rd week of February 2023|
|Online KVS registration for class-1||4th week of February 2023|
|Last date for registration for class 1||3rd week of March 2023|
|Declaration of provisional select and waitlist of registered candidates||3rd week of March 2023|
|Declaration of the provisional select list of candidates as per priority service category for unreserved seats||1st week of April 2023|
|Registration for Class-II onwards (except Class XI)||2nd to 3rd week of April 2023|
|Declaration of the list of class II onwards.||3rd week of April 2023|
|Admission for class II onwards.||4th week of April 2023|
|Last date of admission for all classes except class XI||3rd week of June 2023|
|For KV students: Registration for admission in class XI.||Within 10 days after the declaration of class X results|
|KV students: Display of admission list & admissions for Class-XI.||Within 20 days after the declaration of class X results.|
|Non-KV students: Registration, display of admission list & admissions in class XI (Subject to availability of vacancies)||After the admissions of KV students in class XI.|
|Last date of admission for class – XI.||30 days from the date of declaration of class-X results by CBSE.|
KVS Admission 2023-24 Important Links
|Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Admission Notice 2023||Check Here|
|Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Admission Schedule 2023||Check Here|
|Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Admission Guidelines 2023||Check Here|
|Registration Form Class-II Onwards (Sample)||Check Here|
|Registration Form for Class-XI (Sample)||Check Here|
|Option Form for Class-XI (Sample)||Check Here|
|KV Online Registration 2023-24||Register Here|
Priorities Given for KVS Admission?
KVS seats are divided into five categories:
- The first choice is given to the central govt employees ward.
- The second preference is for the army and ex-army man child.
- The third assortment is for govt. employees.
- Fourth for the single girl child quota.
- Fifth for private or self-employed personnel.
|1st||Admissions will be done through an online drow of lots|
|2nd to 8th||Admissions will be done on a priority basis|
|9th||On the basis of an entrance exam|
|11th||will be done on the basis of class 10th Marks|
|10th and 12th||Fresh admission is subject to availability.|
Eligibility Requirements for KV Admission
The eligibility requirements for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 are as follows:
- The child must be 5 years old as of 31st March 2023 in the academic year in which admissions are sought for Class I (A child born on 1st April should also be considered).
- The maximum age can be relaxed for a disabled category candidate.
Different minimum and maximum ages are required for admissions in different classes. They are:
Age Limit to Apply for KVS Admission 2023
Note: There is no age limit restriction to get admission in class 11th.
|Class||Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
|1st||05 Years||07 Years|
|2nd||06 Years||08 Years|
|3rd||07 Years||09 Years|
|4th||08 Years||10 Years|
|5th||09 Years||11 Years|
|6th||10 Years||12 Years|
|7th||11 Years||13 Years|
|8th||12 Years||14 Years|
|9th||13 Years||15 Years|
|10th||14 Years||16 Years|
- There is no age restriction for admission to Class 11 provided the student is seeking admission in the year of passing the Class 10 examination.
- Similarly, there will be no upper & lower age limit for admission to class 12 provided there has been no break in the continuous study of the student after passing class XI.
Fresh Admission to Class 10th & 12th
Fresh admissions to classes 10 & 12, other than KV students, will be entertained subject to the availability of vacancies. Such admissions to classes 10 and 12 will be considered by the Deputy Commissioner of the Region concerned, only if, the average strength in class X/XII is below 40.
KVS Admission Reservation Criteria
- 15% seats for Scheduled Caste, 7.5% seats for Scheduled Tribes, and 27% seats for Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL) shall be reserved in all fresh admissions in all Kendriya Vidyalayas.
- 3% seats of the total available seats will be reserved for Differently Abled Category for fresh admission will be horizontally
Category-wise seat criterion is as follows-
|Differently Abled candidates||3%|
|EWS of the society||25%|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Registration Form 2023
- A link to the application form will be provided here.
- Read complete directions for filling online registration & application form for Std 1
- Notice will be published in the 1st week of March by the regional office in the local newspapers.
- The form will be made available through the online/offline mode.
- Students can collect the admission form from the Principal’s Office of the concerned school free of cost.
- Candidates/ Parents are required to fill out the form entirely.
- Send or submit the filled-in application form along with the required documents to KV concerned within the stipulated dates as mentioned in the notice.
The form must be accompanied by the attested copies of the required documents.
- Applicants need to ensure that forms will be filled completely as incomplete forms and late applications will be rejected.
How To Register For Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023 Class 1?
- Students, parents, and wards who want to take admission in class 1 need to follow the below procedure.
- Visit the official website
- On the main page press on Register Tab>New registration> Proceed to read the instructions
- Read Instructions cautiously available English and Hindi both the languages>>Press on the “Proceed” Tab.
- Enter all the information in the space provided and press the “Register” option.
- Verify OTP >Keep the login Id safe for further login
- Get the printout of the registration details by pressing on “Print” tab.
KVS Application Form Fee
- No registration fee will be applicable.
- Students may collect the application form from the school principal free of cost.
Required Documents For Class 1
Check the list of the following credentials which are required at the time of admission-
- Birth Certificate (Age proof) for Class-I.
- Evidence of relationship for Grandchildren of PSU employees and Members of Parliament.
- Evidence of relationship for Grandchildren of KVS employees.
- Proof of residence
- Category official document (SC/ST/EWS/OBC/BPL)
- Official document of disability/handicapped
- Certificate of retirement for uniformed defense employees.
An official document showing the no. of transfers
Registration Eligibility for Class 11
There is no upper and minimum age limit for admission into class XI.
- Admission of VK students in various KVs will be based on marks obtained in class X. –
- Humanities Stream- Candidates who have passed the class X exam
- Science Stream- Contenders should have obtained at least 60% marks aggregate in all the subjects.
- Commerce Stream- Contenders should have obtained a minimum of 55% marks aggregate in all the subjects.
|KVS Class 1st Merit List 2023||JNVST Selection List 2023|
Important Note: Dear all Hope you have got an idea of how to take admitted in KV school from classes 1 to 12. If you face any queries regarding KVS admission then you are advised to leave your valuable comment in the stated comment box.