Annamalai University is the competent authority that conducts TNSET (Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test) every year. It is a state-level entrance examination conducted for the recruitment of Assistant professors in various Universities and Institutes. It will be regulated for 26 subjects. TNSET Application forms are released in the month of July. Aspirants are advised to check the eligibility norms set by the Conducting Authority in order to apply for this exam. Check TNSET 2023 important dates, eligibility, and all the other information below in the full post:
TNSET 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||TNSET (Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test)|
|Conducting Authority||Annamalai University|
|Basis of Entrance Exam Conduction||To recruit candidates for the post of Assistant Professor in Tamil Nadu Universities/ Institutes|
|Application mode||Online and offline|
TNSET 2023 Important dates
|Online registration begins from||1st week of July 2023|
|Online registration closes on||July 2023|
|Admit card releases on||July 2023|
|Entrance exam date||August 2023|
|Result declaration||August 2023|
- The candidate must hold a master’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university/ institution.
- Candidates must have the below-mentioned mandatory subjects in the qualifying exam: Science, Social Science, Humanities, Electronic Science & Library, Computer Science & Application, Information Science
- Candidates must score 55% marks for Gen/ OBC and 50% marks for SC/ ST/ PwD.
- Those candidates who are appearing in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the exam.
TNSET 2023 Application Form
Annamalai University releases the application form in the month of July. The form is available on the official website of Annamalai University. In order to know the application process, check the steps below:
- Firstly, visit the official website of the university- www.tnsetau.in.
- Now, find the link for the “Online Application Form” on the university’s homepage.
- Start filling the form with necessary details will include name, email id, Date of Birth, domicile certificate, Mobile Phone Number, course applied for, School last studied, exam center, etc.
- Also, upload copies of the requisite documents (as per specified formats) in the application form.
- Provide your working phone no. and other valid communicational details.
Students have to pay the application fees via credit card, debit card, or internet banking. Other modes such as Demand draft, Money Order, and IPO are not available. Therefore avoid paying through these methods.
|General/OBC category (Creamy layer)||Rs. 1500/-|
|General/ OBC (Non-Creamy layer)||Rs. 1250/-|
|SC/ST / PwD/ HI/ PH category||Rs. 500/-|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen and Paper Based)|
|Questions type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marks provided for each correct answer||+1|
|Exam medium||English and Tamil|
|Session||Paper||Marks||No. of questions||Duration|
|First||I||100||50||1 hour 15 minutes|
|Second||II||100||50||1 hour 15 minutes|
TNSET 2023 Result
Annamalai University will announce the result after the commencement of the exams. The same authority will also notify those candidates who qualify for the entrance test through SMS on their registered number. Qualified candidates will be able to view the result which will be published on the official web portal of the university. After the release of the merit list, qualified candidates will have to physically report for counseling, they have to visit the allotted venue within the provided time. Candidates will be able to download the scorecard too. Cut-off will be based on seat availability, reservation, previous year cut-off, etc.
Cut Off Reservation
|General/ OBC (Creamy layer)||Minimum 40% marks|
|OBC (Non- Creamy layer)||Minimum 35% marks|
|Reserved category (SC/ ST/ PwD)||Minimum 35% marks|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the official web portal to apply for TNSET?
Ans. candidates have to open the official website of Annamalai University- www.tnsetau.ac.in.
Question: When will online registrations begin?
Ans. In the month of July 2023.
Question: What will be the mode of TNSET?
Ans. It will be organized in pen and paper mode only.
Question: What is the mode of Application fee submission?
Ans. Candidates have to pay the application fee through credit card/ debit card/ internet banking only.