West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination will be conducted by WBJEE Board for admission in various engineering, pharmacy, and architecture courses. The admission will be provided to various govt colleges/universities in West Bengal. It is a state-level entrance test and its registration has already begun. Therefore, Students need to register online in order to apply for admission. The registration process has started in the month of February 2023 and ends in the month of March 2023. So, students are advised to complete the application process before the last date. Here, candidates will get all the required information regarding WBJEE 2023 such as important dates, WBJEE application process, exam dates, and syllabus, etc.
WBJEE 2023 Overview
|Name of the Examination||WBJEE|
|Full-Form||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Exam Mode||Offline (OMR based)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Category||Engineering Entrance Exam|
WBJEE 2023 Important Dates
|Official notification release||2nd week of February 2023|
|Online registration begins||2nd week of February 2023|
|Last date to register||last week of March 2023|
|Admit card availability||1st week of July 2023|
|Entrance exam date||2nd week of July 2023|
|Final answer key release date||Last week of July 2023|
|Result declaration||Last week of July/ August 2023|
|Rank card release||August 2023|
|Counseling process begins||August 2023|
- Indian citizens are eligible.
- He/she must have a domicile of West Bengal.
- The age of the applicant must be between 17 years to 25 years.
- Candidates appearing in the 12th exam can also apply.
For Engineering: Candidates must have cleared class 12th with 45% marks in Physics, Mathematics, English, and anyone subject from the following – Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Science, and Biology. 5% of relaxation for reserved category candidates.
For Pharmacy: Students must have passed class 12th with 45% marks in Physics and Chemistry and any one subject from the following- Biotechnology, Mathematics, Computer Science/Computer Applications, and Biology. 5% of relaxation for reserved category candidates.
For Marine Engineering: Those candidates who have cleared class 12th exam with at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics altogether and individual pass marks in each of the mentioned subjects can apply. It is necessary to obtain a minimum of 50% marks in English in either ‘10’ or ‘12th’ standard.
For Architecture courses: One needs to qualify NATA or JEE Mains Paper 2 and also clear class 12th exam with 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics as a mandatory subject.
WBJEE 2023 Application form
- The application form is available in online mode from February 2023.
- The Application procedure will have certain steps such as exam registration, exam selection, uploading documents, application verification, and fee payment.
- During the registration process, candidates will also have to provide their email ID & contact details in the application form. Any mistake in the application form will lead to a correction. Although correction window will also be opened by the authority to correct any mistakes in the application form.
- Candidates will be able to pay the application fee via online mode using a credit card, debit card, and net banking.
- All the important information related to the application form will be directly sent to the candidate’s registered ID & phone number.
- Lastly, candidates should take the printout of the duly filled application form for further use.
|SC/ ST/ OBC||Rs. 400/-|
- The examination mode will be offline (pen and paper-based).
- The examination will be conducted in two shifts i.e. morning shift and afternoon shift.
- Questions will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- There will be 2 papers i.e. paper 1 for Mathematics and paper 2 for Physics and Chemistry.
- Total questions will be 155 and total marks will be 200.
- The examination will include subjects– Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
|Subjects||No. of questions|
The examination syllabus will be prepared and based on the class 12th level and cover various topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The questions in the entrance test will judge the candidate’s knowledge & understanding of the subjects.
WBJEE 2023 FAQs
Question: What is the official web portal of WBJEE?
Ans. The official website is www.wbjeeb.nic.in.
Question: Where can candidates register for the WBJEE?
Ans. Candidates are required to register through the official website of WBJEE.
Question: When will the WBJEE online registration starts?
Ans. The online registration has been started from the 2nd week of February 2023.
Question: Who shall be conducting WBJEE?
Ans. WBJEE will be conducted by the WBJEE Board.
Question: What is the WBJEE application fee?
Ans. WBJEE application fee for general category candidates is Rs. 500/- for SC/ST and OBC category, it is Rs. 400/-
Question: In which mode, fee payment can be made?
Ans. The application fee can be paid through debit cards, credit cards, and internet banking.