Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology will conduct the UPCATET, a state-level agricultural and technological admission test. Individuals may take the test to see whether they qualify for agricultural and technical programs in the state. To be eligible for the UPCATET 2023, applicants should have finished the 12th grade and be in good academic standing.
It is expected that the number of applicants would rise again this year as well. For the UPCATET, there were around 12 testing facilities before, but there’ll still be 22. This page contains all the information you need to apply for UPCATET 2023, including the registration form, eligibility requirements, exam curriculum, and key dates.
UPCATET 2023 Important Dates
|Application Form Starting||1st week of March 2023|
|Submission Last Date||4th week of April 2023|
|Option Available to Modify||1st week of May 2023|
|Admit Card Release||1st week of June 2023|
|Date of Exam||2nd week of June 2023|
|Result Declaration||4th week of June 2023|
|Online Counseling Commencement||1st week of July 2023|
UPCATET 2023 Application Process
The registration form may be filled in both online and offline formats.
Online Application Procedure:
- Open the web browser and enter any one of the URLs into the web address. www.upcatet.org or www.svbpmeerut.ac.in are two examples.
- Next, choose ‘Apply online’ and attempt to get the UPCATET information pamphlet.
- Review the info pamphlet and accept the terms and conditions.
- Applicants may then view the application form and fill out the form using a valid email address.
- Following completing the UPCATET registration procedure, applicants must fill out the application form with their professional and occupational information.
- Use a debit/credit card or an E-challan to submit the mandatory application cost.
- Finally, for the final submission of the registration form, click the submit button.
Offline Application Procedure:
- Applicants must purchase a registration form from the NDUAT (Narendra Dev University of Agriculture and Technology).
- Aspirants may also obtain the registration form from the UPCATET web page and mail it in.
- Then complete out the information on the offline Registration form and upload every one of the relevant papers.
- Place the DD inside the envelope (demand draft).
- Finally, email the UPCATET registration form together with all other papers to the address provided.
Before completing out the application form, candidates should first make absolutely sure that they fulfil the UPCATET eligibility requirements 2023 for the program they intend to pursue. Assessing the eligibility requirements would also reveal any additional courses that candidates may be qualified for that they too are unsure of. The UPCATET qualifying requirements for UG and PG courses for the year 2023 are shown in the tables beneath.
- The age requirement for BVS and C & AH programs ought to be 17 years, and the upper age limit ought to be 23 years. SC/ST and OBC candidates, on the other hand, would be given a 5-year age relaxation.
- The age requirement for candidates for the other programs is 16 years, and the upper age limit is 22 years. SC/ST and OBC candidates, on the other hand, would be given a 5-year age exemption.
|Course||Minimum Marks||Minimum Qualification||Subject Required|
|B.Sc. (Hon) Forestry||60%||12th Standard||PCM|
|Bachelor in Fisheries Science||60%||12th Standard||PCMB|
|Bachelor in Veterinary Science||50%||12th Standard||PCB / PCMB & English|
|B.Sc. (Hon) Agriculture||60%||12th Standard||Agricultural Science|
|B.Sc. (Hon) Horticulture||60%||12th Standard||PCB|
|Masters in Veterinary Science||OGPA 5.50||B.V Sc & AH|
|M.Sc. Agricultural Meteorology/Nematology/Horticulture/||60%||Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture|
|M.Sc. Agricultural Statistics||60%||Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture|
|B.Sc. (Hon) Home Science||60%||12th Grade||PCMB/ Arts with Home Science/PCM/PCB/Agricultural Science|
|M.Sc. Agriculture Biochemistry / Agricultural Economics & Management/ Agricultural Economics/ Agronomy/ Animal Dairy Technology/ Husbandry/ Live Stock Production and Management/ Soil Science/ Genetics & Plant Breeding/ Soil Science & Agriculture Chemistry||60%||B.Sc. Agriculture|
|M.Sc. Home Science||60%||BSc Home Science|
|M.Sc. Agriculture Biotechnology||60%||Bachelor Degree in Horticulture, Agriculture, Biotechnology|
|Plant Pathology/ M.Sc. Entomology/Plant Physiology/ Crop Physiology/ Seed Science & Technology/ Soil Conservation& Water Management||60%||Bachelor Degree in Horticulture, Agriculture, Forestry|
The exam will be held through pen and paper based method. Therefore, students appearing for the exam should report to the exam center with the necessary documents required for the identification of the candidates.
- The exam involves a total number of 200 questions and the weightage of the entire test paper is 600 marks.
- The exam will only include objective type Multiple Choice Questions.
- The duration to solve the question paper for all courses (except MBA) is 3 hours.
- The students perusing PhD. will get total 2 hours to solve the paper.
- Negative marking will also be applicable in the exam which means for every right answer candidates will obtain 3 marks however, for every wrong answer 1 mark will be reduced.
- Un-attempted questions will not have any provision of negative marking.
UPCATET 2023 Preparation Tips
To get into a prestigious university, you’ll need to do well on the UPCATET. You’ll need to prepare ahead of time and practice hard if you want to perform well in the UPCATET and get ahead of the competition.
- Depending on the course, candidates must purchase at least 2-3 UPCATET prep books. Athletes may utilize the books to find out what themes they should focus on and what to anticipate during the examinations. Candidates only need to buy the books needed to complete the programme for which they are applying.
- Prepare a Time Table: In arranging their timetable, candidates are urged to construct a daily calendar and give particular attention to finishing the UPCATET curriculum. Examine the whole curriculum and material to improve your preparation, and take as many previous year’s question papers and mock examinations as feasible.
- If you’re attempting the examination, look over past years’ question papers to see how questions are structured and what to expect on test day.
- The greatest technique for a candidate to evaluate their skills and shortcomings is to complete question papers, mock tests, and sample papers.