PUTHAT (Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test) is a state-level entrance exam that is regulated every year for the candidates seeking admission in the undergraduate courses i.e. Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management, Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology in the Punjab state. Furthermore, Panjab University is responsible for conducting this test every year for the eligible aspirants. Consequently, those students who want to make their career in this field should not miss this chance to get admission to this institute through their examination process. However, it is equally important for the eligible aspirants to apply for the PUTHAT 2023 after gathering complete details related to it. They should apply for the exam before the deadline to avoid any last moment hurry.
PUTHAT 2023 Highlights
|Name of Exam||PUTHAT|
|Full form||Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test 2023|
|Type of Exam||Undergraduate|
|Conducting Body||Panjab University|
|Frequency of exam||Once a year|
|Offered courses||Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM)|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Duration of Exam||60 minutes|
PUTHAT 2023 Important Schedule
|Application form and prospectus release||March 2023|
|Last date to register||April 2023|
|Last date to deposit the fee||To Be Announced|
|Documents uploading||To Be Announced|
|Correction in the form||To Be Announced|
|Admit card release date||To Be Announced|
|Entrance exam||To Be Announced|
|Result announcement||To Be Announced|
|Counseling session||To Be Announced|
Before applying for, contenders need to satisfy the important eligibility criteria as laid down by the Panjab University:
- Candidates must have cleared 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from in any discipline. However, it is necessary for them to pass the qualifying examination with English as one of the compulsory subjects from the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, or its equivalent board.
- The minimum age limit of the candidate should be 17 years during admission.
PUTHAT 2023 Application Form
Candidates, who want to appear in test, are requested to fill the application form by obtaining it via online mode. They should fill the form by following below steps:
- First of all, aspirants should open the authorized web page of the Panjab University i.e. www.puthat.puchd.ac.in.
- Before starting the application fill-in process, candidates should read all the instructions as mentioned in the application form very carefully.
- Complete the registration process before the due date.
- Once the registration process is successful, registered candidates will receive the login credentials on their valid registered email ID.
- The candidate should not forget to take the printout of the bank slip.
- Applicants need to make the payment of the application fee by paying Rs.880/- (Rs.440/- for candidates from SC/ST category) at any nearest State Bank of India branch.
- After the payment of the application fee, candidates will be able to log in to their account and upload a scanned copy of their signature, photograph, and other details as per the mentioned size and formats.
- Total number of questions: 100 questions
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice Questions (Objective based)
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Language: English only
- Marking scheme: +1 mark for each correct response
- Negative marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect solution
- Subjects: 4 i.e. English aptitude, current affairs, reasoning, and Hospitality Industry Awareness.
Distribution of questions as per subjects:
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Current affairs and General Awareness||20|
|Hospitality Industry Awareness||30|
PUTHAT 2023 Result
The candidates who will appear in the exam, can access the results in October 2023 after the finalization of the entrance examination. They can find the results on the official university website in online mode. The candidates must enter their hall ticket/ admit card number on the official website to get the results online. They should also take a printout of the results downloaded.
PUTHAT 2023 Counselling
The counseling process of PUTHAT will only be applicable for the applicants who qualify for the test by getting the required cut-off percentage. Such candidates are told to download and submit the second part of the admission form which can be downloaded from the UIHTM website. The applicant has to submit the admission form together with the necessary documents before the final date. Additionally, selected contenders must bring in the original documents for the two rounds of counselling sessions.
Essential Documents/ Certificates/ Mark sheets:
- Counselling letter
- Admit card
- SSC mark sheet and certificate
- HSC mark sheet and certificate
- Category certificate
- Medical certificate
- Character certificate
- Transfer certificate
|Terrorist Victim/ Riot||2%|