Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2023: Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas or JNV aims at providing quality education to rural educational standards. This scheme was formed by the central government in the year 1986. It provides free-of-cost education to the students of classes 6th to 12th. It also takes care of the student’s food and accommodation along with their education. Students can take admitted to JNV in their 6th class after clearing the national-level entrance test. This test is held every year in February. The students can find all the admission-related details in this article.
3rd September 2022: Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti has released the admission notification for the selection test for Class 9th that will be conducted on 11th February 2023. The online applications can be submitted till 15th October 2022.
JNVST 2023 Details for Class 9th Admission
|Online application starts on||03 September 2022|
|Last date to apply||15 October 2022|
|Exam Date||11 February 2023 (Saturday)|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Medium of Exam||English/Hindi|
|Official Notification||Check Here|
|JNVST Class 9th Registration||Register Here|
|JNVST Online Application||Apply Here|
Note: A candidate seeking admission in class 9th, must be born between 01.05.2008 and 30.04.2010 (both days inclusive)
Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2023 Schedule (Tentative)
|Events||For class 6th|
|Application form release date||October 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||October 2022|
|Admit card release date (for phase 1)||December 2022|
|Exam date||January 2023|
|Declaration of results||June 2023|
|Application process begins||October|
|Last date to apply||November|
For class 6th
- The age limit for admission in class 6th will be 9 to 13 years (for all categories).
- Students must have passed their class 5th from a recognized board/institution.
- The age limit for admission in class 9th will be 13 to 16 years (for all categories).
- Candidates must have passed their class 8th from a Govt. / Govt. aided recognized institution/school.
- The age limit for admission in class 11th will be 14 to 18 years (for all categories).
- The candidate must have passed their Class 10th from a recognized school/board.
Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2023 Selection Procedure
- The Selection of classes 6th & 9th is purely based on the entrance test.
- Admission in class 11th is done on merit which is based on the class 10th result.
Languages Under JNVST
Below is the list of the languages in which JNVST will be organized:
- Manipuri (Meitei Mayek)
- Manipuri (Bangla Script)
JNVST Exam Pattern
for Class 9th
The Selection Test will consist of questions from the subjects of Mathematics, General Science, English, and Hindi. The difficulty level of the test paper shall be Class VIII.
for Class 6th
- The question paper will consist of 80 questions in total.
- The questions will include questions from the sections such as mental aptitude (non-verbal reasoning), Maths, and Hindi language.
- Candidates need to score the maximum marks for qualifying in the examination.
- The admission will be provided on the ranks achieved by the candidates.
- Negative marking will not be applicable in this test.
- Only 80 candidates are allowed to seek admission in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya after clearing JNVST 2023.
|Section||Total Questions||Marks||Duration of exam|
|General mental aptitude||40||50||60 min|
|Language test||20||25||30 min|
- The question paper will be available in English/Hindi languages only.
- The paper will be held offline mode only.
- Candidates need to prepare for subjects like Mathematics, General Science, English, and Hindi.
- The questions will be of objective type and the candidate needs to complete the exam within two hours.
JNVST 2023 Exam Syllabus
Mental Ability Section
- Odd-Man Out
- Figure Series Completion
- Figure Matching
- Pattern Completion
- Punched Hold Pattern (Folding/Unfolding)
- Space Visualization
- Geometrical Figure Completion (Square, Triangle, Circle)
- Mirror Imaging
- Embedded Visualization
- The number and numeric system
- The fractional number and four fundamental operations on them
- Four fundamental operations on the whole number
- Factors and multiple including their properties
- Distance, time, and speed
- Simplification of Numerical Expressions,
- Percentage and its applications
- Approximation of expressions
- LCM and HCF of numbers
- Conversion of fractions to decimals and vice-versa
- Decimals and fundamental operations on them
- Applications of the number in measure length, mass, capacity, time, money, etc
- Simple interest
- Profit and loss
- Perimeter, area, and volume
- Reading Comprehension & Grammar
|JNVST Selection List 2023 (Class 6 and 9) – Check the Result Here|
Check the procedure for application here:
- First go to the main web page of the Navodaya Vidyalaya i.e. www.navodaya.gov.in.
- Then, you need to get the direct link which will be redirected to the Navodaya Application Form 2023.
- Now, fill out all the required information in the form and proceed to the uploading of documents.
- Lastly, pay the application fee and generate the print out of the application form.
- 6th- 8th: No fee
- 9th – 12th: INR 1200/-
- SC/ ST category: No fee
- Wards of Government Employees: INR 1500/-
JNVST 2023 Result
The entrance exam result will be announced in June 2023. The result can be received from various offices of the District Education Officer, Deputy Commissioner, District Magistrate and Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, and the Navodaya Vidyalaya of the particular area.
The steps to Download the Result are as follows:
- Go to the official website i.e. www.navodya.gov.in.
- Find the class 6th and class 9th result links and click on it.
- Enter your exam roll number and password on the website.
- Verify and submit all the details on the website.
- Your JNVST Result will appear on the screen.
- Download and save the result for future use.
Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2023: FAQs
Question: What is the official website of JNVST?
Ans. The official website of JNVST is www.navodya.gov.in.
Question: When will the registration process for classes 6th and 9th begin?
Ans. The registration process for classes 6th and 9th will start in August and October 2023 respectively.
Question: When will the online registration for class 11th begin?
Ans. It will begin in August 2023.