APSET 2023: Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test is a state-level test which is organized for the post of Assistant Professor and Lectureship. Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam is the official authority that is responsible for conducting the test. Candidates who hold a master’s degree are eligible to appear for APSET. The application for the same will soon be eligible on the official website www.apset.net.in. The exam is going to be held at 6 regional centers. Candidates must read all the eligibility criteria before registering online.
APSET 2023 Highlights
|Conducting body||Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam|
|Name of the Exam||APSET|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Exam Purpose||For the post of Assistant Professor and Lectureship|
|Exam Type||Entrance Test|
|Entrance Test Date||October 2023|
APSET 2023 Important Dates
|Online registration starts from||1st week of August 2023|
|Last date of submitting the form||September 2023|
|Admit card issue date||2nd week of October 2023|
|Entrance exam date||3rd week of October 2023|
|Result declaration||3rd week of November 2023|
- Applicants must have completed their master’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks. There is 5% of relaxation in marks for SC/ ST/ PWD/ OBC category candidates.
- Candidates who are going to appear in the examination of their final year of post-graduation can also apply.
- Transgender candidates have to secure at least 50 % marks in a master’s degree.
- Candidates having a Ph.D. degree will also be eligible with 5% of relaxation in marks.
- Applicants can only appear in the subject that they have studied in post-graduation.
- There is no such upper age limit specified for APSET.
- The candidates who have previously qualify UGC NET or APSET are not eligible to apply in the same subject in which they had qualified.
- Those applicants who have a Master’s degree/ diploma from an Indian/ Foreign University need to check the equivalence of their degree/ diploma/ certificate with the master’s degree recognized by the Indian Universities from AIU, New Delhi.
APSET 2023 Application Form
- The Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam is responsible for making the online application form available.
- Candidates have the facility to visit the official website of APSET and fill the form.
- For registration, candidates have to provide their valid email id and mobile number.
- Once registered, candidates have to provide the valid basic details that are asked in the application form.
- Along with this, you have to attach the requisite documents online in the application form.
- After you have successfully uploaded the documents, pay the requisite application fee.
- Upon successful submission of the application form, take out its hard copy.
|General/ OBC category||Rs.1200/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender category||Rs. 700/-|
- Examination Mode: The APSET examination mode will be offline (Pen and Paper-based test).
- Language: It will be organized in English and Telugu language.
- Marking: There is no negative marking in Paper 1.
- Duration of Exam: The exam’s duration is 1 hour (Morning session).
- Type of Questions: There will be Objective Based Questions in Paper 1.
- Total Questions: There will be 50 questions with 100 marks in Paper 1.
- Total Subjects: There will be total 4 subjects in the exam as Reasoning Ability, Comprehension, Divergent Thinking, General Awareness
- Examination Mode: The paper 2 modes will be offline (Pen and Paper-based test).
- Language: It will be organized in English, only some will contain bilingual.
- Marking: There is no negative marking in Paper 2.
- Duration of Exam: The exam’s duration is 2 hours (Afternoon session).
- Type of Questions: There will be Objective Based Questions in Paper 2.
- Total Questions: There will be 100 questions with 200 marks in Paper 2.
- Total Subjects: Subject will be Elective/ Field as per candidate’s preference.
The Andhra University will organize exams at 6 regional centers which are:
APSET 2023 Result
- Andhra University will publish the result for the exam.
- The officials will release the result on the official website- www.apset.net.in.
- Candidates just need to access the official web page and tap on the “APSET Score” on the student’s dashboard.
- They have to then fill in their Admit Card No., Date of Birth, and Security Key, and then click on Submit option.
- Now, the candidates will be able to see their scores/ results.
- Candidates are suggested to download their results/scorecards for further reference.
As per the UGC Rules and Regulations, only those 6% of candidates who qualify for the APSET will be eligible for the position of Assistant Professor or Lecturer in a College or University. Therefore, candidates are advised to perform best in the entrance test for the final selection.
Question: Where can candidates apply for APSET?
Ans. The authorized web portal to apply is www.apset.net.in.
Question: What is the entrance exam date for APSET 2023?
Ans. The entrance test is scheduled to be held in the third week of October 2023 tentatively.
Question: What is the examination mode for the APSET exam 2023?
Ans. The mode of the exam will be offline i.e. pen and paper-based.