The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing is the main organization that regulates the C-CAT examination for shortlisting candidates for diploma programs such as mobile computing, computer science, electronics, etc. This exam conducts this examination two times a year. Candidates who are eagerly waiting to apply for CDAC C-CAT should collect all the information about the same online. The Application Form for the same will be released by the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) on their official web portal. Candidates can only submit the form through online mode along with the requisite fee. To apply for C-DAC’s Common Admission Test, applicants need to do the registration by providing a name, e-mail id, mobile number, password, source of information, etc. Get more details about CDAC C-CAT 2023 important dates, eligibility criteria, application form, exam dates, exam patterns, and more from this article.
CDAC C-CAT 2023 Highlights
|Exam Name||CDAC C-CAT 2023|
|Full-Form||CDAC’s Computerized Common Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||Center for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
CDAC C-CAT 2023 Important Dates
|Beginning of online registration and application for C-CAT||December 2022|
|Online registration closing and application fee payment last date for C-CAT||January 2023|
- Post Graduate Diploma in Geoinformats: Candidates must hold a 4-year Degree in Geosciences / Mathematics/ Natural & Applied Sciences/ Geology/ Geography/ Agriculture/ Forestry/ Architecture/ Planning Petroleum / Mining / Civil or related fields.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Computing: Candidates must be Graduate in any discipline of Engineering or hold a degree of MCM, MCA, Degree in Physics / Mathematics / Statistics/ Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Management with graduation in IT.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Mobile Computing: A Post Graduate Degree in Mathematics / Statistics/ MCA is required.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Artificial Intelligence: A Candidate must be a Graduate in any discipline of Engineering, or MCM, MCA, or a Post Graduate Degree in Physics / Mathematics / Statistics.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Big Data Analytics: The candidate must be a Graduate in any discipline of Engineering or hold a degree of MCA, MCM, or a master’s degree in Physics / Mathematics / Statistics or PG in Management with graduation in IT / Computer Applications/ Computer Science.
- Post Graduate Diploma in IT Infrastructure, Systems & Security: Post Graduate Degree in Statistics/ Mathematics or MCA.
- Post Graduate Diploma in the Internet of Things: MCA.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Secure Software Development: MCA
CDAC C-CAT 2023 Application Process
- Candidates will have to go to the official website of the competent authority, i.e., CDAC.
- The candidates can only submit the form online. No other mode would be entertained in any case.
- A candidate should avoid submitting multiple forms as it will lead to the cancellation of candidature.
- They must also provide a valid e-mail Id and mobile number as all communication will be made through the provided email id and mobile number.
- Upload the scanned copies of clear passport photographs in JPG/JPEG format as mentioned in the Information brochure.
- In case, if there is any technical or any other issue while uploading the scanned photograph then the applicants are informed to send the mail with his/ her registration details and the scanned passport size photograph forthwith.
- Candidates will have to pay the application cost online & it will not be accepted via IPO, Pay Order, Money Order, Cheque, etc.
- Any request for a change of category or subject after the submission of the form won’t be accepted by the authorities.
- Take a few xeroxes of the duly filled application form for further process.
- The candidates must not send the print copy of the online application form & the receipt of fee payment to the conducting body’s office.
|Course category||C-CAT Paper||Examination fee|
CDAC C-CAT takes place in the following cities:
- Navi Mumbai
- New Delhi
- The mode of exam will be commenced in the online mode.
- C-CAT will involve three sections (Section A, Section B, Section C). Each section will be of one-hour duration.
- The C-CAT’s medium is English.
- Every section in C-CAT will include 50 objective-type questions.
- Each question will carry four options as possible answers of which only one will be correct.
- There will be +3 marks for each right answer, and -1 will get deducted for each wrong answer, while zero marks for un- attempted the question.
- A candidate can acquire a maximum mark in any one section of C-CAT i.e. 150.
|Course category||Name of the course||C-CAT Papers|
|I||PG Diploma in Geoinformatics (PG-DGi)||Section A|
|PG Diploma in Advanced Computing (PG- DAC)||
Section A + Section B
|PG Diploma in Big Data Analytics (PG- DBDA)|
|PG Diploma in IT Infrastructure, Systems, and Security (PG- DITISS)|
|PG Diploma in the Internet of things (PG- DIoT)|
|PG Diploma in Artificial Intelligence (PG- DAI)|
|PG Diploma in Mobile Computing (PG- DMC)|
|PG Diploma in Advanced Secure Software Development (PG- DASSD)|
|PG Diploma in Embedded Systems Design (PG- DESD)||
Section A + Section B+ Section C
|PG Diploma in VLSI Design (PG- DVLSI)|
|PG Diploma in Robotics and Allied Technologies (PG- DRAT)|
The result will be declared on the official website. All the participants will be able to use their login credentials in order to download the result. Those who qualify the examination will also have to appear for counseling.