The sole purpose of the commencement of MAH MCA CET 2024 is to provide admission into MCA Ist and IInd Year of the three-year courses. The entrance test is conducted at the state level. Qualified candidates will be enrolled in several Government and Private Colleges of the state of Maharashtra. The registration process is usually started in the 1st week of May via online method. This exam is organized by the Directorate of Technical Education at the state level.
MAH MCA CET 2024 Overview
|Name of the Exam||MAH MCA CET|
|Full form||Maharashtra MCA Common Entrance Test|
|Type of Exam||Postgraduate level|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Directorate of Technical Education|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration of Exam||90 minutes|
MAH MCA CET 2024 Important Dates
|Online registration starting date||July 2024|
|Submission of the application form||July 2024|
|Last date to get the hard copy of the application form||Announced soon|
|Admit card issue date||Announced soon|
|Exam Date||Announced soon|
|MCA CET result||Announced soon|
- An applicant should be of Indian nationality.
- Candidates should have studied mathematics as the mandatory subject in the qualifying Examination.
- He/ she should hold at least three years of Bachelor’s Degree approved from the UGC or Association of Indian University (AIU) recognized university.
- General candidates should have obtained 50 % Marks and (45% Marks for the reserved category candidates).
- Students giving their qualifying exam of final year can also apply for the exam.
For Lateral Entry:
- Those who are currently in the last year of their qualifying examination or graduation are also eligible to apply for admission.
- Candidates who have obtained a bachelor’s degree in computer application or information technology or science computer science are eligible too.
MAH MCA CET 2024 Application Form
- The mode of application form release will only be online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill out the application form from the month of July 2024.
- Only eligible candidates will be able to take part in the registration process so, everyone must confirm their eligibility before applying.
- All the details in the application form should be precise, therefore candidates must be careful while providing the same, as the official authority of MAH MCA will not provide any correction facility for the application form.
- The details provided by the candidate in the application form should be the same as it is mentioned in their mark sheet, any changes in the details could cause rejection of the same.
- Candidates must submit their application form before the given due date or else they won’t be able to apply further.
- It is advised to the candidates to keep the hard copy of the filled application form and fee receipt secure for further purposes.
Eligible applicants will be able to make the application fee payment through online mode only by using facilities such as Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking.
|General candidates (including applicants of Maharashtra and outside Maharashtra and J&K migrants)||INR 1000/-|
|Reserved categories and PWD candidates of Maharashtra state||INR 800/-|
Pattern of Exam
- The mode of entrance test commencement will be online mode while the medium will be the English language.
- A total of 90 minutes will be assigned to complete the paper.
- The questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Each correct response will be allotted 2 Marks and a deduction of 0.2 marks for an incorrect answer will be applicable.
Distribution of questions and marks:
|Topics||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Logical/ abstract reasoning||30||60|
|English comprehension and verbal ability||20||40|
The official examination conducting authority will prepare and release the result on the basis of the final answer key. The officials will release the result for every entrance test participant separately through online mode. Candidates will be able to access their results after a few weeks of the exam commencement.
The result will involve the candidate’s performance in the MCA CET. All the participants should keep their results preserved till the completion of the admission procedure.
The admission procedure of MAH MCA CET will be regulated by the official counselling authority for every shortlisted candidate through online mode via the official website. Participants can register themselves for the counseling/ admission procedure after a few days from the release of the result.
The MCA Course admission procedure will be done in multiple rounds involving registration, choice filling, seats of allotment, and physical reporting rounds. Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of their rank in the merit list/ selection list.
During counseling, candidates will have to carry the following documents and certificates:
- Proof of Nationality
- Category certificate
- HSC & SSC Marksheet
- HSC & SSC Passing certificate
- Hall Ticket/ Admit Card
- Domicile Certificate
- Counseling fee payment receipt