The Block is a Nine Network reality show based in Australia. As four or five couples battle to refurbish and decorate houses/apartments for the greatest price at auction, the programme chronicles their journey. Jamie Durie presented the first two seasons of the original series, which aired from 2003 to 2004.
A third season of The Block, presented by TV presenter and constructor Scott Cam, premiered on the Nine Network on September 22nd, 2010, six years after the show had been off the air. Co-host Shelley Craft debuted in the fourth season and has been with the show ever since. Every episode of The Block includes significant brand sponsorships from one of the many commercial sponsors.
The Block Australia 2023: Highlights
|Starring||Keith Schleiger and Dan Reilly|
|Creation||Julian Cress and David Barbour|
|Judges||John McGrath, Shaynna Blaze, Neale Whitaker, Darren Palmer, Romy Alwill|
|Country of Origin||Australia|
|Original Release Date||1st June 2003|
About the Show
The first season of the programme featured four couples who had previously been together renovating a run-down apartment building in a Sydney neighborhood, with each pair remodeling a separate unit over the course of 12 weeks with a budget of a $40,000. The flats were subsequently sold at closeout, with each pair retaining any profit earned above a predetermined saving cost, and the couple with the most notable profit receiving a reward of a $100,000. The current structure is essentially the same as the previous one, with the difference that the series, for the most part, has five couples, is mostly set in Melbourne, and has a financial budget of about $100,000.
Season five premiered in 2012. Season five, like season four, keeps the four distinct homes structure rather than the four apartments in a single apartment building seen in previous seasons. Season five takes place in four neighboring multi-story townhouses in Melbourne. The first three seasons broadcast weekly for 13, 26, and 9 weeks, respectively.
The Block Australia 2023 Application Procedure
- Those participants who are willing to apply should read the show’s full terms and conditions.
- To participate, you should complete the application form if you are qualified.
- The show’s application form would be accessible on the show’s official website.
- Participants should enter all true and reliable information in the application form; otherwise, the form will be denied.
- Participants may put in information such as their name, valid email address, active phone number, and so on.
- After completing the form, you must upload a short video.
- If your application is shortlisted, the team will contact you for the next step.
- Nationality Proof
- Address Proof
- Certificate of Date of Birth
- School Certificate
- Passport Size images recent
- All documents of photocopies
- All other documents
- To apply for the programme, the competitor should carry Nationality proof for participation in the show.
- To participate, the individual must have a valid work authorization card.
- The contestant’s mental and physical state must be in excellent working order for the programme to go on.
- The individual was never arrested or charged with a crime.
- All required qualifying information may be found on the show’s online webpage.
- Participant’s Name
- Participant’s Age
- Date of Birth
- Gender of Participant
- Address of Participant
- Email ID which is valid
- Other needed Information
The Block Australia 2023: Guidelines
- Couples should be between the ages of 18 and 65, active, and witty.
- During the first week of shooting, first-round couples would be cut to final participants.
- The winning pair should be ready for a 10 to 12-week shoot starting in late January 2020. Dates will be announced closer to the time of the shooting.
- The Block’s site has yet to be determined.
- During the filming, you would not be prepared to operate.
- While both partners should have prior home remodeling expertise, it is not necessary.
- Only long-term couples, families, and long-lasting friendships need to apply.
- Submissions from all across Australia are welcome.
- Selected contestants will be given a weekly stipend to meet the basic standard of living costs and expenditures while shooting The Block.
- If you don’t finish all of the application’s components, such as the video, your application would be rejected.
- Only online applications are accepted. Entries in hardcopy would not be approved or evaluated.
Applications for participation in The Block auditions would be thoroughly reviewed by Lucky Break. Entrants that have been shortlisted would be notified by the end of December 2019. Join Lucky Break Creative on Facebook and Instagram for progress reports and breakthrough Block news.
The Block Australia 2023: Previous Winners
|Season 1||Adam Thorn Fiona Mills||2003|
|Season 2||Andrew Rochford Jamie Nicholson||2004|
|Season 3||John and Neisha Pitt||2010|
|Season 4||Polly Porter Warwick “Waz” Jones||2011|
|Season 5||Brad Cranfield Lara Welham||2012|
|Season 6||Phil Rankine Amity Dry||2013|
|Season 7||Alisa and Lysandra Fraser||2013|
|Season 8||Steve O’Donnell Chantelle Ford||2014|
|Season 9||Shannon and Simon Voss||2014|
|Season 10||Darren and Deanne Jolly||2015|
|Season 11||Dean and Shay Paine||2015|
|Season 12||William Bethune Karlie Cicero||2016|
|Season 13||Elyse Knowles Josh Barker||2017|
|Season 14||Hayden and Sara Vale||2018|
|Season 15||Tess Cattana Luke Struber||2019|
|Season 16||Jimmy and Tam Wilkins||2020|
|Season 17||To be Announced||2021|
|Season 18||To be Announced||2023|
Note: This is not the official website of this show, for more details candidates can access the official page link given above on this page.