XAT 2024: XLRI Jamshedpur is the competent authority that releases exam notification every year for admission to the postgraduate program. The official notification is expected to be out in the last week of July 2023. Students will be able to fill up the application form in online mode probably till the last week of November 2023. To apply for XAT 2024, candidates must possess a graduation in any stream in order to be eligible to sit in the exam. XAT 2024 will tentatively be carried out on 1st January, 2024 and the admit card will for the same will likely be available from the third week of December 2023.
The XAT notification 2024 will be released online and contains all the details about the exam such as the schedule of exam, admit card availability date, answer key date, result date, last date for fee payment, corrections date in the application form, exam centres, institutes participating in the exam, marking scheme and more. XAT or Xavier Aptitude Test is a national-level entrance examination and is considered as one of the toughest entrance examinations which is conducted every year. It is organized for admission to post graduate management programs. There are various institutes that accepts XAT scores.
This entrance examination basically tests the candidate’s ability in general knowledge, essay writing, decision making, data interpretation, quant and verbal. It is an online test which is conducted for a duration of 190 minutes and comprises a total of 100 objective type of questions i.e. MCQs and 1 subjective question. It is a difficult exam to crack therefore, aspirants need to score well in this exam and have a proper preparation and exam strategy.
All the essential information related to XAT Notification 2024 such as exam date, registration process, result, etc. will be available on the official website and in this page here too.
XAT 2024 Highlights
|Exam Name||Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)|
|Conducting body||XLRI Jamshedpur|
|Exam type||National Level Post-Graduate Exam|
|Periodicity||Once in a year|
|Score/Percentile Validity||One Year|
|Mode of the Exam||Online|
|Duration of the Exam||3 hours 10 minutes|
|Annual No. of Test Takers||90,000 – 1 lakh Aspirants|
|Exam Pattern||Objective questions + 1 Essay|
|Number of questions||100 MCQs + 1 Essay Topic|
|Syllabus||Verbal and Logical Ability, Essay Writing, General Knowledge, Data Interpretation, Decision Making and Quantitative Ability|
|Negative Marking||0.10 marks after every 8 un-attempted questions and 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer (No negative marking for Essay & GK sections)|
|Programmes Offered by XLRI||Business Management (BM), General Management Programme (GMP) and Human Resource Management (HRM)|
XAT Notification 2024 Important Dates
|XAT Notification Release||July/ August 2023|
|XAT Application Form Release Date||August 2023|
|Last Date of submitting XAT Application||November/ December 2023|
|Last Date of Application (with late fee)||December 2023|
|Admit Card Issue||December 2023|
|XAT Exam 2024||Ist week of January 2024|
|XAT Answer Key Release||2nd week of January 2024|
|XAT Result 2024||3rd/ 4th week of January 2024|
Aspirants must check that they fulfill all the eligibility requirements before applying for XAT 2024:
- Aspirants must be Indian national and hold a three years duration bachelor’s degree or equivalent from any recognized university or institute in any stream.
- There is no age limit to appear for XAT 2024.
- The applicants who are awaiting for their final examination results by 10th June 2024 are also eligible to apply.
- Foreign and NRI applicants can apply through the GMAT score (except Kathmandu and Dubai wherein the candidates have the choice to appear in XAT 2024 examination).
- NRI candidates are also eligible to apply through the GMAT.
XAT 2024 Registration Form
- The first step to apply for XLRI and XAT related institutions is XAT registration. Candidates will have to apply online for XAT 2024 examination through the official portal i.e. www.xatonline.com.
- Candidates will have to log in to the official portal and register for the exam by creating their accounts. Upon registering the candidates will get an XAT ID and password.
- All the personal details like candidate’s educational qualification, contact no., addresses should be filled in the application form in the appropriate format.
- After filling process, candidates have to upload their scanned image of photograph and signature as per the prescriptions.
- The payment of the application fee should be made in online mode. It can be made using Debit Cards (RuPay / Maestro/ Master Card/ Visa), IMPS, Internet Banking, Credit Cards, Mobile Wallets/ Cash Cards.
|XAT Registration Fee (without late charges)||Rs. 1750/-|
|XAT Registration Fee (with late charges)||Rs. 2000/-|
|XLRI Programme(s)||Rs. 300/-|
|Foreign/ NRI Candidates applying for one or more programmes through GMAT||(Rs. 5000/- with Late fee)|
- Exam Mode: XAT 2024 will only be conducted via online mode i.e. it is a computer-based exam.
- Question Types: All the questions in the exam will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- Exam Duration: There will be total 3 hours for this exam.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will get one mark for every correct attempted question.
- Negative Marking: Negative Marking will be there in XAT 2024 i.e. 0.25 will be subtracted for each incorrect answer.
- XAT Exam 2024 will be conducted in two parts i.e. Part 1 & Part 2.
Part -1: Duration 170 Minutes
|Subjects||No. of questions||Duration|
|Data Interpretation and Quantitative Ability||28||165 minutes|
|Verbal and logical Ability||26|
|Subjects||No. Of Questions||Duration|
|General knowledge||25||15 Minutes|
XAT 2024 Results
XAT Result is likely to be published in the month of January 2024. Candidates will be able to get the result through online mode by visiting the official website of XAT. Candidates have to enter the XAT ID & Date of Birth that they received while registering in order to check their outcome. The merit list will be set and released on the basis of marks scored by the candidates. Therefore, only on the basis of the decided merit list, candidates will be allotted seats seats in the participating institutions.