UPPSC 2024: Uttar Pradesh Service Commission is very soon going to commence the recruitment process for providing posts that comes under PCS or Provincial Civil services. For those who are aspiring to make their career in civil services, should not miss this opportunity.
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission conducts UPPSC 2024 exam to recruit the vacancies for UP PCS through Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services Examination-2024. The selection of various administrative posts will be done through three stages such as Prelims, Mains & Interview Round. The commission will release the online application process for Combined State Upper Subordinate Services Examination-2024 on its official website. Go through the complete article to know more about UPPSC 2024 such as Recruitment Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Application Fee, Process of Selection, Etc.
UPPSC 2024 Highlights
|Exam Name||UPPSC PCS 2024|
|Conducting Organization Name||Uttar Pradesh Combined/Upper Subordinate Exam(UPPCS)|
|Conducting By||Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission(UPPSC)|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Centers||Across the state of Uttar Pradesh|
UPPSC 2024 Important Dates
|UPPSC PCS 2024 Events||Dates (Expected)|
|Notification released on||Third week of March 2024|
|Application Form starts on||Third week of March 2024|
|Application Form ends on||Third week of April 2024|
|Last Date for Making Fee Payment||Third week of April 2024|
|Prelims Admit Card||First week of June 2024|
|Prelims Exam Date||Second week of June 2024|
|Answer Key (Prelims)||Second week of June 2024|
|Prelims Result||July 2024|
|Mains Exam Date||Last week of September 2024|
UPPSC 2024 Eligibility Criteria
- The age of the candidates should be at least 21 years and must not have crossed the age of 40 years on July 1, 2024.
- For candidates of PH category, the maximum age limit is 55 years.
- Assistant Prosecuting Officer (Transport), Sub Registrar: Bachelor Degree in Law is required.
- District Basik Shiksha Adhikari / District Administrative Officer/ Associate DIOS and Other equivalent administrative posts: Master Degree in Any Stream would be required.
- District Audit Officer (Revenue Audit): B. Com degree from any recognized university in India is required.
- Assistant Controller Legal Measurement (Grade-I) / (Grade-II): B.Sc. with Physics OR Mechanical Engineering. As one subject.
- Senior Lecturer, DIET: Postgraduate degree with B.Ed.
- Chemist: M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry with 3 year experience is compulsory.
- Officer on Special Duty Computer: First Class Master Degree with PG Diploma in Computer or Computer Engineering Degree and 1 Year Experience.
- U.P. Agriculture Service Group “B” (Development Branch), District Cane Officer: B.Sc. Agriculture
- Labour Enforcement Officer: Bachelor degree with commerce or sociology or economics and post graduate diploma or post graduate degree in law / personnel management/ trade management/ social welfare/ social work/ sociology/ commerce/ labor law/ labor welfare/ labour relation.
- Manager Estate Department/ Management Officer: Bachelor Degree in any discipline with diploma/ degree in Hotel Management and Catering Technology.
- Technical Assistant Geophysics: Postgraduate degree with 50% marks in geology or applied geology (with physics, mathematics at B.Sc. level), geophysics, applied geophysics.
- Tax Assessment Officer: Bachelor Degree in commerce or economics with 55% marks.
UPPSC 2024 Application Form
- Visit the main site of UPPSC- uppsc.up.nic.in.
- On the dashboard, search for the Application link of Uttar Pradesh Combined State/ Upper Subordinate 2024.
- Click on the link and complete the UPPSC PCS registration process by providing the relevant details about the candidate.
- Now pay the requisite application fee which is mentioned in the table below.
- Fill in any other relevant detail if required in the application form.
- Upload the scanned images whichever is necessary and required.
- Finally submit the successfully completed UPPSC PCS application form 2024.
- Take a printout of the same application form for future uses.
|General/ OBC / Economically weaker sections||Rs. 125/-|
|SC/ ST||Rs. 65/-|
|Differently Abled Person||Rs. 25/-|
|Dependents of the Freedom Fighters/ Women||As per their original category|
UP PCS Exam Pattern or Selection Procedure is divided into three different categories:
- The Preliminary examination includes a total number of two question papers.
- The question paper will be based on objective type queries.
- There will be negative marking i.e. one-third marks will be reduced for every incorrect response.
- CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) involves total 80 questions for 200 marks which should be completed within two hours.
- General Study will have total 100 questions for 200 marks and should be solved within two hours.
|Paper Name||No of Question||Total Mark||Duration|
|CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)- This test is qualifying in nature||80||200||2 Hours|
|General Study||100||200||2 Hours|
- General Study comprises of 4 papers and each paper will be for 200 marks.
- There will be one optional subject which is for 400 marks.
- General Hindi paper will be for 150 marks.
- Essay will be for 150 marks.
|Exam Name||Total Marks|
|General Study (4 Papers of 200 marks each)||800|
|One Optional Subject||400|
Personality Test (Interview)
The Personality Test also called viva voice will be for 100 marks. The test will assess candidate’s general interest including their academic interest, general awareness, character, intelligence, personality/ expression power, some general knowledge queries, general suitability for the service and current topics.
The commission will distribute the result for each and every stage of the exam only on the authorized web portal of UPPSC- www.uppsc.up.nic.in. The prelims result will be announced displaying the shortlisted candidates for Mains Exam. The final result will be decided and set up on the basis of UPPSC Mains & Interview Round.