Annamalai University B.Ed and M.Ed Admission 2023: Annamalai University is one of the biggest teaching and residential universities in Southern Asia. Faculty of Education, Annamalai University offers teaching courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The admission to the undergraduate program i.e. B.Ed is provided on the basis of marks or rank secured by the candidates in the qualifying exam whereas admission to the M.Ed program will be done on the basis of entrance examination conducted by the Annamalai University. The application process for B.Ed and M.Ed programs will soon be started by the university. Interested candidates who want to pursue their career in teaching and looking forward to applying at Annamalai University must read the complete post below.
Annamalai University B.Ed and M.Ed 2023 Dates
|Commencement of application process||3rd week of July 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||August 2023|
|Counseling for B.Ed and M.Ed admissions||September 2023|
The eligibility criteria will be determined by the Faculty of Education, Annamalai University. Check the eligibility norms below:
- The applicant must have completed their graduation from a recognized university.
- B.Tech graduates are also eligible to apply for the B.Ed program.
- Applicants who have completed their UG/PG degree through distance education are also eligible. However, these students must have completed their class 10th and 12th in regular mode.
- Candidates who have passed their UG degree with combination subjects will be required to choose only one main subject and they must apply for the optional subject only.
- Applicants who have done a five-year PG degree are also eligible to apply for a B.Ed course. However, the only condition is that the university will only consider marks of PG level.
- Candidates who have done B. Tech is allowed to apply for Physical Science or Mathematics at B.Ed level.
- Graduate students with Applied Mathematics can also apply for Mathematics at the B.Ed level.
- Graduates in Electronics, Biophysics, Applied Physics, and Geophysics can apply for Mathematics at B.Ed level.
- Graduates in Biochemistry and Applied Chemistry can apply for Physical Science at B.Ed level.
- UG graduates in Plant Biology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science, Microbiology, and Plant Biotechnology are eligible to apply for Natural Science.
- Commerce students applying for commerce subjects at B.Ed level must have done a PG degree in the relevant field.
Minimum Qualifying Marks
Candidates who are applying for B.Ed Admission must have to secure the following percentage at UG/PG level. Check below:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentage|
|Physically Handicapped and Visually Challenged||40%|
- Applicants who have completed B.A. B.Ed /B.Sc. B.Ed /B.Ed with 50% aggregate marks is eligible to apply. Postgraduates candidates shall be given more preference.
- Reserved category candidates will be provided relaxation as per the Tamil Nadu state govt. rules.
Annamalai University Application Form
- Candidates can download the application form through the official website of Annamalai University.
- Candidates must submit the application form before its due date.
- The Applicants will have to enter their personal and academic details in the application form such as name, father’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email id, nativity, community, etc. Candidates must provide these details carefully.
- Before submitting the details, applicants are required to review the application form thoroughly.
- Candidates can easily pay the application fee through online mode. The application fee will vary according to the categories.
- Lastly, Applicants should take out the print of the application form and submit it to the Annamalai University by post. The candidates must not forget to submit their relevant documents along with the application form to ‘The Registrar, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, Chidambaram, Cuddalore District, Tamil Nadu-608002.
Annamalai University B.Ed and M.Ed Admission Procedure
The admission to the candidates in the B.Ed course will be offered on the basis of the percentage of marks secured by them in the qualifying exam (Undergraduate). Candidates with sports quotas, NCC/NSS will be given first preference in the selection process. While, the admission to M.Ed will be done through the M.Ed Entrance Test which is organized by the Faculty of Education, Annamalai University. Candidates who will participate in the M.Ed Entrance Test will have to go for the next step i.e. Interview. Clearing Interview is very mandatory for the final selection of the students. M.Ed merit list will be prepared in the consideration of the Entrance Test and Interview both.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the official web portal of Annamalai University?
Ans. The official website is www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in
Question: Where to register for B.Ed admission 2023?
Ans. Candidates are required to register through the online website of Annamalai University.
Question: When will the Annamalai University B.Ed and M.Ed online Registration 2023 start?
Ans. The online registration will begin in the third week of July 2023.
Question: On what basis, admission to the M.Ed program at Annamalai University will be provided?
Ans. Candidates need to clear the entrance test and Interview for admission to the M.Ed program at Annamalai University.
Question: What is the last date of application form submission at Annamalai University?
Ans. Candidates who wish to apply for B.Ed and M.Ed admission at Annamalai University must submit the application form before August 2023.