The Reserve Bank of India is the only competent authority that conducts RBI Grade B Exam every year. It is a national-level examination through which candidates are recruited for the posts of Officers in Grade ‘B’ (General) – DSIM, DEPR, and DR in Common Seniority Group (CSG). The application forms for RBI Grade B are released on the official website every year. Moreover, the exam is organized in two phases i.e. RBI Grade B Phase I Exam and RBI Grade B Phase II Exam. Those students who clear both these phases will be eligible for recruitment. However, before applying for the same, candidates should check out this complete article. Apart from this, it is also very necessary for the candidates to check whether they fulfill the eligibility criteria or not. Read this full post to gather complete info.
RBI Grade B Exam 2023 Overview
|Name of the examination||RBI Grade B Recruitment|
|Conducting body||Reserve Bank of India|
|Exam Purpose||To appoint the candidates for the posts of Officers in Grade ‘B’ (General)- DSIM, DEPR, and DR in Common Seniority Group (CSG)|
|Level of examination||National level|
|No. of Attempts||6|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
|Duration of Exam||
RBI Grade B Exam 2023 Important Dates
|Official notification release||September 2023|
|Online registration starts from||September 2023|
|Last date of form submission||October 2023|
|RBI Grade B Phase I Exam||November 2023|
|RBI Grade B Phase I Results||November 2023|
|RBI Grade B Phase II Exam (General)||December 2023|
|RBI Grade B Phase II Exam (DSIM and DEPR)||December 2023|
|RBI Grade B Phase II Exam Results||December 2023|
|Final provisional allotment||April 2023|
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen or a citizen of Nepal or Bhutan or a Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who migrated from other countries such as Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, or several East African countries and those who wanted to settle in India permanently.
- Any candidate who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized college or university with a minimum of 60% marks for General category candidates and 50% for those who belong to SC, ST, and PWD categories.
- Along with this, it is also necessary for the candidates to have attained at least 60% marks in class 10th as well as 12th if they belong to General Category and at least 50% marks for SC, ST, and PWD category.
- The age of the candidate must fall between 21-30 years as of September 1, 2023.
- However, the upper age limit for those candidates who hold an M.Phil. and Ph.D. degrees are 32 and 34 years respectively.
- The reservations for the reserved category will be provided as per the Indian Government norms.
The basic pay of an RBI Grade B Officer is Rs. 35, 000/- per month and the average total in-hand salary is Rs. 65,000 to 68,000/- per month initially. However, the salary for RBI Grade B Officers varies from the area of posting.
RBI Grade B Phase – I Exam Pattern
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
RBI Grade B Phase II Exam Pattern
|Subjects||Type of Paper||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Economics and social issues||Objective type||100||90 minutes|
|Paper 2 English (Writing Skills)||Descriptive (to be typed with keyboard)||100||90 minutes|
|Paper 3 Finance and Management||Objective type||100||90 minutes|
Interview: After qualifying the Phase II (Written test), candidates will be called for an interview by the authorities of RBI. The Interview round will include 50 marks. Candidates can answer the questions in English or Hindi language as per their choice in the interview round.
RBI Grade B Recruitment 2023 Application Form
- The applicants have to visit the official website of the Reserve Bank of India i.e. rbi.org.in.
- In the application form, candidates are required to enter some personal as well as educational details.
- After filling the form they need to upload the digitally scanned copies of the photograph, signature, thumb impression, and handwritten declaration.
- Once the documents are uploaded, pay the application charges that can be initiated through Net Banking or Debit/Credit cards.
|SSC CPO Exam 2023||12th Pass Govt Jobs|
|General/ OBC category||INR 850/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD category||INR 100/-|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the official site to apply for RBI Grade B Exam Recruitment 2023?
Ans. To apply for this exam, candidates need to visit the official site i.e. www.rbi.org.in.
Question: What educational qualification is required for Grade B Exam Recruitment?
Ans. A graduation degree in any discipline must be there in order to be eligible for this exam.
Question: What are the age criteria to apply for this exam?
Ans. The age of the candidates must be between 21 years to 30 years but, the relaxations in age will be provided to reserved category candidates as per the Indian government norms.