RGUHS Admission 2023: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Bangalore, Karnataka is known as RGUHS in short. It was established in 1996 in Bangalore by the Govt. of Karnataka. RGUHS has been ranked among the top Universities in India that provide the best education. The University has various medical, dental, and paramedical colleges. It offers various UG, PG, and doctoral courses.
RGUHS offers admission in various UG and some PG courses on meri-basis in the last qualifying examination. On the other hand, the University offers some other PG and Ph.D. courses based on the entrance test conducted by the University itself. It invites applications from eligible candidates every year to offer admission in different courses. Here come the important details of RGUHS admission 2023. Hence, the candidates can check the details before applying for admissions.
Important Dates- RGUHS Admission 2023
|Course||Release of applications||Entrance Exam Dates|
|UG Courses||2nd week of July 2023||4th week of August 2023|
|UG Nursing Courses||4th week of April 2023||4th week of May 2023|
|PG Courses||4th week of April 2023||4th week of May 2023|
|PG Super Specialization Courses||2nd week of May 2023||4th week of June 2023|
UG Courses- RGUHS Admission 2023
- The candidates need to be an Indian national.
- The applicants should have cleared12th from Science stream from a recognized Board like CBSE/ISC/State Board or equivalent.
- However, the minimum eligibility and selection procedure can be checked for UG courses, as the same is mentioned below.
|Courses||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Procedure|
All the applicants are required to pass 12th scoring a minimum of 50% from the Science stream with subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from a recognized Board.
Admissions will be offered based on the entrance exam
|B.N.Y.S (Naturopathy & Yoga)|
|B.U.M.S (Unani Medicine)|
|BDS||For this course, the applicants are required to pass 12th from Science stream from a recognized Board.|
The admissions in UG courses will be provided based on the performance of the applicants in the entrance exam. As a result, the meritorious candidates will be shortlisted on a merit basis. After this, finally selected applicants can go ahead with the further admission procedure. Other important steps for admission include document verification, obtaining a receipt of relevant fees at the time of admission.
PG Courses- RGUHS Admission 2023
- The applicants must be an Indian national.
- They must have completed graduation with B.Sc from a recognized University.
- For M.Sc courses, an applicant must have a graduation degree from a recognized University.
- For M.Sc Nursing admission, it is mandatory to have a valid B.Sc nursing degree from a recognized University.
- If an applicant is interested to get admission to the Physiotherapy course then he/she must have a B.Sc in Physiotherapy or a B.P.T from a recognized institute.
- For the Ayurveda course, a BAMS degree is required, whereas a BNYS degree is needed to get admission in Yoga & Naturopathy and for the Homeopathy course the eligibility required is a BHMS degree.
- As far as the age limit is concerned, the candidates must be less than 45 years.
|Courses||Eligibility Required||Selection Procedure|
|MDS||The applicants must have a BDS degree from a recognized University.||
The admissions will be provided based on the entrance examination.
|M.Sc||For M.Sc admission, and applicants should have a graduation degree in B.Sc in relevant subject from a recognized University.|
|M.D. (Doctor of Medicine)||An applicant must have an MBBS degree from a recognized University to apply for an M.D. course.|
|M.Pharm||The candidates have to be a graduate in B.Pharm from a recognized University for M.Pharm admission.|
|M.S. (Master of Surgery)||The candidates applying for this course must have completed an MBBS degree from a recognized University by MCI.|
The selection procedure for admission to the PG course will start after the completion of the application process. For this, the University will conduct the entrance examination to shortlist the candidates for admission. This test is conducted most probably in the 1st week of June every year. The merit of a qualifying degree will also be considered for admission.
PD.M.& M.Ch Courses
- The applicants should be Indian citizens.
- The subject of an MD/MS degree should be relevant in the field being pursued.
- General Medicine & Paediatric will be accepted for almost all the DM courses (except for Anesthesia). This is the course for which MD in Anesthesia is needed.
- Also, the age of the candidates should be less than 48 hours.
|D.M.||To apply for admission in the D.M. course, you must have passed an MBBS degree from a University recognized by MCI, and an MD/MS degree or equivalent from a recognized University.||Admissions will be provided based on the entrance exam.|
For the Ph.D. course, the selection procedure will consider a qualifying degree. However, if deemed necessary by the University, an interview may be conducted.
- The applicants should be a citizen of India.
- They must have a Master’s degree from a recognized University.
- They must have obtained 55%at the level of an Oncology course which will accept a certain M.Sc degree also needed for admission.
How to apply for RGUHS Admission 2023?
- First of all, visit the official website of the University rguhs.ac.in and go to the admission section.
- Now, click on the link “Online Application for Admission 2023”.
- In the next step, register yourself as a new candidate.
- Now, start filling up the form carefully and finally click on submit.
- For PG courses, the application fee is Rs. 3000/- for General candidates, and for reserved categories the application fee is Rs. 750/-.
- For UG courses, the application fee is Rs. 400/-for General candidates and Rs. 100/- for reserved categories.
- For the Ph.D. course, the application fee amount is Rs. 2500/-.
NOTE- The candidates must note that the fee can be paid through online mode using a Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking.
Visit the official website www.rguhs.ac.in to get more updates on RGUHS admissions 2023.