Tata Institute of Fundamental Research offers five-year integrated MSc and Ph.D. programs to eligible students. For admission to such courses, TIFR conducts an entrance examination which is organized nationally. TIFR GS exam for biology is named as Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS). The entrance exam for TIFR GS will be objective type. The objective of TIFR is to provide research opportunities for talented students. To get all the details related to TIFR GS such as application form, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, etc. check below:
TIFR GS 2023 Overview
|Name of the Examination||Graduate School Admissions- Entrance Exam|
|Conducting board||Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)|
|Admissions to||Ph.D. Programs|
TIFR GS 2023 Important Dates:
For Ph.D. And Integrated M.Sc. – Ph.D. Programs
|Application form availability||3rd week of October 2022|
|Last date to apply||3rd week of November 2022|
|Admit card availability||1st week of December 2022|
|Entrance exam date||2nd week of December 2022|
|Result declaration||February 2023|
|Interview date||Coming soon|
- Ph.D.: Candidates who have completed M.A. / M.Sc. / M.Tech are eligible to apply.
- Integrated -Ph.D: Those candidates who have completed their B.A. / B.E. / B.Tech/ B.Sc. degree are eligible. Students who hold an M.Sc. degree are not eligible.
- Ph.D.: Candidates must have passed M.Sc. / M.Sc. in Physics, or its equivalent degree in order to be eligible to apply.
- Integrated Ph.D: A degree of B.Tech/ B.E. / B.S. / B.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. / B.Chem. in Physics, Engineering Physics, or its equivalent is required.
- Ph.D: A degree of M.Sc. / M.Pharm/ B.E. / B.Tech. is must.
- Integrated Ph.D.: Applicants who hold a B.Sc. / B.S. / B.Pharm degree or equivalent degree can apply.
- Ph.D.: Master’s degree in basic Science is mandatory to appear for the examination.
- Integrated Ph.D.: A Bachelor’s degree in basic Science is required to be eligible.
M.Sc. (Wildlife Biology & Conservation):
Any Indian National candidates having a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline (with at least 50% in core subjects) are eligible. The candidate must hold a strong interest in wildlife research and conservation.
Computer & Systems Sciences (Communications and Applied Probability):
Ph.D: Candidates having B.Tech. / M.Sc. / MCA/ M.E. / M.Tech/ B.E. or equivalent degree in Computer Science / Electronics & Communications Engineering / Electrical Engineering or related branches are eligible to apply.
TIFR GS 2023 Application Form
- Candidates can collect the application form for TIFR GS through its official website. Just follow the steps below to apply for the same.
- Go to the official website of TIFR GS i.e. www.tifr.res.in.
- Find the application form link there and register yourself first.
- Fill the online application form with all the necessary data correctly required in it.
- Enter your basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, and other details aptly.
- Upload your scanned signature, thumb impression, and passport photograph, and other certificates/ documents online as per the mentioned quality and size.
- Make a payment of the application fee via UPI/ Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking Etc.
|Male candidates||INR 1200/-|
|Female candidates||INR 600/-|
|Questions Type||Objective type MCQ questions.|
|Marking Scheme||+3 for the correct answer, +5 for the Numerical and Symbolic section.|
|Negative Marking||-1 in the MCQ section only.|
|Type of Questions||Objective type MCQ Questions.|
|Total number of Questions||40 Questions.|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Marking Scheme||+ 3 marks for the right answer.|
|Negative Marking||-1 mark for every incorrect answer.|
- Duration of the exam: 03 hours.
- Total Questions: 20 (true/ false) and 20 (multiple-choice questions)
- 02 types of Objective type MCQ and true/ false questions.
- Type of Questions: Objective type MCQ Questions.
- Sections: Mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology.
For Computer & Systems Sciences
- Duration of the Exam: 3 hours
- Type of Questions: MCQ-based Questions.
- Negative marking: – 1 mark for every incorrect answer.
|JEST Exam||ICMR JRF|
TIFR GS 2023 FAQs
Question: What is the official website to register for TIFR GS?
Ans. The authorized web portal is www.tifr.res.in.
Question: Which authority will conduct GS entrance exam?
Ans. It will be organized by the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR).
Question: What are the courses offered under TIFR GS?
Ans. 5 years Integrated MSc and Ph.D. programs.
Question: Is there any offline mode to apply for TIFR GS 2023?
Ans. No, the only mode to apply is online.
Question: What academic qualification is required for M.Sc. (Wildlife Biology & Conservation)?
Ans. Any Indian National candidates who have completed a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline (with at least 50% in core subjects) are eligible. The candidate must hold a strong interest in wildlife research and conservation.