West Bengal State Eligibility Test Notification has been released. WBCSC (West Bengal College Service Commission) is accountable for conducting this exam annually to appoint the candidates for the position of Assistant Professor. The post of Assistant Professor will be offered at the colleges of West Bengal state. Consequently, the application forms for WB SET 2021 have been released by the conducting body. On the basis of eligibility, candidates can apply for the test. Eligible candidates can download the application form through the official portal of WBCSC. Applicants can gain more information regarding WB SET 2021 from this page. See the below details to know more about it.
16 August 2021: WB SET 2021 Notification has been released. Apply online by accessing the given link.
WB SET 2021 Highlights
|Name of the exam||WB SET|
|Full form||West Bengal State Eligibility Test|
|Type of exam||State Eligibility Test|
|Level of exam||State Level|
|Conducting body||West Bengal College Service Commission|
|Mode of exam||Offline (Pen and Paper Based Test)|
|Exam date||9th January 2022|
|Duration of exam||
WB SET 2021 Important Dates
|Events||Important Dates (Announced)|
|Application form starts date||16th August 2021|
|Last date to submit the form||15th September 2021|
|Last date to pay the application charges||15th September 2021|
|Availability of admit card||3rd week of December 2021|
|Date of exam||9th January 2022|
|Result||To be notified|
|Counseling/ Admission procedure||To be notified|
Age Limit Criteria
No age limit is prescribed by the conducting board to apply for WB SET exam.
- General category candidates need to secure a minimum of 55% marks in their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from any UGC recognized university/Institutions.
- Applicants belonging to OBC (non-creamy layer)/ SC/ ST/ PWD/EWS (Economically Weaker Section)/transgender categories should have obtained 50% marks in Master’s degree or equivalent examination can also apply for the entrance exam.
- In case applicants are appearing in the final year examination of their master’s degree or equivalent or those are waiting for their examination results are also eligible to apply for WB SET.
- Candidates holding a Ph.D. degree whose post-graduation was completed by 19 September 1991 will get a 5% of relaxation in aggregate marks for appearing in SET.
- Eligible candidates must appear in the subject of their master’s degree only. In case a candidate’s post-graduation subject is not covered in the subjects’ list then he/ she may appear in a related subject.
WB SET 2021 Application Form
The registration forms for West Bengal State Eligibility Test have been made available from August 2021 and can be filled till 15th September 2021. Therefore, those candidates who want to be appointed as Assistant Professor in West Bengal colleges must take up this examination. Such candidates can fill the application form via online medium. Follow the easy steps below in order to know the application process for WB SET 2021:
- To begin with the application process, candidates have to visit the official portal of the West Bengal College Service Commission- www.wbcsc.org.
- On the homepage of the application form, a link namely “Apply Now” will be found. Tap on the same.
- The application form will be opened and applicants should have to fill in all the correct and complete details in the same such as personal and academic details.
- After providing the details such as the mobile number and email id, the notification will be provided to the candidates.
- It is equally necessary for the applicants to upload their scanned documents such as photographs and signatures as per the prescribed format. Without this step, the form won’t be accepted further.
- At last, candidates need to make the payment of the application fee and submit the application form after cross-checking all the mentioned details as per the confirmation.
|WBCS Application Form||Upcoming Entrance Exams|
WB SET 2021 Application Fee
|General candidates||INR 1000/-|
|Other backward classes (non-creamy layer)/ Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||INR 500/-|
|SC/ ST / PWD/ Transgender||INR 250/-|
- The examination mode for WB SET 2021 will be via offline mode.
- Paper 1 will include 50 questions, 50 questions in paper 2, and paper 3 will consist of 75 questions.
- 2 marks will be given for each correct answer.
- The total time duration will be 1 hour 15 minutes for paper 1 and 2 hours 30 minutes for paper 2.
|No. of Papers||Sections||Total no. of questions||Maximum marks||Time duration|
|Paper-1||General question on teaching and aptitude||50 questions||100 marks||1 hr 15 minutes|
|Paper-2||Subject paper||50 questions||100 marks||1 hr 15 minutes|
|Paper-3||Subject paper with depth questions||75 questions||150 marks||2 hrs 30 minutes|
WB SET 2021 Result
Once the final answer key is uploaded by the board on the official website, WBCSC will announce the result for WB SET 2021 on their official web page. Appeared candidates have to enter their login credentials to know their examination results.
Those top 6% participants who will acquire a minimum of 40% (for general category) aggregate marks and 35% (for SC/ ST/ OBC/ Transgender/ PWD) aggregate marks in both the papers will be declared qualified for the post of Assistant Professor by following the reservation policy of the West Bengal Government.