Punjab State Eligibility Test (Punjab SET) is a state-level entrance test that is conducted to select candidates for the post of Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship in various colleges/ institutions/ universities in Punjab state. Moreover, Punjab State Organization is responsible for organizing this entrance test. And the whole admission process is regulated by the Punjab State Organization itself. Therefore, all the eligible aspirants who are seeking a career in the field of teaching in various colleges in Punjab state can apply before the last date. The candidates will be recruited as Assistant Professors or JRF based on their marks in Punjab SET only. Meanwhile, the application form for the same has been released by the conducting board. Therefore, applicants who want to apply for Punjab SET 2022 must check out this full article. Check Punjab SET important dates, the application process, eligibility norms, exam pattern, etc.
Punjab SET 2022 Overview
|Name of the Exam||Punjab SET|
|Full-Form||Punjab State Eligibility Test|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Conducting Body||Punjab State Organization|
|Exam Purpose||To shortlist candidates as Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship in Punjab colleges.|
|Mode of the Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper mode)|
|Date of the Exam||2nd week of August 2022|
Punjab SET 2022 Important Dates
|Online registration begins||1st week of July 2022|
|Last date to register||3rd week of July 2022|
|Last date to apply with late fee||3rd week of July 2022|
|Admit card release date||1st week of August 2022|
|Exam date||2nd week of August 2022|
|Declaration of result||3rd week of August 2022|
- Candidates must have obtained a postgraduate degree from a recognized university/ institution.
- They have to secure at least 55% marks in the master’s degree or equivalent examination.
- OBC (Non- creamy layer) / SC/ ST/ PH candidates have to secure at least 50% marks in master’s degree.
- Candidates who have still not completed their master’s degree and appearing in the exam can also apply.
Punjab SET 2022 Application Form
- In the first step, interested applicants have to visit the official website of the conducting authority i.e. – www.pseb.ac.in.
- Applicants need to submit the application form before the last date of submission i.e. before the last week of July 2022.
- There will be no other mode except online mode to fill out the Punjab SET application form.
- Enter all your details as asked in the Punjab SET application form such as personal plus educational details.
- Upload all your important certificates if required in the Punjab SET Application form.
- Recheck all the details twice in the application form carefully and correctly before submitting the form.
- Pay the application fee online mode via Challan, credit card, debit card, net banking, NEFT, or another available payment gateway. The application fee will be non-refundable in any circumstances.
- Lastly, applicants need to take out a few hard copies of the confirmation page for important uses in the future.
There will be three Papers in the Punjab SET exam:
- Paper 1: Research and Teaching Aptitude
- Paper 2 and Paper 3 will be based on the respective subject.
- Punjab SET will be conducted in objective mode.
- The test will include a total no. of three papers.
- To assess the General Aptitude of students, there will be only one common paper i.e. (Paper-I) for all, and Paper- I will contain 60 questions of 2 marks each in which candidates will have to answer 50 questions only.
- 2nd and 3rd papers will be on the relevant subject concerned.
- The IInd paper will consist of 50 compulsory questions of 2 marks each.
- IIIrd paper will have 75 compulsory questions of 2 marks each.
Punjab SET 2022Result
On the official website of the Punjab State Organizing department, the entrance exam result will be declared. Those candidates who will appear in the Punjab SET Examination; can check their results through online mode. The result will be declared once the answer key session is completed. The result will be declared on the basis of marks obtained in the examination by the applicants. Applicants will be eligible to get a post of Junior Research Fellowship or Assistant Professor offered in the colleges and University of Punjab state.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: When is the Punjab SET to be held?
Ans. The entrance test is scheduled to be held on the 2nd week of August 2022 Tentatively.
Question: What is the mode of examination for Punjab SET 2022?
Ans. Offline i.e. pen and paper-based mode.
Question: Why is Punjab State Eligibility Test conducted?
Ans. To select candidates for the post of Assistant Professor or JRF in various colleges/ institutes of Punjab state.