NCHMCT JEE acronym for National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Examination conducted for students seeking admission in hotel management and hospitality course. National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts this exam at the national level. Eligible candidates who want to apply for this course must apply for the exam online. The applicants are suggested to go through the full details of NCHMCT JEE 2023 provided in this whole article. Read below to get full details.
NCHMCT JEE 2023 Overview
|Name of the Exam||NCHMCT JEE|
|Full form||National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Examination|
|Conducting body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Offered programs||B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Administration|
|Level of Exam||National level|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
NCHMCT JEE 2023 Important Dates
|Online registration begins from||February 2023|
|Online registration closes on||Ma 2023|
|Application correction||June 2023|
|Admit card releases on||June 2023|
|Entrance exam date||June 2023|
|Result declaration||July 2023|
|Counseling||July/ August 2023|
- The age limit for General and OBC category candidates is 25 years (28 years in case of SC/ ST) as of 1st July 2023.
- Candidates must be Indian citizens to be eligible for NCHMCT JEE.
- Candidates must have a clear 12th from any recognized board.
- Applicants must have passed their qualifying examination with compulsory English subject as core/functional/elective.
- Candidates who are going to appear in the 12th level exam are also eligible to apply. Candidates will have to be medically fit and hold a medical certificate.
|Kashmiri Migrant||1 %|
|Physically Disabled (PD)||5 %|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5 %|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15 %|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC- NCL)||27 %|
NCHMCT JEE 2023 Application Form
- Applicants can submit the application form online mode by accessing the official website www.nchm.nic.in.
- The application form for the same is likely to be available in the month of February 2023.
- Candidates need to register themselves by filling in personal and educational information/ details in the application form.
- Also, upload the scanned photograph and signature in the prescribed format and specifications in the form.
- Pay the registration charges to complete the application process.
- Take the printout of the application form and keep it and the fee receipt safe for future reference.
The application fee can be paid through an online method. Candidates must remember that, once you pay the application fee then it can neither be refunded nor transferable.
|General/ OBC candidates||INR 800/-|
|Reserved candidates||INR 400/-|
- Exam Mode: NCHMCT JEE is a pen and paper-based written exam.
- Duration: The duration of this test will be 3 hours.
- No. of Questions: There will be a total of 200 questions asked in the NCHMCT JEE exam.
- Type of Questions: All the questions will be objective-based.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark is given for each correct answer whereas 0.25 marks will be deducted for the wrong answer in the exam.
Subject-wise distribution of marks:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Numerical Ability & Analytical Aptitude||30||30|
|Reasoning & Logical Deduction||30||30|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30||30|
|Aptitude for Service Sector||50||50|
|Total||200 questions||200 marks|
NCHMCT JEE 2023 Result
The applicants who will appear in the exam can check their results online on the official website. The result is likely to be released in the month of July 2023. Candidates can download the NCHMCT JEE Result by entering the application number, roll number, and date of birth. Once it is downloaded, candidates should take the printout of it for further admission process. It must be noted that the result will not be provided through offline mode.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: When will the online registration process for NCHMCT begin?
Ans. The online application process will start in the month of February 2023.
Question: Is there any negative marking in NCHMCT exam?
Ans. Yes, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks in the NCHMCT JEE.
Question: Which authority conducts NCHMCT JEE?
Ans. National Testing Agency is the authority responsible for conducting NCHMCT JEE.
Question: What is the application mode for NCHMCT JEE?
Ans. The only mode of application will be online.
Question: What is the full form of NCHMCT JEE?
Ans. It stands for National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Examination.