NTSE Exam 2023: NTSE shortened for National Talent Search Exam is a national level exam organized every year. The National Council of Educational Research and Training is the responsible authority for conducting this exam. This exam is basically formulated to find eligible candidates for national-level scholarship programs. Only the students studying in class 10th will be eligible to appear for this exam. NTSE is organized once a year in two stages i.e. Stage I and Stage II.
Stage I examination is conducted at the state level by all the states and Union Territories of India. Whereas Stage II exam is conducted at the National level and the only Stage I qualified candidates will be able to take part in the Stage II exam. The students who will qualify for both the Stages i.e. Stage-I and Stage-I will be rewarded the Scholarship. Moreover, the scholarship will be given based on the overall performance of students in Stage-I and Stage-II. The application form for the NTSE exam needs to be filled in online mode and the examination will be held in offline mode.
NTSE Exam 2023 Highlights
|Exam Name||National Talent Search Examination (NTSE)|
|Conducting authority||National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)|
|Level of Exam||
|Medium of exam||English and Hindi|
NTSE Exam 2023 Important Dates
|Events||Stage I Dates||Stage II Dates|
|Application form releases||November 2022||No need for registration|
|NTSE Admit card release date||December 2022||Third week of May 2023|
|NTSE Exam dates||December 2022||June 2023|
|NTSE Result||January- March 2023||October 2023|
- Only candidates of Indian nationality can apply for NTSE 2023.
- The candidates must be studying in class 10 from a recognized private or government school/ Board in India.
- Candidates who are unemployed, below the age of 18 years, and studying in class 10 from open or distance learning then are also eligible to apply for the NTSE exam.
- The candidates will only be able to apply for the second stage if they successfully qualify the Stage I.
- The Indian students, who are studying outside India and want to apply for NTSE 2023, need to send their class 9th mark sheet attested copy to the head of the Educational Survey Division, NCERT before 31st December 2023.
NTSE Exam 2023 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can fill NTSE Application form both offline and online mode. For offline mode, the application form will be distributed separately by different states.
- The candidate must ensure to take a print of the form using 8.5” * 14” size paper while downloading the form.
- The application form that is available online/ offline only by State/ UT liaison officer will be applicable for the Stage 1 exam.
- The candidate will have to leave the 4- digit center code blank in the form as it will be filled by the liaison officer or center superintendent or concerned district officer.
For Indian Students
- Indian students can get the application form on the official website of NCERT.
- After duly filling the form, candidates need to get their form signed by their school principal.
- At last, candidates have to submit their application forms to the State Liaison Officer before the last date of form submission.
For Indian Students Studying Abroad
- Indian students who are studying abroad are eligible to apply directly for the Stage II exam.
- However, they need to download the application form for Stage II through the official website of NCERT.
- After filling out the application form, candidates need to send it along with a photocopy of the mark sheet of the last exam to the address below:
Head, Educational Survey Division,
National Council of Educational Research and Training,
Sri Aurobindo Marg,
New Delhi 110016.
- The application fee for Stage I will depend on the different states and union territories.
- There is no application charge for Stage-II NTSE Exam.
- Stage-I will be a state and union territory level exam.
- Stage I examination will be held offline i.e. (pen and paper-based test).
- The Stage-I exam will have two papers namely Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Paper 1 will include Mental Ability while Paper 2 will test the Scholastic Ability of the candidates.
- Total of 200 questions with 1 mark each (200 marks both) will be there.
- The Stage I exam does not hold any negative marking.
- The Stage II exam will be organized at the national level.
- NCERT will conduct this exam.
- Stage II examination will be held offline i.e. (pen and paper-based tests).
- The Stage II exam will have two papers namely Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Paper 1 will test the Mental Ability of candidates while Paper 2 will have the Scholastic Ability.
- A total of 200 questions with 1 mark each (200 marks on both papers 1 and 2) will be there.
- The Stage II exam does not hold any negative markings.
Paper wise distribution of marks:
|Papers||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time duration|
|Paper 1- MAT||100||100||120 minutes|
|Paper 2- SAT||100 (Science- 40, Social Science- 40, Math- 20)||100||120 minutes|
Minimum Qualifying Score Required in Class 9th
|State||Minimum Qualifying Marks (General category)||Minimum Qualifying Marks (Reserved category)|
|Jammu & Kashmir||60%||55%|
NTSE Exam 2023 Qualifying Score
|Category||MAT Qualifying Marks||SAT Qualifying Marks|
|Gen/ OBC/ EWS||40%||40%|
|SC/ ST/ PH||32%||32%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||10%|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||4%|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: When will the online application form for NTSE Exam Stage I 2023 begin?
Ans. The application form for NTSE Stage I exam will be released in October 2022.
Question: Is there any negative marking in NTSE Stage I Exam?
Ans. No, there will be no negative marking in both stages of NTSE.
Question: What is the official website to apply for NTSE Exam?
Ans. The official website is www.ncert.nic.in.
|Jio Scholarship 2023||TCS NQT 2023 Registration|