UPSC ESE 2023: Union public service commission (UPSC) is the authority that is responsible for conducting Engineering Service Exam (ESE). Through this examination, the candidates are recruited under the departments of central government such as Ordinance factories, Railway, CWC, MES, CPWD, etc. The authority selects the candidates for Indian Engineering Services. However, the exam will be organized for only four branches of engineering i.e. Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, and Electronics & Telecommunications. The candidates need to qualify in three stages to get selected for UPSC ESE. In other words, candidates need to appear in the Preliminary examination, then in the Mains examination, and lastly in the Personal Interview Test. Therefore, candidates are required to fill out the application form to appear in the examination. So, the full details of the UPSC ESE 2023 Examination like the application form, exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, etc are provided in this article below.
14th September 2022: UPSC has released the dates for Engineering Services Examination 2023. The preliminary exam will be held on 19th February 2023 and the main exam will be held on 25th June 2023. Interested candidates can apply online by 4th October 2022.
UPSC ESE 2023 Highlights
|Organizing Department||Union Public Service Commission|
|Mode of the exam||Offline|
|Age limit||21 to 30 (3 years for OBC, 5 years for SC/ST)|
|Notification release date||14 September 2022|
|ESE Pre exam date||19 February 2023|
|UPSC Exam Calendar||Check Here|
UPSC ESE 2023 Important Dates
|UPSC ESE Notification release date||14 September 2022|
|Online registration begins||14 September 2022|
|Last date to submit the form||04 October 2022|
|Preliminary Admit Card||February 2022|
|Preliminary Exam date||19 February 2023|
|Preliminary Exam Result||March 2023|
|Mains Exam date||25 June 2023|
|Final Result release date||August 2023|
ESE 2023 Important Links
|Official Notification||Check Here|
|Official Website||Check Here|
|Online Application||Apply Here|
UPSC ESE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Only citizens of Indian nationality, Subjects of Bhutan and Nepal are eligible to apply.
- Tibetan refugees who migrated to India before 1962 and citizens of Indian origin who have migrated to India from Pakistan, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Zaire, Malawi, Zambia, Uganda, Kenya, Srilanka, and Burma are also eligible.
- Candidates between 21 to 30 years are eligible to apply for this exam. This implies that they have to be 21-30 years of age as of 1st August 2023.
- However, there is a relaxation in the age limit for the reserved category:
OBC candidates – 3 years
SC/ST candidates – 5 years
- To apply for this exam, candidates need to complete their graduation in engineering from a recognized university.
- Apart from this they also need to meet the physical standards set by the authority. The authorities will conduct a medical test for all categories.
- Moreover, authorities have not set any attempt limits. However, candidates can appear in the exam till their upper age limit.
UPSC ESE 2023 Application form
- Application form filling begins with registration, providing details, uploading documents, and lastly payment of a fee.
- Meanwhile, applicants need to follow some steps to fill UPSC ESE 2023 Application form. The steps are given below:
- Firstly, access the official website of UPSC – www.upsc.gov.in.
- Secondly, search the link for the UPSC ESE Application form and click on it.
- Now, complete the registration by filling in all your personal details such as name, DOB, mobile number, email id, etc. The details must be valid.
- After that, a registration id and password will be generated. Log in using these credentials.
- Upload all the necessary documents such as ID Proof, engineering degree, etc. in the application form along with the passport size photograph and signature.
- Also, you have to choose the exam city as per your preferences.
- Check all the details before final submission.
- Lastly, pay the application fee via credit/debit card/ net banking or by depositing cash at any branch of SBI.
- Do not forget to take multiple prints of the application form.
|General/OBC category||Rs. 200/-|
|Female SC/ST/PH category||Nil/Exempted|
The UPSC ESE exam will be organized in three stages i.e. Preliminary Examination, Main Exam, and Personality Test. A quick overview of the pattern is given below:
- Preliminary Examination- 500 marks
- Main Examination- 600 marks
- Personality Test- 200 marks
|Paper-1 General Studies and Engineering Aptitude||2 hours||200|
|Paper-2 Engineering discipline||3 hours||300|
|Paper-1 Engineering discipline- I||3 hours||300|
|Paper-2 Engineering discipline- II||3 hours||300|
The personality test will be of 200 marks. It will be conducted to check the candidate’s personality. The authorities will determine the candidate’s intellectual skills, mental ability, communication skills, and way of responding. So it is very necessary to clear the personality test for the final selection.
Candidates are required to qualify for the written preliminary and mains examination. However, after qualifying it is equally necessary to clear the interview.
The officials will select the candidates purely on the basis of his/her performance throughout the exam and interview.
UPSC ESE 2023 Result
The result will be announced on the official website of UPSC after the completion of each stage. Therefore, you have to visit the official portal of UPSC after the declaration of each stage’s result. The applicants will access the result after entering their registration id and password.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the official site to apply for the UPSC ESE exam?
Ans. To apply for ESE, candidates need to visit the official site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in.
Question: What are the stages of the ESE selection procedure?
Ans. Candidates need to qualify for written examination i.e. Preliminary and Mains Examination and Personal Interview Round.
Question: What is the application fee for the candidates to apply for ESE exam?
Ans. General and OBC category candidates need to pay Rs. 200/-. While female applicants and reserved category candidates are exempted to pay the fee.
Question: What is the prelims exam date for UPSC ESE 2023?
Ans. It is likely to be conducted in the month of January 2023.
Question: What is the age limit to apply for UPSC ESE 2023?
Ans. The age of the candidates must be 21 years to 30 years. On the other hand, relaxation will vary according to categories.
7 thoughts on “UPSC ESE 2023 Notification (OUT) for 327 Vacancies- Online Application Form”
I belong to OC Catageory and my age is 32 I’m I eligible for exam
I have completed my diploma and iam btech 2nd year.Can i eligible to write ESE?Exam
No. you are not eligible to write ESE 2023.
You can write ESE In your final year of B.Tech or after completing your B.tech
My dob is 12.05.1993 can I able to attempt ese exam 2023
My date of birth is August 8th 2002. Will I be eligible to attempt ESE 2023..!?
Kindly notify me about IES-2023 and other related job in Electronics & Telecommunication please
Who is the language of in interview for ies