NIFT 2024: NIFT shortened for National Institute of Fashion Technology is one of the most renowned fashion and design institution in India. Every year it conducts the entrance exam to select eligible candidates for admission to B.Des, M.Des, BF.Tech, MFM,and MFTech at the campuses of NIFT. NIFT 2024 will likely be held in in the month of January 2024, in Online-Remote Proctored mode. Aspirants will be able to join NIFT only on the basis of their scores in the entrance examination. No other selection criteria will be considered by the authorities for granting admission to the candidates. Candidates will be assessed on the basis of a number of series for instance a written test, situation test, group discussion & personal interview.
The online registrations for the NIFT Entrance exam 2024 begins from October 2023. Therefore, we urge the aspirants to apply early for the exam to avoid last-minute delay. To obtain more depth information about NIFT 2024, candidates are recommended to go through the complete article as it contains Tentative Exam Dates, Eligibility, Application Form, Application Fee, Paper Pattern and Syllabus, Results, Etc.
NIFT 2024 Highlights
|Full Name of Exam||National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Examination|
|Short Exam Name||NIFT Entrance Exam 2024|
|Conducting Department||National Institute of Fashion Technology|
|Frequency of Exam Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||1500 Rs [Offline]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Number of Seats||Available Soon|
NIFT 2024 Important Dates
|Schedule||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Beginning of online applications||October 2023|
|Last date to register for exam||December 2023|
|Correction facility to make changes||January 2024|
|Releasing of admit card||January 2024|
|Exam date||January 2024|
|Result announcement for written test||February/ March 2024|
|Situation Test/ Group Discussion/ Interview||April 2024- May 2024|
|Final declaration of result||Last week of May 2024 or Last week of June 2024|
|Beginning of counselling procedure||Last week of May/ June 2024 onwards|
NIFT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
For Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
- Candidate who has completed 12th or its equivalent from a recognized board/ university is eligible. OR
- Those aspirants who have cleared 12th or its equivalent from any foreign university/ board recognized by AIU can apply. OR
- Candidates holding General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination ( Sri Lanka/ Cambridge/ London) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB) are eligible too.
For Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech)
- In order to be eligible, one needs to pass 10+2 exam with PCM from any recognized board/ University.
- Candidates possessing a 3 or 4 years diploma in engineering are also eligible to apply.
- Those who have passed IB or GCE with PCM can also apply for the exam too.
For Master of Fashion Management (M.F.M)/ Master of Design (M.Des)
- A UG degree from any recognized institute or university is required.
- Candidates possessing a UG diploma of minimum 3 years duration from NIFT/ NID are eligible too.
For Master of Fashion Technology (M.F.Tech)
- Aspirants who have successfully completed B.F.Tech program from NIFT are eligible to apply.
- One who holds a B.E / B.Tech from any recognized University/Institute can also apply.
Note: If the students are appearing in 12th/ bachelor’s degree or equivalent exam, then they can apply for the Bachelor’s degree course provided that their result should be released till the date of admission/ counselling.
NIFT 2024 Application Form
NIFT 2024 Application Form will be obtainable from the month of October 2023 tentatively through online mode.
One should log in to the official website of NIFT to get the application form link.
The candidates who will accomplish the minimum set eligibility norms can apply online at the website within the allotted time frame.
Look for online registration link and fill out the asked details to register for NIFT exam.
Fill each and every required blank with complete details correctly and avoid creating any blunder while filling the application form.
In the application form, candidates will have to enter their email ID, mobile number & upload scanned images and documents including photograph and signature according to the specified format and size.
Preview the already entered details before submitting the application form.
It is very vital to gat a print or download a copy of the application form for future reference.
The application fee has to be paid through online mode using various transaction gateways such as Net Banking/ Debit card/ Credit Card.
|General/OBC (NCL)||Rs. 1500/-|
|Foreign Nationals/ SAARC/ NRI countries candidates||US $100 (only via online mode)|
NIFT 2024 exam pattern is different according to programs. However, the written pen and paper based exam will be conducted as per the given two categories-
- General Ability Test (GAT)
- Creative Ability Test (CAT)
Both of the above mentioned tests are applicable to all the courses. However, the pattern will vary from program to program. The topics covered under GAT and CAT includes:
- GAT: Quantitative Ability, English Comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Communication Ability, Analytical Ability, Case Study.
- CAT: This test is basically designed to assess candidate’s intuitive ability, design ability, power of observation in concept development.
GAT Test Pattern for B.Des and M.Des
|Test Duration (in minutes)||120||120|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||15||15|
GAT Test Pattern for B.F.Tech, M.F.M, M.F.Tech
|Test Duration (in minutes)||180||180||180|
|Communication Ability &
|Analytical & Logical Ability||25||25||25|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||25||25||25|
The Results for NIFT 2024 will be released by the exam body for every candidate who participated in the entrance test through online mode. Participants will be able to download NIFT result after its release on the authorized website. The result will be declared after a few months of the exam commencement. Candidates can use their login credentials to download NIFT 2024 Outcome.