UPPSC PCS 2023: Uttar Pradesh Service Commission or UP PCS is soon going to start releasing the application forms for providing admission to various posts that comes under PCS or Provincial Civil services. Candidates who are interested to make their career in civil services, this opportunity is the best opportunity for them for which they must check out the whole article.
UP PCS Post Details
The PCS (Upper Subordinate/ Combined State Services) consists the post of:
- Deputy Collector,
- Deputy Superintendent of Police,
- Block Development Officer,
- Assistant Regional Transport Officer,
- Assistant Commissioner (Commercial Tax),
- District Commandant Homeguards,
- Accounts Officer/ Treasury Officer,
- Assistant Sugar Commissioner and Cane Inspector etc.
UPPSC PCS 2023 Schedule
|Events||Prelims exam||Mains exam|
|Notification released on||July 2023||Announced soon|
|Last date of online fee receipt||August 2023||Announced soon|
|Last date to submit the application form||August 2023||Announced soon|
|Admit card release date||August 2023||Announced soon|
|Exam date||3rd week of August 2023||Announced soon|
|Declaration of results||September 2023||Announced soon|
|Post name||Educational qualification|
|Sub Registrar, Assistant Prosecuting Officer (Transport), Law officer, Law Officer (Mandi Parishad)||Graduation in Law
|District audit officer||Graduation in commerce|
|District cane officer||Graduation in agriculture|
|Assistant labour commissioner||Degree in Arts with Sociology or Economics as main subjects or Commerce/ Law|
|Assistant Controller Legal Measurement (Grade-I)/ (Grade-II)||Degree in Science with Mechanical Engineering and Physics as one subject.|
|District Programme Officer||Degree in Sociology/ Social Science/ Social work/Home Science|
|Senior lecturer, DIET||Post graduation degree in B.Ed|
|District probation officer||Post graduation degree in relevant discipline|
|Food safety officer||Post graduation degree in Chemistry|
|Statistical officer||Post graduation degree in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Agricultural Statistics|
|Labour enforcement officer||Graduation/Post graduation degree in relevant discipline|
|District Horticulture officer Group-2 Grade- I||B.Sc in Agriculture and horticulture|
|Extension Service Officer Group-2||B.Sc in Agriculture with a 15-month Post-graduate Diploma Course|
|Tax assessment officer||Graduation in commerce or economics|
|Marketing officer (Mandi parishad)||Graduation in relevant discipline|
|Accounts and audit officer ( Mandi parishad)||Graduation in commerce with accountancy|
|Senior Sugarcane Development Inspector||Post graduation in Agriculture Science with CCC certificate/diploma|
|Veterinary and welfare officer||B.V.Sc and A.H|
|District Basic Shiksha Adhikari/ Associate DIOS & District Administrative Officer||Post-graduation degree|
The age limit required for the UPPSC PCS exam is:
- Lower age limit- 21 years
- Upper age limit- 40 years
The person having more than one wife/husband will not be eligible for this exam.
The UPPSC PCS is conducted in 3 stages:
- Preliminary exam
- Main exam
- The question paper will consist of Objective type questions.
- There will be negative marking. One-third of marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) will include 80 no. of questions for 200 marks and the duration of completing the exam will be 2 hours.
|Name of the Question Paper||No. of questions||Total marks||Total time|
|Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT): Qualifying Exam||80||200||2 Hours|
|General Study||100||200||2 Hours|
- It will consist of a general study section with 4 papers for 200 marks each.
- There will be one optional subject for 400 marks.
- The General Hindi section will consist of 150 marks.
- The essay will be 150 marks.
|1.||General Hindi||15O marks||180 Minutes|
|2.||Essay||15O marks||180 Minutes|
|3.||General Studies-I||2OO marks||120 Minutes|
|4.||General Studies-II||2OO marks||120 Minutes|
|5.||General Studies-III||2OO marks||120 Minutes|
|6.||General Studies-IV||2OO marks||120 Minutes|
- The Interview will be of 100 marks.
- The total marks including the interview will consist of 1500+100 marks.
- Candidates should have knowledge regarding state and current issues and surroundings.
- The candidate must have good communication skills during the time of the interview.
UPPSC PCS 2023 Application form
- The application form of UPPSC PCS 2023 will be released through online mode on the official website of Uttar Pradesh – www.up.nic.in.
- Candidates need to enter their personal and academic details in the application form.
- They have to upload the required documents in the application form along with their passport size photographs and scanned copies of their signature.
- Candidates need to pay the application fee through debit card, credit card, challan, or net banking.
- The application fee for general and OBC category candidates will be INR 100/- whereas, SC/ST category candidates will have to pay INR 40/- and physically handicapped candidates have to submit INR 25/- as their application fee.
- Candidates must not forget to take a printout of the application form for additional uses.
UPPSC PCS 2023 Admit card and Result
The admit card for UPPSC PCS Exam 2023 will be released online on the official website. Candidates just need to enter their login credentials and download their results. Likewise, the result of UPPSC PCS 2023 will be released online. After qualifying the stages preliminary and mains, candidates will be invited for the interview. Interview results will also be released online on the official website.
UPPSC PCS 2023 FAQs
Question: When will UPPSC PCS online registration 2023 begin?
Ans. The online registration of UPPSC PCS 2023 will begin in the month of July 2023
Question: What is the educational qualification required for a district audit officer?
Ans. Candidates must have completed Graduation in commerce in order to apply for the post of District audit officer.
Question: What is the age criteria required to apply for UPPSC PCS 2023?
Ans. The upper age limit required for the candidate is 40 years whereas the lower age limit is 21 years in order to apply for UPPSC PCS 2023.
Question: What is the application fee for SC/ST category candidates to apply for UPPSC PCS 2023?
Ans. To apply for UPPSC PCS 2023, SC/ST category candidates need to pay INR 40/-