Candidates who want to take admission in M.Sc. Nursing and Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing courses need to appear for the admission test that is WB PG NAT. The application process for the same will be started soon too. The West Bengal University of Health Sciences, also known as WBUHS is responsible for conducting WB PG NAT Exam every year for the admission of entitled applicants. Qualified candidates will get admission to different universities that offer M.Sc. Nursing and B.Sc. Nursing course in the West Bengal state. In this article, we have provided all the essential information about this test, which basically includes its schedule, application form, fees, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, merit list, etc.
WB PG NAT 2023 Highlights
|Name of the exam||WB PG NAT 2023|
|Conducting body||West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS)|
|Programs offered||M. Sc. Nursing (MScN) courses|
|Admissions in||Colleges of West Bengal|
|Frequency of exam||Once a year|
WB PG NAT 2023 Important Dates
|Online registration process||2nd week of April 2023|
|Last date to apply||2nd week of May 2023|
|Admit card||To be updated|
|Date of entrance exam||To be updated|
|Result||To be updated|
For the reference of the applicants, we have provided the necessary information related to WB PG NAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 below:
- Nationality: Only citizens of Indian nationality are entitled to apply for the admission procedure.
For Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing course:
- Educational Qualification: Applying candidates are required to accomplish the HSC exam from a recognized board of education.
- Candidates must hold a GNM course certificate from a registered State Nursing Council of any State of India.
For M.Sc. Nursing course (WBPGNAT):
- Educational qualification: Those candidates who have passed a degree in B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/ Post Basic B.Sc. candidates must pass the nursing course.
- Qualifying marks: Candidates should have obtained more than 55% of marks in the qualifying exam.
- Work experience: An individual should have a minimum of one year of work experience pre or post a B.Sc. degree in Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/ Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing course.
WB PG NAT 2023 Application Form
- The application process will be started in the 2nd week of April 2023.
- All the eligible candidates have to open the authorized website of the university and download the prospectus/ brochure and application form from the website.
- Before starting the application form filling, applicants must read the whole instructions as mentioned in the prospectus/ brochure.
- In the form, basic details of the applicants are required for instance personal details, communication details, educational details, parent’s details, course-related details, and so on.
- Entrants are required to upload/ attach the scanned images of the photograph and signature in the given size and format mentioned on the official web portal of the university.
- Applicants are told to not forget to get a print of the application form once it is duly filled.
The application fee payment is a very vital part of the application process as without completing this step, the application process remains incomplete. It must be paid/ submitted before the specified date only. Candidates can opt for the online mode for the payment of the same. Additionally, it must be noted that the application fee will not be transferred or refunded once it is paid. After the successful payment of the application fee, applicants are told to get a print of the fee payment confirmation/ fee receipt.
Course- wise application fee is mentioned in the table below:
|M.Sc. Nursing||Rs. 3000/-|
|Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing||Rs. 2000/-|
- In the WB PG NAT entrance exam, all the queries will be multiple-choice questions.
- Entrants will have to solve a maximum of 100 questions in the entrance exam.
- They will be allotted a maximum of 80 minutes to crack the entire paper of the WB PG NAT entrance exam.
- However, contenders will get one mark for each right answer given in the entrance exam.
- There is no provision of negative markings in the WB PG NAT 2023 for incorrect answers.
- Yet, a well-defined entrance exam will be led for the aspirants who want to get admission in M.Sc. Nursing course (WBPGNAT) and Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing course (WBNAT).
WB PG NAT 2023 Merit List
WBUHS (West Bengal University of Health Sciences) will publish the merit list for all the registered applicants considering the courses. The details of the WB PG NAT 2023 merit list are mentioned below:
To check and download the merit list, entrants will have to log in to the official website of the conducting body i.e. www.wbuhs.ac.in. They will be able to download the merit list in a form of a pdf via online mode. Candidates are advised to save the merit list of WB PG NAT 2023 for future references.