SSC JE 2023: Junior Engineer Exam is conducted by SSC. Through this exam, candidates are appointed in various branches of engineering such as Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying & Contracts. In other words, SSC recruits candidates for Group B (Non-Gazetted), posts in level 6 (Rs 35400-112400/-) of the pay matrix of the 7th Central Pay Commission. Therefore, all aspiring candidates who don’t want to miss this opportunity to join the prestigious government sector must apply for SSC JE 2023.
12th August 2022: SSC JE 2022 Notification has been released. Interested candidates can apply online till 9th September 2022.
6th July 2022: SSC has released the revised examination calendar for the year 2022-2023. Check Here PDF.
|Online registration begins||12 August 2022|
|Last date of registration||02 September 2022|
|Last date for the generation of offline Challan
||02 September 2022|
|Last date and time for making online fee payment||03 September 2022|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during Working hours of Bank)||03 September 2022|
|Date of ‘Window for Application Form Correction’ and online payment of Correction Charges.||04 September 2022|
|Availability of Admit Card||To be Announced|
|Paper-1 conducted on||November 2022|
|Result announcement for paper-1 exam||To be Announced|
|Paper-II||To be Announced|
SSC JE 2022-23 Important Links
|SSC JE Official Notification (PDF)||Check Here|
|SSC New Registration||Register Here|
|To Apply for SSC CPO||Login Here|
SSC JE 2023 Important Dates
|Official notification release date||1st week of October 2022|
|Last date to apply online||4th week of October 2022|
|SSC JE Tier 1 Admit Card||2nd week of March 2023|
|SSC JE Tier 1 Exam||3rd week of March 2023|
|Result declaration||April 2023|
|SSC JE Tier 2 Exam||To be notified|
- All the candidates must be aware of the eligibility requirements that are required to apply for SSC JE:
- The applicant must hold an Indian Nationality.
- Candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering/ civil engineering/electrical engineering/diploma in relevant fields. However, some branches ask for experience in the respective field.
- The age relaxation and age limit according to the organization and categories is mentioned below:
|Central water commission||32 years|
|Farakka Barage Project||30 years|
|Border road organization||30 years|
|Directorate of quality assurance (Naval)||30 years|
SSC JE 2023 Application Form
- All the interested students can fill the application form online through the official website of the SSC – www.ssc.nic.in.
- After visiting the site, they are required to fill in their personal and academic details in the application form. Most importantly, a passport size photograph of the candidate and signature should also be uploaded in the specified format.
- Apart from this, candidates are also required to choose the exam center as their preference.
- In the next step, they will have to upload the documents that are asked in the application form.
- Once the documents are uploaded, candidates need to pay the application fee through online mode.
They can pay the application fee through their credit card, debit card, and internet banking.
On the other hand, the offline mode facility is also there. It includes payment through cash at any bank.
- Upon successful submission, take a printout of the application form.
|SC/ST/PH//female||Exempted from fee payment|
- SSC JE Exam includes two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 will be objective type and Paper 2 will be subjective type.
- The examination will be held in online mode (Computer Based Test) for paper 1 whereas Paper 2 will be conducted in offline mode.
- 2 hours will be provided to complete the exam for paper 1 and paper 2 each.
- Questions will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- The exam will be held in both English and Hindi both languages.
- The total no. of questions will be 200.
- Paper 1 will carry 200 marks while paper 2 will carry 300 marks.
- Meanwhile, the examination will include 3 sections that are listed below in the table:
|Sections||No. of questions||Total marks|
|General intelligence and reasoning||50||50|
|General engineering (civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural)||100||100|
|General engineering (civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural)||300|
SSC JE 2023 Selection Process
The merit list of SSC JE is prepared on the basis of the candidate’s performance in both the papers i.e. papers 1 and 2. In other words, candidates who will qualify for the cut-off for paper 1 will be allowed to appear for paper 2.
Then after qualifying both the papers, the qualified candidates are called or invited by the authority for the document verification process. Therefore, candidates will be allotted to the departments which they had chosen while applying for the application form. However, only the BRO department will further take the medical and physical efficiency tests of the candidate.
Salary and Allowances
The basic pay of Junior Engineers starts from Rs. 35400 to Rs. 112400 (Level 6 in Pay Matrix). Aspirants from different posts are eligible for different salaries. Apart from the basic pay, candidates will also be eligible to avail allowances such as HRA, DA, etc, and other perks and benefits.
In the table below, you can check the department-wise gross pay and in-hand salary for each group:
|Department||Group/ Grade||Gross Pay in Rs||In Hand in Rs|
|Central Water Commission Department||Junior Engineer/ JE (Civil)||4,200, 32,667 – 37,119||29,455 – 33,907|
|Central Water Commission Department||Junior Engineer/ JE (Mechanical)||4,200, 32,667 – 37,119||29,455 – 33,907|
|CPWD Junior Engineer- Civil Department||Grade B||4,200, 32,667 – 37,119||29,455 – 33,907|
|CPWD Junior Engineer- Electrical Department||Grade B||4,200, 32,667 – 37,119||29,455 – 33,907|
|Junior Engineer- Civil Department||Grade B||4,200, 32,667 – 37,119||29,455 – 33,907|
|Junior Engineer- Electrical Department||Grade B||4,200, 32,667 – 37,119||29,455 – 33,907|
|MES Junior Engineer- Civil Department||Grade B||4,200, 32,667 – 37,119||29,455 – 33,907|
Along with the basic pay, candidates will avail other various allowances like Transport Allowance, Contributory Pension Fund, Provident Fund, Medical Facility, Festival Bonus, etc. Moreover, candidates will have opportunities for promotion to a higher level in the same or another department. The notification will be uploaded on the official website of SSC JE, so we suggest them to check the official website regularly.
SSC JE 2023 Result
The outcome will be announced as per the conducting authority. Candidates can check the result through online mode. Students are required to enter their application number and password. The merit list of the candidates will be prepared and released by the exam regulating authority.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: Where to register for SSC JE Entrance Exam 2023?
Ans. Candidates need to register online mode by accessing the official website of SSC.
Question: When will the SSC JE Tier 1 Online Registration start?
Ans. In the month of October 2022.
Question: Who will conduct the SSC JE entrance exam?
Ans. The officials of the Staff Selection Commission conduct SSC JE exams.
Question: What is the mode of result declaration?
Ans. The result will be announced on the official website – www.ssc.nic.in