AMU Admission Form 2023: Aligarh Muslim University conducts entrance exam for admission to UG/PG, Diploma, and Doctoral courses. You can see the list of courses offered by the university in the post below. The exam is organized on a University Level. Therefore, it is advised to the students to start their preparation for the entrance exam. Once the entrance test is commenced, the university will release the list of shortlisted candidates on its official website. Read the complete article to know more about AMU admissions 2023 such as important dates, exam pattern, eligibility criteria, etc.
AMU Admission 2023 Overview
|Name of the exam||AMU Entrance Exam 2023|
|Exam conducting body||Aligarh Muslim University|
|Official website of AMU||amu.ac.in|
|Entrance Examination mode||Offline (Pen and Paper Based)|
|Exam Type||University- level|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
AMU 2023 Important Dates
|Official Notification release||May|
|Availability of online application form||May|
|Last date to apply online||June|
|Admit card release date||June|
|Official Notification release||March|
|Availability of online application form||March|
|Last date to apply online||April|
|Admit card release date||April|
|Courses||Last date to apply|
|BA (Hons)||2nd week of March|
|MBA/MBA (IB)/PG||3rd week of March|
|B.Ed.||3rd week of March|
|BA (Hons) foreign language||3rd week of March|
|SSSC/Diploma in Engineering||March|
|Diploma through CET||March|
|MA (Mass Communication)||3rd week of March|
- The candidate must be of Indian Nationality.
- Candidate must pass class 12th or an equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- For UG courses, the age of the candidate must be at least 17 years.
B.Tech: Candidates must pass 12th with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English.
- Candidates need to clear class 12th with 50% marks from a recognized board.
- Candidate must have English subject in 12th including three subjects among the following:
- Urdu and Modern Indian Languages, Statistics, Sociology, Sanskrit, Psychology, Persian, Political Science, Physics, Philosophy, Mathematics, History, Hindi, Computer Science, Geography, Islamic Studies, Physical Health Education, Fine Arts, Economics, English, Arabic, Education, Home Science, Commerce, Business Studies, Business Organization, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Banking, Accountancy.
MBA: Candidates must pass a bachelor’s degree with 50% marks from a recognized university.
- Candidates need to pass class 12th with 50% marks in Accounts and English and any two subjects from:
- Commerce, Statistics or Entrepreneurship, Mathematics, Banking, Business Organization, Business Studies, Economics.
M.Com: Candidates should have cleared B.Com degree with 55% marks from a recognized university.
AMU Admission Form 2023
- The application form will be soon available online mode as per the dates notified by the university.
- It is instructed to submit the application form before the last date of form submission.
- The Application procedure will consist of certain steps such as exam registration, exam selection, uploading documents (as per the specifications), application verification, and fee payment.
- However, during registration, candidates will also have to provide their email ID & contact details in the application form.
- Any blunder in the application form can lead to forming rejection. Therefore, make sure to fill in all the details correctly in the application form.
- Candidates will be able to pay the application fee via online mode using a credit card, debit card, and net banking.
- All the important information related to the application form will be directly sent to the candidate’s registered ID & phone number therefore you must provide valid mobile no. and email id.
- Lastly, candidates should take the printout of the duly filled application form for further use.
|B.Com, B.Sc., BA (Hons)||Rs. 400/-|
|B.Tech/BA LLB/MBA/MBA (IB)||Rs. 650/-|
- The examination mode will be held offline (pen and paper-based test).
- 3 hours will be provided to complete the examination.
- Questions will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- For a detailed exam pattern, refer to the table below:
|Course||Duration||No. of questions||Total marks|
|B.Com (Hons)||2 hours||100||100|
|BA (Hons)||2 hours||100||100|
AMU Admission Result
The result of the AMU UG/PG entrance exam will be announced as per the conducting authority. The resulting schedule will be updated through the official website of AMU. Candidates can check the result through online mode.
Meanwhile, students need to enter their application number and password. The officials of AMU will prepare and release the merit list of the candidates. The result or scorecard will contain the marks secured by the candidates, rank, qualification status, etc.
AMU Admission 2023 FAQs
Question: When will the AMU BA (Hons) Registration end?
Ans. The deadline for submitting the application form for the BA Hons is the 2nd week of March 2023.
Question: What is the official website of AMU?
Ans. The official website of AMU is www.amu.ac.in
Question: What is the mode of result declaration?
Ans. The result will be announced on the authorized website of Aligarh Muslim University.
Question: What is the Application fee for AMU B.Tech Entrance Exam 2023?
Ans. All the candidates need to pay Rs. 650/- as the application fee for the B.Tech exam.