Punjab University Common Entrance Test commonly known as PUCET is a state level entrance examination which is commenced by Punjab University annually. This examination is conducted once a year by the Punjab University, Chandigarh to enroll eligible and qualified aspirants in the programmes such as B.Pharmacy, B.Sc. (Hons.), Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS), UG and PG Courses in the field of Engineering, Management, Humanities, Commerce, IT and Law. Punjab University will release the application forms for PUCET 2023 most probably in the 3rd week of July 2023 for UG courses and in the 2nd week of April 2023 for PG courses. If the aspirants clear the entrance examination, then he / she will be granted admission in the course of their choice in Punjab University, Chandigarh and its affiliated institutions.
Aspirants will be able to fill and submit the application form only through the official website of Punjab University, Chandigarh. Through this article, we have provided the complete details about PUCET 2023 for instance, admission dates for both UG and PG courses, eligibility criteria, application form, application fee, exam pattern, results, etc.
PUCET 2023 Highlights
|Name of Exam||PUCET 2023|
|Examination Full form||Panjab University Common Entrance Test|
|Types of Exam||UG/ PG Level|
|Level of exam||University Level|
|Conducting Body||Punjab University|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|PUCET 2023 Exam Date||Announced Soon|
PUCET 2023 Important Dates
|Events||Dates (UG courses)||Dates (PG courses)|
|Availability of Online Application Form||3rd week of July, 2023||2nd week of April, 2023|
|Last date to submit the Application form||2nd week of August, 2023||1st week of July, 2023|
|Deadline for depositing application fee in any branch of State Bank of India using official web page generated Challan||3rd week of August, 2023||2nd week of July, 2023|
|Last date for deposit of fee through online facility||3rd week of August, 2023||4th week of July, 2023|
|Last date for uploading of passport photograph and signature||3rd week of August, 2023||2nd week of July, 2023|
|Admit Card issue date||4th week of August, 2023||3rd week of July, 2023|
|Date of entrance test||1st week of September, 2023||1st week of August, 2023|
|Answer Key release date||1st week of September, 2023||1st week of August, 2023|
|Due date for submitting objections against answer key||2nd week of September, 2023||2nd week of August, 2023|
|Result||2nd week of September, 2023||3rd week of August, 2023|
PUCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria stated by the Punjab University, Chandigarh is given in the section below:
- Only candidates of Indian Nationality can take part in the entrance test.
- In case the candidate is applying for BHMS then he/ she must have completed the age 17 years as of 31st December 2022 at the time of application form submission.
- Expectant who have successfully passed class 12th or appearing in class 12th from CBSE board or some equivalent board is eligible to apply for the exam.
- While applying also assure that the participant has cleared class 12th examination with subjects such as English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
PUCET 2023 Application Form
- The Registration forms for PUCET 2023 will be released through online mode at the official website of Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- The registration process for Under Graduate programs will be regulated from the third week of July 2023.
- Complete registration schedule for the PG Courses is going to be available from the second week of April 2023.
- Expectants must fill up the complete application form with all required details and supporting documents.
- Details filled by the seeker in application form must be authentic and original, any alteration in the information of the candidates can lead to the rejection of application form.
- Candidates must make sure that they submit their application from on or before the prescribed dates.
- We advised the admission seekers to get a printout of filled PUCET application form 2023 and fee receipt for future references.
The PUCET Application Fee submission modes include both online and offline mode. Facilities such as Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking and Challan Payment gateways will be available for the transaction of PUCET application fee.
The complete Application fee structure is given below for the reference of the applicants:
|General category||INR 2175/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||INR 1088/-|
|Additional Subject (for both General and SC/ ST/ PWD)||INR 575/-|
- Number of Sections in the Exam: 6
- Time for each section: 70 minutes
- Number of questions in each section: 60
- Marks for each question: 2
- Negative marking: 0.25
- Total marks for each section: 120
- Medium of Exam: English
- Mode of Exam: Offline (OMR)
Distribution of Marks and Questions:
|Subjects||Total number of Questions||Total marks||Duration of Exam|
|Paper – I Physics||60||120||70 minutes|
|Paper – II Chemistry||60||120||70 minutes|
|Paper – III Biology||60||120||70 minutes|
|Paper – IV Mathematics||60||120||70 minutes|
|Paper – V Biotechnology||60||120||70 minutes|
|Paper – VI Computer Science||60||120||70 minutes|
PUCET 2023 Results
The results of the offline OMR based examination will be declared via online mode i.e. only at the official website of the exam conducting authority which is Punjab University, Chandigarh. The announcement of the outcome will mostly be done in the month of August and September. If the expectant feels any need for re-evaluation or rechecking their answer key, then there will be no such facility. Authorities of Punjab University will prepare the merit list as per the marks obtained in the entrance test.