SSC JE 2023: Junior Engineer Exam is conducted by SSC. Through this exam, candidates are appointed in various branches of engineering such as Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying & Contracts. In other words, SSC recruits candidates for Group B (Non- Gazetted), posts in level 6 (Rs 35400-112400/-) of the pay matrix of the 7th Central Pay Commission. Therefore, all the aspiring candidates who don’t want to miss this opportunity to join the prestigious government sector must apply for SSC JE 2023. Before applying for SSC JE, aspirants must go through the complete details of SSC JE 2023.
SSC JE 2023 Important Dates
|Official notification release date||1st week of October 2022|
|Last date to apply online||4th week of October 2022|
|SSC JE Tier 1 Admit Card||2nd week of March 2023|
|SSC JE Tier 1 Exam||3rd week of March 2023|
|Result declaration||April 2023|
|SSC JE Tier 2 Exam||To be notified|
- All the candidates must be aware of the eligibility requirements that are required to apply for SSC JE 2023:
- The applicant must hold an Indian Nationality.
- Candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering/ civil engineering/electrical engineering/diploma in relevant fields. However, some branches ask for experience in the respective field.
- The age relaxation and age limit according to the organization and categories is mentioned below:
|Central water commission||32 years|
|Farakka Barage Project||30 years|
|Border road organization||30 years|
|Directorate of quality assurance (Naval)||30 years|
SSC JE 2023 Application Form
- All the interested students can fill the application form online through the official website of the SSC – www.ssc.nic.in.
- After visiting the site, they are required to fill in their personal and academic details in the application form. Most importantly, a passport size photograph of the candidate and signature should also be uploaded in the specified format.
- Apart from this, candidates are also required to choose the exam center as their preference.
- In the next step, they will have to upload the documents that are asked in the application form.
- Once the documents are uploaded, candidates need to pay the application fee through online mode.
They can pay the application fee through their credit card, debit card, and internet banking.
On the other hand, the offline mode facility is also there. It includes payment through cash at any bank.
- Upon successful submission, take a printout of the application form.
- SSC JE Exam includes two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 will be objective type and Paper 2 will be subjective type.
- The examination will be held in online mode (Computer Based Test) for paper 1 whereas Paper 2 will be conducted in offline mode.
- 2 hours will be provided to complete the exam for paper 1 and paper 2 each.
- Questions will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- The exam will be held in English and Hindi both languages.
- The total no. of questions will be 200.
- Paper 1 will carry 200 marks while paper 2 will carry 300 marks.
- Meanwhile, the examination will include 3 sections that are listed below in the table:
|Sections||No. of questions||Total marks|
|General intelligence and reasoning||50||50|
|General engineering (civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural)||100||100|
|General engineering (civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural)||300|
SSC JE 2023 Selection Process
The merit list of SSC JE is prepared on the basis of the candidate’s performance in both the papers i.e. papers 1 and 2. In other words, candidates who will qualify for the cut-off for paper 1 will be allowed to appear for paper 2.
Then after qualifying both the papers, the qualified candidates are called or invited by the authority for the document verification process. Therefore, candidates will be allotted to the departments which they had chosen while applying for the application form. However, only the BRO department will further take the medical and physical efficiency tests of the candidate.
SSC JE 2023 Salary and Allowances
|Post||Level||Pay scale||Grade pay|
|Group B (Non-Gazetted)||Level 6||INR 35,400-112400/-||INR 4200/-|
- Dearness Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- Medical Allowance
- Travelling Allowances
- Other Special Allowances
SSC JE 2023 Result
The result of SSC JE 2023 will be announced as per the conducting authority. Candidates can check the result through online mode. Students are required to enter their application number and password. The merit list of the candidates will be prepared and released by the exam regulating authority.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: Where to register for SSC JE Entrance Exam 2023?
Ans. Candidates need to register online mode by accessing the official website of SSC.
Question: When will the SSC JE Tier 1 Online Registration start?
Ans. In the month of October 2022.
Question: Who will conduct the SSC JE entrance exam?
Ans. The officials of the Staff Selection Commission conduct SSC JE exams.
Question: What is the mode of result declaration?
Ans. The result will be announced on the official website – www.ssc.nic.in