UPSSSC is a short form for Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission. It is the main regulating body that conducts PET (Preliminary Eligibility Test) exam for the appointment of various Group C and other posts. The exam is organized twice a year. Therefore, all the aspirants who are willing to apply for UPSSSC PET 2023 should go to the official website of UPSSSC to obtain the application forms.
The validity for PET exam is one year after the declaration of the result. Qualifying candidates will have to appear for the main examination for various vacancies on the basis of their PET scores. Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Service Selection Commission (UPSSSC) will commence the Preliminary Eligibility Test (PET) to make it easier for the candidates, therefore they need not to apply separately for different vacancies in UPSSSC.
UPSSSC PET 2023 Highlights
|Name of the exam conducting authority||UPSSSC- Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission|
|Name of the exam||PET – Preliminary Eligibility Test 2023|
|Category||UPSSC PET 2023|
|Selection procedure||Written exam|
|Exam date||Announced Soon|
|Application form release||May 2023 (Expected)|
|Application form last date||June 2023 (Expected)|
UPSSSC PET 2023 Important Dates
|Date of notification release||May 2023|
|Online submission of the application form||May 2023|
|Last Date for online application||June 2023|
|Correction window closing date||June 2023|
|UPSSSC PET admit card release date||August 2023|
|UPSSSC PET answer key release date||September 2023|
|Declaration of the UPSSSC PET result||October 2023|
|Mains exam date||Notify Soon|
Before applying, all the interested candidates should read the complete eligibility norms given below:
- The minimum age of the candidate needs to be 18 years and the maximum age must be 40 years. Applicant must not have been born before 1st July 1983 and not later than 30th June 2005 as per the eligibility norms.
- Candidate who have completed or passed SSC/ high school from any recognized board of education can apply. Any candidate holding a graduate or postgraduate degree is also eligible to apply for UPSSSC PET.
|SC/ ST/ OBC||5 years|
|Meritorious Sportsperson||5 years|
UPSSSC PET 2023 Application Form
The only mode of applying for UPSSSC PET will be online mode. Applicants should fill up the application form as per the guidelines mentioned in the section below:
- First of all open the main web portal of UPSSC to acquire the application form from there.
- Candidates will be asked to fill up their personal, academic and communicational details in the application form.
- Similarly, it is equally important for the candidates to enter their valid and active email id and phone number in the application form as it will be required for communication.
- Upload passport size photograph and signature according to the specified format in the application form.
- Upload all other required documents that are asked in the application form for instance high school mark sheet, aadhar number, category certificate, etc.
- Pay the price of the application through credit card, debit card or net banking. In any case, the registration fee will be non-refundable.
- During the admission process, candidates will have to possess a few documents along with the print of the application form. So we advise the candidates to keep a few prints of the application form with them.
|General/ OBC candidates||Rs. 185/- (Application Price Rs.160/- + Online Application Charges Rs. 25/-)|
|SC/ ST candidates||INR 95/- (Application Price Rs.70/- + Online Application Charges Rs.25/-)|
|PwD candidates||INR 25/-|
- Name of the exam: PET – Preliminary Eligibility Test
- Mode of the Exam: Offline (Written)
- Stage after preliminary exam: Mains exam
- Mode of mains exam: Online
- Level of questions: Intermediate level
- Total no. of questions: 100 questions
- Total Marks: 100 marks
- Timing of PET exam: 2 hours (120 minutes)
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks
- Subjects in the exam: General knowledge, Unseen Passage Science, General Hindi, Elementary Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, Figures & Graphs.
|Subjects||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Indian National Movement||5||5|
|Indian constitution & Public Administration||5||5|
|Logic & Reasoning||5||5|
|Graph Interpretation and Analysis||10||10|
The selection of the entrants is made on the basis of a written entrance test conducted by the authorities of UPSSSC. For the final selection, candidates are required to qualify for both preliminary and main offline examinations for the recruitment of various Group C and other posts. Previously, UPSSSC used to conduct only one exam.
After appearing for the Exam the authorities of UPSSSC will prepare the merit list of shortlisted candidates for appearing in the Group B & C main exams for specific posts. The merit list will be prepared category wise i.e. General, OBC, SC/ST.
Aspirants should note that the exam will be qualifying in nature. The candidates are required to clear the cutoff in order to qualify for the main examination. The cutoff marks will vary according to the different posts. The merit list of the participants will be disclosed on the main authorized website of UPSSSC. You can easily download the merit list to view their scores and then wait for the cutoff marks to be out.