WBCS 2024: The West Bengal Public Service Commission will release the official recruitment notification for the post of Assistant Engineer (Electrical/ Mechanical) on the authorized web portal of the Commission. By qualifying WBCS Exam, aspirants will be recruited for various government jobs in the state of West Bengal. The WBCS Recruitment Process is conducted via three stages i.e. Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, and Personality test/ Interview round. Qualifying candidates will be allotted at the designated exam centers across the state of West Bengal. The Prelims exam will take place in a single shift and those candidates who qualify for it will have to move further to the next stage i.e. Mains Examination followed by Personality Test.
WBCS 2024 Overview
|Conducting Body of Examination||West Bengal Public Service Commission|
|Exam Name||West Bengal Civil Services (WBCS)|
|Exam Stages||Prelims- Mains- Interview|
|Exam Date||Third week of June 2024|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Language of the exam||Bengali and English|
WBCS 2024 Important Dates
|Notification||Last week of February 2024|
|WBCS Online Registration||First week of March 2024|
|Last Date to Apply Online||Fourth week of March 2024|
|Last Date to Pay Online fee||Fourth week of March 2024|
|Closing of submission of fees through offline||Last week of March 2024|
|Application Editing Window||First week of April 2024|
|WBCS Prelims Admit Card 2024||Last week of May 2024|
|WBCS Prelims Exam Date 2024||Third week of June 2024|
|WBCS Mains Exam Date 2024||Notify Soon|
As per the eligibility criteria, the candidate must either be a citizen of India, or other nationals as declared eligible by the Indian Govt.
|Services||WBCS age limit 2024|
|Services and posts included in Group ‘A’ & ’C’||21 to 36 years|
|Group ‘B’ Service of WBCS||20 to 36 years|
|Services and posts included in Group ‘D’||21 to 39 years|
|Category||WBCS age relaxation|
|SC/ ST/ BC of West Bengal||5 years|
|SC/ ST of Other States||5 years|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||Till 45 years|
A candidate needs to possess a Bachelor’s Degree i.e. an undergraduate degree in any discipline from any recognized University of education. In addition to that, the aspirant must be able to read, write and speak in Bengali (not mandatory for those whose mother tongue is Nepali).
WBCS 2024 Application Form
- Go to the main official portal of WBCS and register there by entering a valid email id and phone number.
- After validation with an OTP, start filling out the online WBCS application form 2024 with correct information about the applicant
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature of the applicant whose size should not be more than 100Kb.
- Move further to pay the WBCS application fee 2024 to complete the application form.
- Save a copy of the aptly filled application form for future reference.
All the candidates applying for WBCS should understand that the fee is a non-refundable amount for all the categories. However, SC/ ST candidates of West Bengal State and Persons with disabilities (40% and above) having a physical disability are exempted to pay any WBCS application fee.
|General/ OBC/ EWS||₹ 210 + Services Charges/ GST|
|SC/ST/ PwD (only West Bengal)||No Fees|
|SC/ST/ PwD of other states||₹ 210 + Services Charges/ GST|
The selection process of WBPSC consists of a 3 stage exam, which is mentioned below:
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
- Personality Test/ Interview
WBCS Prelims 2024 exam is a screening test to choose suitable aspirants for WBCS Mains Exam. Entrants successfully qualifying WBCS Mains exam are eligible for the interview or personality test. Only the grades of Mains and Interview scores are counted for the preparation of the final selection list.
- Total no. of papers: 1 MCQ paper.
- Topics: General Studies and Aptitude questions
- Total Marks: 200 marks
- Duration:2.5 hours duration
|English Composition||25 marks|
|General Science||25 marks|
|Current events of National & International Importance||25 marks|
|History of India||25 marks|
|Geography of India (special mention to West Bengal)||25 marks|
|Indian Polity and Economy||25 marks|
|Indian National Movement||25 marks|
|General Mental Ability||25 marks|
- No. of papers: 6 compulsory papers consisting
- Total Marks: 200 marks each
- Type of Questions: Objective and written and 2 optional papers will be there for the candidates applying for group A or B.
- Duration: 3 hours for each paper
|Paper I||Bengali/ Santali/ Nepali/ Hindi/ Urdu||Essay Type||3 hours|
|Paper-II||English||Essay Type||3 hours|
|Paper III||General Studies I||Objective||3 hours|
|Paper IV||General Studies II||Objective||3 hours|
|Paper V||Indian Constitution & Indian Economy||Objective||3 hours|
|Paper VI||Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning||Objective||3 hours|
- All those candidates passing the WBCS Mains exam will get an invitation to participate in a personality test i.e. the interview.
- The final list of selected candidates will be based on the total marks obtained in the Main exam and the Personality test.
|Group of Service||Marks of Interview|
|Group ‘A’ and ‘B’||200 Marks|
|Group ‘C’||150 Marks|
|Group ‘D’||100 Marks|
WBCS 2024 Results
The Result of the exam will be accessible at least a month later than the commencement of the Exam of each stage. The candidates qualifying prelims exam can take up Mains exam and only the candidates qualifying mains to need to participate in interview/ personality test. The final result will be prepared on the idea of grades secured by the entrant in both mains and personality tests.