Maharashtra B.Sc Agriculture is a 4-year integrated course. Every year many candidates apply for a B.Sc Agriculture course in different colleges in Maharashtra. Candidates who have passed the 12th standard can apply for this course. They must have qualified for the entrance examination MHT-CET to get admission in the B.Sc Agriculture course in Maharashtra colleges. If you are one who wants to pursue this course then you must check the important details before you fill out the application form.
Overview of Maharashtra B.Sc Agriculture
|Course Level||UG level|
|Course Name||B.Sc Agriculture (Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in Agriculture)|
|Course Duration||4 years|
|Admission Procedure||Entrance Exam (MHT-CET)|
Maharashtra B.Sc Agriculture Admission 2023 Dates
|Online Registration & Confirmation of Application Form on||February 2023|
|Last Date for Online Payment||March 2023|
|Online Registration & Confirmation of Application Form on the website (with additional Late Fee of Rs. 500/- for all categories)||April 2023|
|Last Date for Online Payment with Late Fee||April 2023|
|Issue of Admit Card (through candidate login)||To be Announced|
|Date of the Examination (PCM/PCB Group-wise)||To be Announced|
MAH B.Sc Agriculture Admission 2023 Links
|Information Brochure||Check Here|
|Online Application||Apply Here|
- The candidates must have passed 12th from a recognized Board scoring a minimum of 50% aggregate marks with Physics, Chemistry & Biology/Mathematics as main subjects OR inter Agriculture with Physics, Chemistry & English subjects.
- The candidates who belong to reserved categories will get 10% relaxation in aggregate marks.
- and must be appearing for MHT-CET with either PCB OR PCM in the year of application.
- Inter agriculture with these subjects- Physics, Chemistry & English.
Maharashtra B.Sc Agriculture Admission 2023 Forms
- The application forms will be available only online mode on the official website.
- To apply for B.Sc Agriculture, the candidates have to visit the official website of the State Common Entrance Cell Maharashtra.
- Register yourself by creating your username & password.
- After registering yourself, fill up the application form for the entrance exam (MHT-CET).
- Upload all the required documents including your photograph & signature in the specified format.
- Also, pay the application fee of Rs. 800/- (in the case of reserved categories the fee is Rs. 200/-).
- The question paper of the entrance examination (MHT-CET) will be available in MCQ type.
- The candidates have to choose one option out of the four options given.
- Their total marks for the examination will be 200.
- There will be no deductions for incorrect answers.
|Subject||No. of questions (MCQ type)||Total Marks||Duration of exam|
|Biology (Botany)||10||40||100||90 minutes|
The syllabus for the entrance exam covers the entire syllabus of the 12th standard along with the topics from the 11th standard given below-
- Ray Optics
- Scalars & Vectors
- Refraction of Light
- Magnetic effect of electric current
- Friction in solids & liquids
- Some basic concepts of Chemistry
- States of matter- Gases & liquids
- Redox reaction
- Surface chemistry
- Nature of chemical bond
- S-Block elements (Alkali & Alkaline earth metals)
- Basic principles & techniques in organic chemistry
- Trigonometric functions
- Trigonometry functions of Compound Angles
- Factorization Formulae
- Straight Line
- Circle & Comics
- Relations & Functions
- Sequences & Series
- Diversity in organisms
- Biochemistry of cell
- Organization of cell
- Animal tissues
- Human Nutrition
- Human Respiration
- Plant Growth & Development
- Plant Water Relations & Mineral Nutrition
Maharashtra B.Sc Agriculture Counselling 2023
The examination authority will release the merit list based on the result declared after the examination. The shortlisted candidates on the merit list will be called to take part in the counseling process.
The candidates will have the option to freeze or float the seat allotted to them. If an applicant chooses the option “freeze”, it means he/she has accepted the seat and does not want to consider for the next round of counseling. On the other hand, if an applicant accepts the option “float”, it means he/she has accepted the seat allotted but wants to be considered for the next round of counseling (in case he gets an institute of higher rank).
After selecting the option (freeze or float), the candidates have to visit the allotted institute personally for document verification & the required fee (Rs. 1000/-) for acceptance of the seat.
Reservation of Seats
|SC/NavBudha (SC) candidates||13% of seats|
|ST candidates||07% of seats|
|Vimukta Jati (A) (VJ-a) (14 & others)||03% seats|
|Nomadic Tribes (B) (NT-b) )28 listed prior to 1990 & others)||2.5% seats|
|Nomadic Tribes © (NT-c)||3.5% seats|
|Nomadic Tribes (D) (NT-d) (Vanjar, Vanjari, Vanjara)||02% of seats|
|OBC candidates||19% of seats|
|Socially & Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)||16% of seats|
|Economically weaker section (EWS)||10% of seats|
For more details and queries, you can visit the official website of the State Common Entrance Test Cell www.mahacet.org.