Border Security Force (BSF) is known to be India’s security as frontline and is one of the prime Armed Police Forces of the Union Government. BSF functions under the administration of the Ministry of Home Affairs. Every year, eligible candidates are appointed in the ministry of home affairs for various posts such as Tradesmen, Safaiwala, Paramedical, Prahari, Constable, Head Constable, Head Constable, Sub-Inspector, Stenographer, etc. Both male and female candidates can apply for the above-mentioned posts. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Staff Selection Commission (SSC), and BSF recruitment Board conduct the recruitment process for these posts. Interested candidates can get all the information regarding BSF Recruitment 2023 from this post.
BSF Recruitment 2023 Details
|Location of job||All over India|
|Type of job||Government job|
|Category of job||Police job|
|Name of the organization||Border Security Force (BSF)|
|Number of vacancies||1700 (Expected)|
|Notification released on||Coming soon|
BSF Recruitment 2023 Important Dates
|Availability of recruitment application forms||To be Announced|
|Last date to apply||To be Announced|
|Admit card release date||To be Announced|
|Date of aptitude test/ interview||To be Announced|
|Result announcement||To be Announced|
- To apply for the post of sub-inspector, candidates must have completed their higher secondary education (HSC) along with a 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized institute.
- The age of the contenders should be between 21 years to 30 years however for some posts, candidates between the age of 18 to 25 years will also be eligible to apply for the same.
- For the post of constable and other posts, candidates should pass the secondary school education along with ITI for the technical posts from a recognized institute.
- Applicants from the reserved category will get relaxation in the upper age as per the rules and regulations of the higher authority.
- Apart from this, aspirants should also fulfill the physical standards in order to apply for the posts of BSF.
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|JK candidates||5 years|
PMT (Physical Measurement Test) (For Constable)
|General||165 cms||155 cms|
|SC/ ST||162.5 cms||150 cms|
|Chest (only for men)||Normal||Expanded|
|General||78 cms||83 cms|
|SC/ ST||76 cms||81 cms|
PET (Physical Efficiency Test) (For GD Constable)
5 km race in 24 Minutes
1.6 km race in 8.30 Minutes
General: Candidates must not have squinted eyes, and they should have high color vision. Candidates having varicose veins will temporarily be disqualified. Moreover, they should be in good mental and physical health. Applicants need to be free from any physical deformities and free diseases for instance respiratory diseases, piles, hernia, diabetes, or any other ailment.
EyeSight: The distant vision of the applicant must be 6/6 for at least one eye and not poorer than 6/9 for the other without correction. Applicant’s near vision must be normal.
BSF Recruitment 2023 Application Form
- The application form will be made available from the official web portal of the BSF or its official authority or UPSC, SSC that is responsible for recruiting the candidates for BSF.
- The application form for BSF Recruitment can be either submitted through online mode or offline mode.
- Candidates will have to provide each and every piece of information properly in the application form.
- Applicants must also upload scanned photos and signatures in the application form as per the prescriptions in the BSF application form.
- Along with this, applicants will be required to pay the application fee of Rs. 200 for the post of SI and ASI and Rs. 100 for all other posts they are applying for.
- Candidates can use modes such as credit card, debit card, or net banking as the payment of the application fee.
- Candidates can also use the SBI bank challan method for the fee payment.
The examination pattern for all the posts differs from each other. However, we have listed some major points regarding the BSF Recruitment Exam pattern below:
- The official authority of BSF recruitment is responsible for conducting the exam for the selection of the candidates.
- There will be objective types of questions (MCQs) in the BSF recruitment question paper.
- The exam conducting authority will deduct marks for each wrong answer, therefore; candidates need to be attentive while solving the questions in the BSF recruitment question paper.
BSF Recruitment 2023 Result
Once the exam for BSF Recruitment is successfully commenced, the result for the same will be announced on the official website of UPSC or SSC respective to the BSF recruitment authority.
Candidates can check the result by providing their roll number and date of birth in the required fields.
BSF Selection Process
The selection of the candidates will be on the premises of the score attained by the candidates in the BSF recruitment question paper. After qualifying for the exam, shortlisted candidates will also have to clear the physical and medical tests as well.