Short Term Studentship or STS Scholarship scheme is run by the organization of ICMR. Eligible candidates will get 10,000 Rupees per month via this scholarship so that they will be able to apply for the professional courses.
Those candidates who are pursuing medical courses in various universities/institutions of India will be eligible to avail Scholarship. Those who are seeking to apply for this scholarship can do the same from December. However, this should be clarified that candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply for STS Scholarship 2023. This scholarship scheme will be highly beneficial for the students who are studying to be doctors in the upcoming age. Meanwhile, eligible candidates can easily apply for this scholarship from the official website of the organization.
STS Scholarship 2023 Details
|Name of the scholarship||Short Term Studentship (STS) 2023|
|The objective of the scholarship||Providing scholarships to eligible candidates|
|Beneficiaries||For the students who are pursuing medical courses|
STS Scholarship 2023 Important Dates
|Registration process commencement date||December|
|Ending of the registration process||January|
|Application and research proposal submission||2nd week of January to 4th week of January|
|Announcement of result||April|
- Only MBBS/ BDS students of Medical/ Dental colleges recognized by the DCI/ MCI will be able to apply before appearing for their final exams.
- PG students/ Interns are not eligible to apply.
- All the candidates having PIO Cards/ OCI cards/ NRI’s studying in an Indian Medical/ Dental college can apply provided they submit a copy of the PIO/ OPI/ NRI card along with the application form.
- Non-medical/ Paramedical students are not eligible to apply for the program.
- Indian students studying in recognized Medical/ Dental institutions are eligible.
- Candidates studying in Foreign Dental/ Medical colleges are not eligible.
- The candidate must have done the research in his/ her own college under a guide who is employed as a full-time faculty in the same institution/ college. Part-time faculty/ Residents/ PG Students/ Visiting faculty cannot be the guide for the candidates.
Only one student must be working under one guide.
- Two or more students are not eligible to work on the same topic as research.
- Different students submitting the same research topic is not allowed.
- One student must hold only one guide and the other co-guides. However, ICMR examines only the Main Guide for all purposes.
STS Scholarship 2023 Rewards and Benefits
The rewards and benefits under Scholarship are:
- Approximately 1500 (300- BDS and 1200- MBBS) students can avail of this scholarship.
- The studentship amount of INR 10,000 per month will be provided for 2 months (total INR 20,000).
- This amount is considered to be the fee for the research scholar.
- The studentship will only be paid once the research and approval of the final report are done.
- Research expenses have to be borne by the institution/ college where the research is completed.
- A certificate will be posted to the College office/ Principals’ office within 6- 8 months of the release of the report result.
- The certificate and stipend will be awarded to the candidates only if their STS report is approved.
STS Scholarship 2023 Application Process
- First of all visit the official website of the scholarship organization.
- The home page will open on your screen where you will find the STS Application Form.
- In the Scholarship Form, enter a valid email ID, phone number, course details like name of the student, course, college name and address, date of birth, and residential address.
- After the successful registration, provide a name in the ‘Sentence case’. ‘Mr/ Ms’ should not be affixed with the name.
- If shortlisted, the student will get a stipend/ fee and a certificate in his/ her name.
- Candidates must mention the complete postal address of the college along with the phone number and email ID in the application form for further communication.
- A duly filled and attested Application Attestation Form (AAF) needs to be submitted along with the application form.
- The Application Attestation Form (AAF) must be duly and accurately filled, signed, scanned, attested, and saved as a PDF document (for further usage).
The applicant must submit the following documents while applying for the Scholarship:
- Passport size photograph
- Research proposal
- Institutional Ethics Committee (IEC)/ Institutional Animal Ethics Committee (IAEC) approval letter (non-mandatory)
STS Scholarship 2023 Selection Process
The applicant must follow the below selection procedure in order to apply for the scholarship:
- The selection committee will have a panel of experts that selects the aspirants after the technical evaluation.
- The officials will evaluate the research proposal and applications of the candidates for shortlisting them.
- The official authority will release the result to declare the names of the nominated applicants.
- All the students must take out the hard copy of the result from the official website of STS organizing authority for future reference.
- The ICMR’s decision in relation to selection will be final.
- The authority will not entertain any requests for the same.